Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

if we die from the bombs it’s the uranium age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eeyo posted:

was it one of those high entropy alloys? i think that’s a hot topic these days. they’re mixtures of like 5 metals in almost equal proportions, and they’re supposed to be mixed up at the crystal level (so it’s not like regions of one metal beside regions of another metal. every lattice point ends up with a different element).

I think this guy wasn’t trying to make anything of value, just see what would happen in a general sense if he melted as many different metals together

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ve watched a lot of Nile red and a bunch of extractions&ire and I feel like I’ve learned nothing relevant to my life. all I’ve learned is how to make dubious compounds like chlorophorm

if it was interesting then it was relevant - to loving life

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Eeyo posted:

if we die from the bombs it’s the uranium age.

plutonium age

it's even cooler because it's an entirely new metal that has never existed on earth. i mean, i assume whatever amount was created by supernovas had already decayed by the time the earth formed since its most stable isotope has a half-life of like 2000 years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

brominated micro plastics age

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I bought a book on the history of chemistry I’ll let you know how it is when I’m done with the facist strongman book I’m ready

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
"mein kampf" or "the doctrine of fascism"?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
art of the deal lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

chemex and carbs, thread redeemed

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
is there any practical way to learn chemistry with a proper lab component once out of school. i kinda missed out since my physical science education in HS was uninspiring, and i kinda noped out of the 3h lab sessions in college since maths poo poo covered the same curriculum reqs or w/e

like sure, the local community college has courses, but i generally have to be at work at 9am on tuesdays and thursdays, so they're kinda eh

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

VSOKUL girl posted:

is there any practical way to learn chemistry with a proper lab component once out of school. i kinda missed out since my physical science education in HS was uninspiring, and i kinda noped out of the 3h lab sessions in college since maths poo poo covered the same curriculum reqs or w/e

like sure, the local community college has courses, but i generally have to be at work at 9am on tuesdays and thursdays, so they're kinda eh

In Canada, Athabasca University is a bit like the Open University in the UK, and if you take a chem class from them they mail you a lab in a box to do the homework, maybe wherever you live has a similar sort of school

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dijkstracula posted:

mail you a lab in a box

Schrödinger's Cat Dog (depending on delivery times)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love the way glyphosate rolls off the tongue

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

echinopsis posted:

I love the way glyphosate rolls off the tongue

yeah it doesn't wet very well

rotor fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 20, 2022

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what did the ancient egyptians use to kill weeds

hieroglyphospate

what did the half italian half egyptian drug dealer do?

he got hiero off his own supplyo

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ve watched a lot of Nile red and a bunch of extractions&ire and I feel like I’ve learned nothing relevant to my life. all I’ve learned is how to make dubious compounds like chlorophorm

extractions&ire and his other channel explosions&fire are really good

Eeyo posted:

i got credit from ap chemistry classes in high school so i didn’t have to submit to the weedout courses it was great.

same but that ap credit was done in my junior year so by college I didn't remember poo poo and just took the classes anyways. at least they weren't weed out classes at the school I went to

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

VSOKUL girl posted:

chemistry labs, especially the basic ones are very tedious imo, my least favorite part of my undergrad chem degree.

you spend 3-4 hours following a recipe to make a white powder, take a couple measurements to make sure you cooked up the right powder and then flush it down a drain.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
you left out the step where you light the powder on fire and write down what it smells like

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

the worst part: you are NOT under any circumstances allowed to snort the powder

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

but on the other hand you get to wear a ~lab coat~

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you can just buy a lab coat on amazon

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

don't think I haven't already, got some goggles too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wear one of those dorky white coats that go up high around your neck and it really harshes my vibe man

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

echinopsis posted:

I wear one of those dorky white coats that go up high around your neck and it really harshes my vibe man

…a straight jacket?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you’d be amazed if you knew just how hard it was to shitpost from
one of
those

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
oh, it's what they call painting a screed on the walls of your padded cell with your poo poo too?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Sagebrush posted:

and then you can sit on the sidewalk outside planned parenthood, and when a car pulls in, you walk up to them and they will listen to your religious spiel, because they thought you're a nurse who is there to help them.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
can, and did.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*my religious spiel is about how children are evil

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

President Beep posted:

*my religious spiel is about how children are evil

look at them. look at them plotting

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

look at them. look at them plotting

there’s literally one of them on each side of me right now :ninja:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

President Beep posted:

there’s literally one of them on each side of me right now :ninja:

rip president beep. usurped 12/21/22

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

they coordinate their attacks in very cunning ways. one won’t stop talking and the other one is extremely grumpy. very difficult to defend against such disparate offenses at the same time.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
almost as manipulative as the dogs. cognitively similar, more research is needed to effectively defend against this developing threat against vital Dad Interests

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

whats the chemical in caffeine that makes it taste so good?

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

fart simpson posted:

whats the chemical in caffeine that makes it taste so good?

it’s those scrumptious nitrogens

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

pro cooking tip: use lots of nitrogens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

cool thanks