Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Honourable mentions/got bumped: The Rings of Power

10. Dimension 20: A Starstruck Odyssey

It could've gone to any of their campaigns really, the college humor folks have a great thing going with their dungeons and dragons shows. They've managed to tell engaging stories in between the extremely dumb bits.

9. What We Do In The Shadows

I think the latest season was an improvement over the last, where I was beginning to worry that it was beginning to wear out its premise. The payoff for the running property brothers joke was excellent.

8. Defunctland

I'm don't know off the top of my head if they released enough episodes for this to be considered as series, but gently caress it. Just a bunch of deep-dives into shows and properties that I haven't thought about since I was a child. Their Disney channel theme episode is just a genuinely great documentary.

7. Taskmaster

I will never tire of watching comedians making asses of themselves/occasionally being absolute legends.

6. Andor

This is the only Star Wars TV show that I've seen and I was sold on the fact that it's just a well-made genre piece set in space (huge bonus points for not being a barrage of references and cameos). It's just a well told, well acted story.

5. The Bear

I love Anthony Bourdain and his novels, and this did a great job of capturing the sort of chaotic energy I pictured from the kitchens in his writing. Stressful and captivating in equal measure.

4. Severance

What a great, weird show. It was a bit of a slow build for me, but once it got into its groove, I couldn't take my eyes off it. It helps that it's all beautifully shot.

3. Barry

Hoo-boy, what a dark turn this season turned out to be. Still excellent and frequently very funny, but man, some absolute gut punches in there.

2. Station Eleven

Just an extremely beautiful story about people finding purpose and community in the face of societal collapse. A welcome breath of fresh air when everything else is just prepper fantasies.

I will find a way to vote for this next year as well.

1. Atlanta

I was tempted to rank season 3 and 4 separately, with both landing in the top 5 (like 1st and 4th, respectively. Season 3 was probably not exactly what a lot of people were looking for after the long hiatus, but I think a lot of the stand-alone episodes will hold up as some of the best in the series. Of course, season 4 came in and blew down the door with that classic Atlanta flavour.

"Smells like the manager mean as hell" still pops up in my head every time I see a Popeyes.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Updated my list as I got around to finishing The Bear, we'll see if I can get to Reservation Dogs as well.