Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
It's always a bit of a realisation that I watch way too much TV when I make these lists.

The good and the bad, alphabetically

Avenue 5 Ok. More of the same.
Beavis and Butthead An excellent revival. Great to see old friends again.
Cobra Kai Barely worth watching any more. Has fallen from great heights to a bit of a slog.
For All Mankind Big fan of this show, this series had more filler, I felt, but still pretty decent.
Hacks Not very funny for a show about a comedian and a comedy writer. Not too terrible, either.
Irma Vep A swing and a miss. The female lead lacks the charisma to pull off her role. Would have preferred a documentary on the source material.
Kimetsu no Yaiba An anime show that actually has characters who have to take time to train, rest and recover from battles. Pretty cool.
Made For Love Full disclosure, I love Cristin Milioti. I'll watch anything with her in it, and this show really fit her. Pretty sad it got cancelled.
Ms Marvel Not for me. Some Marvel shows are clearly just setups to get the overarching narrative from point A to B, and this show struggles to be more than that.
Never Have I Ever Bit of a gimmick show, but I like it, even though there is some teenage drama crap to struggle through.
Obi-Wan One of the worst things to air. Somehow watched the whole pilot and dropped it from there.
Only Murders in the Building Charming and entertaining, which is a relief because with that cast and setup it might just as well be insufferable.
Under the Banner of Heaven Dark and heavy, well written and acted. Very good.
Reboot Saw it said somewhere else that every aspect of this show has been done better by other shows, and that's right. Not a lot to offer, but doesn't overstay its welcome, either.
Resident Alien Basically a live action invader Zim but too cringy for me.
Rick and Morty This show disappeared up its own rear end a while back.
Russian Doll Completely superfluous follow-up to a barely worthwhile first series
Severance Fairly run-off-the-mill speculative fiction, mildly entertaining and interesting. Shout out to some incredible acting by Walken and Torturro.
She-Hulk Went in with some expectations, didn't expect to be so baffled by its inability to even tell a story, let alone convey some authenticity. The bad CGI was honestly the least of its problems.
Stargirl This show is getting a bit better with every series, which is great for a superhero show, and a DC show at that.
Station 11 Not so much Hamlet as Much Ado About Nothing. Boring to mildly interesting.
Strange New Worlds More NuTrek crap. Slightly less crap than the other recent live action shows.
Stranger Things Well this show went to poo poo. Breaking up the story and cast was a really bad idea.
The Afterparty Gimmick show. Turns out ok, though it's all matter and little content.
The Book of Bobba Fett After the Mandalorian, another very enjoyable Star Wars series proving that you can actually make something in this setting that isn't absolute crap
The Boys A more stagnant series than before, feels like the focus is more on quantity then quality of episodes.
The Flight Attendant A sad attempt to make something more of a mediocre first series.
The Resort More Cristin Milioti stuck in strange versions of reality. Entertaining watch, but nothing that'll stick.
This is going to hurt Couldn't get through the first episode. Too cringy.
Undone Second series didn't really seem necessary to me.
Warrior Nun First series was barely a guilty pleasure, this is just bad and boring.
Wednesday Fine. Didn't feel like an Addams Family show, more like some fanfic someone dressed up in Addams Family IP.
What We Do in the Shadows Still runs great on its gags and characters, but found the narrative for this series flawed, backwards.
White Lotus Slightly disappointed in the final two episodes, but still managed to be an entertaining watch.
Yellowjackets Couldn't finish it, felt it was trying to be too visceral and edgy and not trying to tell a good story.

The best, ranked

20 Upload Enjoyable sci-fi murder mystery show
19 Letterkenny Series 11, still going strong
18 Moon Knight Pretty enjoyable MCU show.
17 Solar Opposites The more enjoyable Justin Roiland show. Has a great subplot, The Wall.
16 Cabinet of Curiosities Pretty good, well told and shot, made me miss Lovecraft Country.
15 The Marvelous Ms Maisel This show still has a lot going for it, even if it doesn't always find its footing anymore
14 Willow Pretty great, pleasantly surprised by this.
13 Snowpiercer Still love this show, fascinating setting and entertaining characters.
12 Wellington Paranormal Great NZ comedy. Unabashedly silly.
11 The Outlaws Very enjoyable Brit comedy with and by Stephen Merchant. Christopher Walken steals the show, however.
10 Shoresy A great spin-off to Letterkenny with Jared Keeso digging into the thing he actually loves, ice hockey
9 Inside no 9 Every series of this show is absolutely brilliant. Don't know where these guys keep getting their stuff from.
8 Slow Horses Very enjoyable Brit detective show
7 Peacemaker Did not see this coming, great and entertaining show.
6 Barry Still an incredible show, don't know how Hader keeps pulling this off.
5 Andor I enjoyed Andor a lot, mainly because it allowed me to breathe in its reality, to lose myself in its story and world building. Very relaxing, very enjoyable.
4 P-Valley Great show with great characters, and the first show to air a series which actually adresses the pandemic, and does so really well.
3 Our Flag Means Death Beautiful and brilliant, loved every minute of it.
2 The Bear Gripping and intense, one of the few shows I actually rewatched after finishing it.
1 Atlanta This is not a show. This is a work of art.

I know the comments don't amount to much but I'm very tired and very ill so yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

gently caress I totally forgot Derry Girls

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Amazing work man thanks