Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If an annual tropical storm or a winter blizzard presents any passing danger to the residents below, it deserves to be named after notable dwarfish nobility like Nuratarlun Forgebender or Dhugroth Wyverncloak, not a fuckin labrador retriever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ugh, gonna be -35F tonight here.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
My power keeps going out and I don’t like that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nuts and Gum posted:

My power keeps going out and I don’t like that.

My furnace died when it was like -20F a few years ago. I was a bit scared but I called a local heating & cooling place and they hooked me up with 3 industrial sized heaters (like a a small end table) for a day or two while they got the new furnace in. I talk up that company a whole lot because they kept me alive for a bit.

I hope you have something to stay warm. :ohdear:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

gently caress this cold weather. Freezing my hands off over here

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
It's going from a rainy 56 degrees on Friday to low 20s on Saturday. Statewide ice skating rink for everyone!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

LordAdakos posted:

I'm going to be cold for the next couple of days. This is the impact of this weather event on me, personally. Please send warm thoughts and prayers because I chose to live in a poo poo state that is cold and grey.

I won't be taking any further questions. Thanks!

in solidarity i will be cold with you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Misread the thread title as Sam Elliot

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My furnace died when it was like -20F a few years ago. I was a bit scared but I called a local heating & cooling place and they hooked me up with 3 industrial sized heaters (like a a small end table) for a day or two while they got the new furnace in. I talk up that company a whole lot because they kept me alive for a bit.

I hope you have something to stay warm. :ohdear:

drat, that was pretty decent of them! Luckily it came back on already, hoping it stays up.
A few weeks ago it was out overnight, funny how every 10 minutes id think ‘I should watch…oh wait’.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a little power station that I bought for camping at the beginning of the year (didn't go camping this year :() and it was useful when my power went out this summer. I was able to keep this laptop going while connected to my phone hotspot and continue shitposting until the power came back on. It's small, like the size of a mini boombox. Or I guess a car battery.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I don't know ow how worried about this I should be, but thankfully I came up with a good litmus test.

Does anyone know if Ted Cruz is still in the country?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
It was -32F when I woke up this morning. Without wind chill.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm stressing about this poo poo just because we're supposed to get to about 0F with 40MPH sustained winds. I just hope my loving power stays on so I don't freeze.

I can shovel snow, I dunno what I do if the power goes out other than like hope I can find somewhere to stay with my family and animals and also drain all the pipes.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

goatface posted:

Post pretty pictures of your frozen hellscapes, tia.

Couple of days ago:

There's a 10-15ft drift out there now, but I ain't going out to take a picture of it.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Das Boo posted:

Couple of days ago:

There's a 10-15ft drift out there now, but I ain't going out to take a picture of it.

Coward. Take the pic.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDQgHQer9U&t=43s

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I legit love winter.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cyril Sneer posted:

I legit love winter.

yup. and snow is one of the best parts

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
It's a cold one out there. Whew

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yup. and snow is one of the best parts

Snow is the ONLY good part about winter. I can do snowshoeing and XC-skiing. Snow has been pretty rare here the past few years though. At least not enough to do anything.

gently caress the cold. -50F loving sucks.

Also the sun setting at 4:17pm just drives me insane.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:suspense:

Gotta say, as much as I sorta/kinda detest SoCal, it has its perks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I spent about 3 months in San Diego from April to June a while back and the weather was perfect. A bit cold at night but the temp was basically what my dad set the thermostat at year round.

Well he was stingy so he had it a bit lower but it was always like 72F and sunny today!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i prefer the cold as well, actually

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Just go inside if it's cold

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i prefer the cold as well, actually

Who the gently caress likes -50F weather? You are insane.

That's -45C for you foreign weirdos.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Remember all, if you adopt a yeti, you haven't just adopted if for the storm, you've adopted it for life!

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Got down to -62 C with the windchill in beautiful Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan last night, and I had to boost my car in it.

There's no explaining what it's like to walk maybe 50 feet from your office to your car and lose all feeling in your hands despite wearing mitts and then have to fumble around with a booster pack, even for five minutes.

The cold is bad, the pain later on is ungodly.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Looks like the storm’s gonna miss Nova Scotia. That’s just as well. We have a third world power infrastructure here.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Bit of a dud

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just googled "the frozen tundra" and this was one of the first things that popped up.

Can't get Wisconsinites away from football.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

nom epique posted:

Bit of a dud

Why are you quoting your dating app profile?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It’s gonna be about 25° tomorrow morning when I go to the gym and I might die because of the cold

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

acejackson42 posted:

Got down to -62 C with the windchill in beautiful Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan last night, and I had to boost my car in it.

There's no explaining what it's like to walk maybe 50 feet from your office to your car and lose all feeling in your hands despite wearing mitts and then have to fumble around with a booster pack, even for five minutes.

The cold is bad, the pain later on is ungodly.

I was wondering how bad it could be being someone who has only experienced a few degrees below zero at the coldest. People are always like "heat is worse, you can't always take off more clothes" but jesus christ I'd much prefer stepping out into 120 degree weather like i get during the summer in the desert compared to having your hands instantly freeze inside mitts. That sounds horrible stay safe cold goons.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ask anyone if I care about Winter Storm Elliott they will tell you that I don't.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Its just windy and rainy here in east TN right now. The snow dong was misleading

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dixville posted:

Its just windy and rainy here in east TN right now. The snow dong was misleading

Ask them down there if I care about Winter Storm Elliott, they will tell you I don't.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Ask them down there if I care about Winter Storm Elliott, they will tell you I don't.

I just want my snow dong :( is that so much to ask??

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i only got one snow???

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Dixville posted:

I was wondering how bad it could be being someone who has only experienced a few degrees below zero at the coldest. People are always like "heat is worse, you can't always take off more clothes" but jesus christ I'd much prefer stepping out into 120 degree weather like i get during the summer in the desert compared to having your hands instantly freeze inside mitts. That sounds horrible stay safe cold goons.

I have no idea how someone who has never experienced this could cope if they were dropped into it instantly. It's been brutal for a week here, and I'm Canadian, we accustom quickly to brutal cold, but this has just been beyond the pale. When you're getting into frostbite inside of a minute territory, it's not even safe to go outside.

Seriously, from my first post to now, my fingers are still tingling from that B.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The local media in Portland were preparing us for an epic battle with every Norse god but there's just a thin layer of frost

The wind chill is 4° though which is pretty low