Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dishonorable mentions which were worse than just average:
Better call Saul: It just went way to far towards the crime drama which I never cared about and neglected the legal drama, which I loved. It also made me feel like Breaking Bad (which I did not like) became mandatory to enjoy the show.
The Peripheral: It felt just so incredibly slow and the main character is pretty much just an observer without a lot of agenda.

Honorable mentions:

20) Evil
This show is just insane in an entertaining way. None of the characters act rational and everything is incredibly stupid.

19) The Orville
Despite the valid criticism, I did enjoy this season. The cast is still great and they really went all out on the SFX budget.

18) Mythic Quest
This show is just really incredibly uneven. I love the team of comedic powerhouse actors. But some episodes are completely forgettable while others are incredibly good. If they were able to keep this standard, it might be my 1.

17) White Lotus
Overall, no a lot happened this season. But the opening theme was just such an incredible banger that I kept hearing that on Youtube on repeat.

16) Extraordinary Atorney Woo
It's very Korean, which in turn is a country of late stage capitalism you usually only see in cyberpunk. The main casts happens to be some of the very few attorneys who care about the little people and the cases are usually silly. I'm still not sure if the way they present autism is offensive or not.

15) Severance
It was okay. But I just didn't feel the hype.

14) Undone
A nice conclusion to the first part and Rosa Salazar is great. But I hardly remember this show.

13 Reacher
The charm of the main actor absolutely carried this otherwise stupid show.

12 Ms Marvel
It was a fun romp through the marvel world and the main actress is such an adorable dork, but the main villains just kind of sucked.

11 Primal
(Baring one special episode) Probably the best show which has no dialogue. Some great fight scenes.

Now for the actual list:

10 Our Flag Means Death
I watched the first episode on a whim and only after a while I remembered that this guy was in Assassins Creed black flag and was actually based on a real person. It's a cute show about breaking your boundaries and having massive midlife crises.

9 Reboot
The cast is great and there were some genuinely funny moments in there. But it mostly felt quite heartfelt.

8 Reservation Dogs
I watched through that series when I was on pain medication and could barely do anything else, so I might judge it higher than it deserves, but it gave me a nice feeling that the future might look better after some struggle.

7 The Afterparty
I loved how they played around with all of those genres.

6 The Bear
The start was a bit boring and the finale was a weird surprise which honestly doesn't make a lot of sense. But the episode before that was absolutely incredibly and cemented my opinion that I would never want to work in a kitchen.

5 Peacemaker
John Cena can provoke some real emotions. That guy is great. The rest of the casts were cool too. Especially the cop lady.

4 Welcome to Wrexham
It's a glorious documentary, not about the owners or the sport or so much the club itself, but about the people and their personal relationship with sport. I am not even a football fan, but that documentary is highly recommended.

3 She-Hulk
This show just really gets marvel comics. It's pretty much what I imagined a She-Hulk TV series would be like when it was announced a few years back. Jen Walters is a near perfect adaption.

2 Search Party
In it's final season this show does what it always did and pulls the rug away from under you. I assumed that would happen, but I was genuinely surprised and amazed where it went. If you told me the end of season 5 even after I watched the ridiculousness of season 4 I don't think I would have believed you.

1 Barry
The creators of this show have an incredible understanding for well-shot action scenes and comedic timing. The only way to improve it would be to set it in a New York bakery.

Some shows I watched and found okay in no particular order other than the one I just remembered them by after writing the rest of this, but some people may like them, so I at least list them to demonstrate that I consider them worse than the rest:

The Resort, Atlanta, For All Mankind, Only Murders in the Building, Rick and Morty, Stranger Things, Harley Quinn, Yellowjackets, Slow Horses, Upload, Stargirl, Resident Alien, The Boys, Kevin can gently caress Himself, The Flight Attendant, The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window, The Rehearsal, Fleishman Is In Trouble, Murderville, Killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man I completely forgot about Sprung. That show was great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Oasx posted:

It felt a lot like My Name is Earl 2.0, but I did enjoy it.

Why is that a "but"?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Have fun with that. Looking forward to reading through all of this in the morning.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This list was great. Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately everyone forgot Search Party already. Miss that show.