Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RepeatingMeme

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

deep dish peat moss posted:

This cow is rad as hell and controls the angles to make sure they're never a square.

With kickin rad power comes kickin rad responsibility, i swear to only use them for good vibes. Thanks!

Thanks Justa Dandelion, Dumb Sex-Parrot, deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

You are The Prefriender, whose power is that if you imagine a friend is a nearby empty space suit it comes to life to help you.

awww lovely, now i'll always have an extra posting pal around! :unsmith:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Perhaps you should spend your treasures on an ergonomic chair to save your brittle treasure golem posture.

one of my treasures is a very comfy chair that also warps my bones. it's like the epic of amigara fault but a chair.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

deep dish peat moss

Grinches are Glowing posted:

Can I be a superhero villain

It's easy to see why you turned to villainy after all the other superheroes kept making fun of your danglers.

deep dish peat moss

Saoshyant posted:

I am the Guardian of the Forest, and I'm posting ITT.

:hmmyes:

deep dish peat moss

Scuba Trooper posted:

guardian of beer (sorry, escape from noise)

I think a Rad Badger is called a Radger which is similar to Rager.

deep dish peat moss

Ohtori Akio posted:

i am the guardian of an incredibly ominous upside-down castle

You are omegadeath

Heather Papps

hello friend

what's it like, being good at art?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ohtori Akio

You are omegadeath

oh hell yeah this owns

Shifty Nipples

Heather Papps posted:

what's it like, being good at art?

i would like to know this as well, my not artistically creative brain can't even conceptualize the steps that lead to these awesome creations

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

deep dish peat moss

It's tough because I don't think anyone ever really sees themselves as a great artist, because in every single thing you make you're aware of all of the problems it has and all the things that don't look quite right and the parts that could be better, which others don't necessarily see.

And the kinds of art that are lucrative are things that I generally don't enjoy or that aren't in my wheelhouse (things like portrait commissions, animation, UI/UX design, 3d modeling). So the thing I've been learning is that "neat art" doesn't really take you very far on its own, you have to come up with something else as a delivery vehicle for that art (like a comic, animation, game, etc) which has been difficult because it's a new skillset to take on and I always get super ambitious about it then fall flat because ultimately I'm not that interested in that stuff beyond the like, temporary novel rush of imagining the personality or life of a character I'm doodling or imagining how this character doodle could fit into a bigger whole.

Also it's impossible to grow or maintain an audience without a lot of social media posting and I hate social media :smith:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Sounds likea job for a bionic centaur

Hell yeah, look at that 12-pack!

Goons Are Gifts

It's easy to see why you turned to villainy after all the other superheroes kept making fun of your danglers.

HOW DARE THEY

holy poo poo this is great sig and av material thank you I love you and your art we should plot a plan to take over the world together imo

Scuba Trooper

I think a Rad Badger is called a Radger which is similar to Rager.

this guy DEFINITELY drinks IPAs and has strong opinions of the latest Voodoo Ranger release

Xamboni
I am the guardian of jazz

deep dish peat moss

your friend sk posted:

I am the guardian of lab chemistry hobbyists

You are The Alchemist, it's crazy that you turned your face into a cauldron though

deep dish peat moss

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i am the guardian of grandma's house!

or i would like to be, at least, if you can get around to it

Real easy backstory here about how grandma gave you a teddy bear so when you grew up you made it into a robot to protect her

deep dish peat moss

Twenty Four posted:

the Guardian of the Guardians sounds pretty impressive, but I just run errands and junk for them while they do the important stuff.

Yeah but at least you look coo' while doing it, Messenger Pigeon.

deep dish peat moss

Oh holy smokes, that's all of them.

deep dish peat moss

Oops I knew there was another one

Xamboni posted:

I am the guardian of jazz

They call you Bee Bop cause you rock steady, Honey.

deep dish peat moss

Grinches are Glowing posted:

HOW DARE THEY

holy poo poo this is great sig and av material thank you I love you and your art we should plot a plan to take over the world together imo

I am absolutely interested in working on something but I have extremely bad ADHD and will draw myself in a different direction everyday!! I don't know how to harness that energy myself

Tonight I drew cyberspace ghosts

sb hermit

I am absolutely interested in working on something but I have extremely bad ADHD and will draw myself in a different direction everyday!! I don't know how to harness that energy myself

Tonight I drew cyberspace ghosts

Is it ok if I steal one of these for an av?

deep dish peat moss

Yeah go for it! If it looks weird when you resize it then let me know which one and I can export an av-sized version, the ones I have on my ipad are much larger than these

e: well okay they're a little over twice the size but still

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 27, 2022

sb hermit

Yeah go for it! If it looks weird when you resize it then let me know which one and I can export an av-sized version, the ones I have on my ipad are much larger than these

Thank you! I'm thinking of cropping the rabbit looking person so that it's more of a portrait. I need some time to get to it, though.

sb hermit

What do you think an intergalactic superhero chef would look like? The guardian of happy tummies?

deep dish peat moss

sb hermit posted:

Thank you! I'm thinking of cropping the rabbit looking person so that it's more of a portrait. I need some time to get to it, though.

The ears are too tall to easily fit in an avatar :|

sb hermit

The ears are too tall to easily fit in an avatar :|

Ooh! Thank you!

Prof. Crocodile

Real easy backstory here about how grandma gave you a teddy bear so when you grew up you made it into a robot to protect her

:kiss:

as long as there is breath in my lungs, no doilies will be askew nor shall any decorative plates hang caddy-wampus.

Stoner Sloth

ddpm, you are a forums treasure my friend :unsmith:

Manifisto

I got really burned out and didn't want to draw superheroes but here's a cosmic sleep wizard

I love it, thank you!

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 27, 2022

ty nesamdoom!

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Guardian of Raccoons who is very original and not based on any other raccoon themed guardians. You can’t lay claim to the concept of raccoons in space, and there’s a lot of space, so why can’t there can be two of them.

sb hermit

I like to eat carrots and save lives, and I'm all out of carrots.

In fact, I've never had a carrot in my life since alfalfa and hay are the only biological foodstuffs that were bred to survive the harsh radiation of space. I hear they're good though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Twenty Four

Yeah but at least you look coo' while doing it, Messenger Pigeon.

wow! :nice:

It's tough because I don't think anyone ever really sees themselves as a great artist, because in every single thing you make you're aware of all of the problems it has and all the things that don't look quite right and the parts that could be better, which others don't necessarily see.

I've heard plenty of people who are, at some level, "good at art" say this, and I understand what you are saying, but then the rest of us like myself go to draw something and it looks like a 4-year-old with a broken arm drew it and there's only like a 25% chance that anyone will even recognize what it is supposed to be, lol.

deep dish peat moss

I'm going through my monthly thing of withdrawing from adderall because my prescription didn't get refilled in time but once I get it back (hopefully tomorrow? unless my doctor forgot to send it in while traveling for the holidays again...) I'm gonna do a bunch of new art :3:

Shifty Nipples

I'm going through my monthly thing of withdrawing from adderall because my prescription didn't get refilled in time but once I get it back (hopefully tomorrow? unless my doctor forgot to send it in while traveling for the holidays again...) I'm gonna do a bunch of new art :3:

It's so annoying when that happens and now everyone is getting sick so my friendly neighborhood walgreens is slow af

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

deep dish peat moss

Yeah, thankfully I've found some ways to deal with the anxiety and the crash from the withdrawal, like kava tea which is a reuptake inhibitor for the same neurotransmitters as Adderall so it helps ease the creeping dread and depression. But I'm still very tired and completely lack focus, and it sucks that this happens almost every month.

I also use walgreens and it's a huge hassle to even call their pharmacy and speak to someone, I feel your pain

Shifty Nipples

oh man yeah trying to call them sucks I usually end up going there to talk to someone in person. the prescription status tracking thing sucks too, has nothing changed for three days because they had to order more pills to fill it or has their system somehow just eaten the prescription they had on file so I have to call and get my doctor to send in a new one lol

deep dish peat moss

With the way my state's law on Adderall works, they have to put me on a list to be investigated if I ever seem agitated when contacting them about my medication, which is difficult sometimes because when I'm like 3 days in on withdrawing because of a shortage or because my doctor forgot to write a prescription while traveling or whatever, I'm agitated and twitchy. But also, I have to contact them every month to have it filled, it never fills on its own and it's never available in their phone system (because adderall prescriptions here can't be written in a "refillable" way and have to be manually submitted every 30 days by the doctor, and they can't be pre-written or written for extra days or written a day early or anything like that which is what causes so many problems).

I at least got a monthly pill calendar thing so I can stop accidentally taking an extra one because I forgot I already took two that day, at least :kiddo: But with the national shortage and delays in filling it every month for the last ~6 months I've been seriously considering switching to an alternative that wouldn't work nearly as well but wouldn't cause a monthly interruption of everything

What's even more frustrating is that brand name adderall is readily available all the time, but it costs around $600/month as opposed to the $30/month I pay for the generic that's never in stock.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 30, 2022

deep dish peat moss

My meds are finally getting refilled in an hour, which is kinda cool because I get them at night which means I can be on a night schedule for a while where I stay up and draw at night when there are no distractions :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
It's about time! This is all interesting to me because as I start my journey into therapy everyone keeps asking me if I've been diagnosed ADHD before

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)