Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
This year I watched a lot more TV than usual. I stopped at the end of the year and focused more on reading, but was still able to get a lot of good shows watched.

First, off, honorable mentions.

Station Eleven
This was an absolutely fantastic show, but I put it at the top of my list last year. Being so long ago, I feel that it belongs more on my list from last year, in order to leave space for other great shows from this year.
We Own This City
Great show. Not as addictive as some other shows out there, and not as amazing as The Wire, but still great.
House of the Dragon
It wasn’t as good as the first season of Game of Thrones, obviously, but a lot of that magic was there. It was by no means amazing, but still fun.

Now for my official top ten.

10. Our Flag Means Death
A slow start, but this show ended up with a lot of love. If Taika Waititi touches something it just turns out good.

9. Abbot Elementary
There’s not one thing in particular that makes me love this show, but all the pieces come together to make something wholesome.

8. Atlanta
I haven’t finished season 4 yet, but from what I’ve seen so far Atlanta is as witty as ever.

7. The Bear
Short and quick, but a hell of a show. Who knew so much anxiety could be packed into 30 minutes. A great ending as well. We will see if they capture the same magic in season 2.

6. Andor
Star Wars that didn’t suck. After Kenobi and The Book of Boba Fett, I wasn’t sure I would even give this a try, but I’m glad I did. Very depressing at times, but uplifting as well.

5. From
The parallels to Lost are real. I even shouted “No Michael!” a few times. The mysteries are wonky and fun as hell. If they don’t get answered I won’t be too upset. The ride itself is fun enough.

4. The Rehearsal
I’m not sure if Nathan Fielder is a genius, deeply disturbed, or both. I can’t even describe this show to people when they ask what it is about. All I know is that it’s golden.

3. Better Call Saul
A fitting ending to the saga. I am not sure if I liked the present-day Saul bits as much as others, but it was still a fantastic show.

2. Reservation Dogs
Season 2 had just as much heart as season 1. There were some down episodes, but getting a more personal look at some of the lesser characters was also fun. If you haven’t watched this show yet, do it now.

1. Severance
What a surprise. Wow. I usually don’t watch shows as they come out, but Severance had to be watched the moment it dropped. I haven’t been this invested in a show in years. There were so many little parts that just stuck with me as I watched, and every episode revealed more of the cracks in the system. Amazing.

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Chairman Capone posted:

How to with John Wilson aired entirely in 2021, with the finale on December 31. I think it aired 11:00-11:30 PM EST, so just under the line, even!

Had a lot of good memories for our New Year's Eve with friends, and coming home late and topping it all off with watching the How To finale as our welcoming in 2022.

January first my time then so I guess that was why I was confused. Good to know.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Caught up on Abbott Elementary and updated my list since voting had been extended.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Thanks again for this year! Happy to see Severance took the top spot.