Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nice Van My Man posted:

It lacks the raw charisma of the Watch for Rolling Rocks classic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

thats also true. theres a bit in the middle that pretty much repeats this video but its done in that unflattering nerd voice of the big video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DoctorWhat posted:

TAS authors are also often real-time runners, and their discoveries and innovations inform real-time runners' strategies. It's like sports medicine.

My preference for Speedruns is RTA, but a good TAS is something to behold. It's interesting how tricks that were only "TAS tricks" in SMB and DKC have become doable by humans through sheer force of will.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I like the super mario world thing where a TAS can somehow use the second controller port to stuff arbitrary data into ram. That's a neat trick.