Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I work for an organization under the umbrella of a university. We had furloughs during COVID and I expect those to return. They also love to freeze new hires (filling vacant positions) while giving piddly little raises to the people left doing several people's jobs. A big sign poo poo is getting real: they canned a new hire still in her probationary period for cause and then tried to fudge the rules where they're supposed to put the person on a performance improvement plan or whatever first. I think managers were just trying to free up cash, but I've never seen that in a decade here.

I'm like six weeks out from taking three months of parental leave and my plan was to look for new, higher paying jobs while I was out. Hope I'm not shooting myself in the dick by appearing expendable and then casting my line into a shrinking job market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU