Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
It is funny how much what I would consider the classic period of The Cure matches up with the period when Robert had a puffy drunk face and longish floofy hair and makeup and that period matched up pretty well with my peak period of music fandom when I was really interested in doughty American bands like the Modern Lovers and the Replacements who did basically the same mopy thing and didn't click with suburban teenage girls due to the lack of puffy floofy makeup stuff and I totally hated the Cure at the time despite the fact that they wrote some really great songs and in retrospect if I were even a tiny bit heterosexual I would've pretended to like them like that kid Ben Dallas and probably wound up married to some chick and living in the suburbs in like Columbus Ohio.

In summation, you guys are right, "Wish" really was a solid record and I should've bought it instead of the rear end Ponys record with "Li'l Bastard" on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU