Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
All due respect to Robert, I used to dress like the cure in the late 80's. I didn't do lipstick, but I did foundation and eyeliner, which I think is actually a good look for guys, even cis ones like me. There was this one dude I knew who actually had a "Cure car" where he painted the cheap used junker car with the kind of graphics you see on Head on the Door / Kiss me x3. He usually always had at least three girls also dressed like the Cure in tow. He got his rear end kicked one night at the dance club when him and his groupies brought squirt guns and started squirting punks / goths.

I like all of the music except the stuff that got too mainstream and I got sick of (Disintegration), my favorite album is probably The Glove, which is weird since Robert only sings two tracks on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETpJ1GfjbUQ

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

JnnyThndrs posted:

If The Glove didn’t have that terrible singer on most if it, it would be a classic album. Jesus, she’s irritating, but Severin and Smith do a good job together.

I love Jeanette Landray's vocals on that album! When I first heard some of the songs I thought it was Siouxsie!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Singers on tour often use vocal steroids to keep their voice up.

He appears to be in some sort of distress, he keeps touching his throat, and he sounds just awful, not at all like himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oqS-8voPFc

He has to leave and stop about halfway through.

(Since we started talking about Morissey.)