Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
As always I don't nearly watch that much TV so my list is a combination of pro wrestling, anime, youtube series, and shows that I may have followed mostly through TVIV threads or osmosis

10 Moon Knight (Disney+)
Spoiler for those who know me; all the MCU shows I watched this year will be in this list. Moon Knight was a fun romp since it tickles my love of Egyptian Mythology and a really good performance from Oscar Isaac. Even if it may not be the most sensitive portrayl of DID, I think Isaac treats it well and those really good mannerisms to differentiate the different aspects.

9 Prehistoric Planet (Apple)
This is now the gold standard of paleontology documentaries, treating dinosaurs like actual animals and giving into a little bit of speculation that isn't too far fetched (which is honestly needed since bones can only tell so much of a story); the CGI is really good, and David Attenborough is always a treat

8 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean (Netflix)
I'm a Jojo mark so had to put it here; really happy to see this finally complete even if Netflix killed all the interest in Jojo online by binge releasing the 1st batch and then waiting 9 months to release the rest. We were given a satisfying conclusion that feels like a nice tie to the bow of the anime series since we debuted Phantom Blood in 2012. Now give me Steel Ball Run before we all die from climate change!

7 Ms. Marvel (Disney+)
Will say, not the biggest fan of Kamala's power changes from the comics, but I get it. The actress who plays her is perfect as if she was ripped out of the comics to the real world. Feel the show did a good job with the depiction of Muslim American life and also always good to point out how evil the British Empire was.

6 AEW Dynamite (TBS)
There has been a lot of blood spilt both metaphorically about coverage of AEW from fans in PSP and literal in the amount of buckets Jon Moxley gave. I think people really over exaggerated the valleys in quality of AEW for 2022. Yes there were lulls, yes CM Punk acted like an rear end in a top hat (and hopefully he'll come back to the fold), yes Forbidden Door build was eh and killed a lot of momentum for AEW to build it's own shows. This is still the best wrestling show on the planet and nothing is going to change my mind.

5 Enjoy Wrestling (Youtube)
Full disclosure, over the year became friends with the owners and also use my podcast to sponsor their shows. Enjoy is a promotion in Pittsburgh that prides itself in introducing wrestling to everyone. Basically the owners and the talent wanted to make shows that would make their non-wrestling fan friends into wrestling fans. What Enjoy also does is provide an inclusive space and does stuff that should honestly be common place like having wrestlers/talent pronouns in the chyrons when they are introduced on screen. It also helps that every show has banger matches to boot!

4 Defunctland (youtube)
After the Disney Channel Theme episode I had to put this show on my list, it was probably already going up after the Garfield's Nightmare episode since that got a local pop from me since that is from my local amusement park on a ride that I actually rode. (No i didn't submit an email to Kevin). Kevin Perjurer has shown himself to be one of the best storytellers on youtube and honestly beyond that. I highly recommend checking his 2022 content, the guy puts a ton of work and it is reflected in the quality.

3 She-Hulk Attorney At Law (Disney+)
Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law is one of my favorite shows of all time, this scratches that itch and then some. Taking the MCU in a different direction and having a lot of fun with it while being really true to the She-Hulk comics. Also anything that pisses off incel nerds is good by my book.

2 The Sandman (Netflix
This show is a miracle, while I greatly prefer the audiobook series (which has a bonkers cast and released the Third Act in the Fall); to see something I have a particular reverence for get made in a TV show medium was gratifying after a lot of people showing skepticism after how American Gods went. Here's hoping now that they can film without the restrictions of COVID-19 lockdowns the show will be even better! And hopefully it doesn't fall from grace like American Gods did!

1 Better Call Saul (AMC)
What can be said? Crazy how this show has come from that first season thinking we were getting to the Saul fireworks factory in season 2; Bob Odenkirk deserves all the awards (guy nearly died on set!); Rhea Seehorn too!

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Changed my number 9 to Prehistoric Planet since some goons reminded me that came out in 2022; also getting a kick of people putting in League of their Own since when I've gone through my old hometown to see the fam or do errands I noticed that the community college baseball field got turned into the baseball field from the movie only to find out that was where they filmed the show lol