Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Voting B. Escann as well and following with great interest!

I really think goons would enjoy a Rogeria or Adenica game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
B

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Chapter 0.5: The Country
Well now, it seems as if we’re going to be building our own country in Escann! There’s a bunch of really fun and interesting countries and mechanics in this region, so I’m looking forward to it. Not that there was a wrong choice for the region. So here are our choices for which country we shall try to make from the ashes of the old Escann:

A. Esthil
Among the adventurers who went to fight the good fight, the Order of the Iron Scepter is special. Rogue Mages who reject the Magisterium (the Mage governing body) and the limits they put on magic. As Esthil, they will use Necromancy to raise an army of the dead and develop Necronomic theory. And perhaps more…

B. Rogieria
Rogier Silmuna, last known descendant of the now fallen Silmuna dynasty that ruled over the Kingdom of Dameria and were often Emperors of Anbennar, led loyal retainers in Escann where they helped save the world. Childless, he has nonetheless found a kinsman in the half-orc Lothane Bluetusk, his nephew and loyal retainer to Corin. Rogier and later Lothane’s son also named Rogier, will attempt to create a new Damerian kingdom in Escann: Rogieria.

C. Ravenmarch
The vampire-haunted kingdom of Corvuria found itself with too many landless nobles and sent them to fight against the orcs. Now that the war is over, these nobles are intent to settle these new lands for themselves. And maybe deal with the vampire threat back home…

D. Marrhold
The isolated Kingdom of Marrhold survived the Greentide by staying in their mountains. Notable for being a human nation occupying an abandoned Dwarven Hold that they have made their capital, and for a tradition of using Griffons for their mounts. The current heir led a band of Griffon Knights alongside Corin, and is not as isolationist as his ancestors. Will Marrhold reclaim the land now that it is the only surviving kingdom in the region?

E. Blademarches
The legendary sword known as the Gleaming Blade, Calindal, was the symbol of the ruler of the lost kingdom of Blademarches. The blade was used as a trial for the heirs to the Kingdom, as they needed to be able to draw the blade without being blinded. The blade is now kept by the Order of Bladekeeper, and any adventurer who could wield the blade could restore this kingdom. In fact, ANYONE non-monstrous could do so, so you could see an orc-led Blademarches.

F. Elikhand
Another strange group to help during the Greentide are the New Wanderers. Originally from Ketherata and led by a powerful mage, they now settle in a land very different from their own. Ketherata is somewhat Egypt-themed, and their Religion is Kethism, where they follow the teachings of immortal divine beings known as the Khet.

G. Barumand
There are three orc nations that can be founded in Escann, but this one has the biggest and most recent Mission tree. The Orcs of Barumand settle down and learn the ways of agriculture to survive in a post-Dookanson world. They also learn to play the game of politics, creating a landsmeet.

There are a couple more interesting and fun nations to play in this region, but I have to make some hard choices or I’d just list them all. I’ll leave the poll up until the 26th since I got family parties for the next two days.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A

Let's do some wizard poo poo.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
C.

Sharpen the stakes and ready the torches!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I can't choose... Forbidden necromancy magic or Egyptian like gods named Khets?

A or F if I can double vote :)

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
G. orc time best time

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
B

Time to form the Kingdom Of Jeff.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I am following this thread, I saw my friends playing Anbennar but I never really understood what's so fun in this mod. This LP can and hopefully will change my mind.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
G

Farmin' Orcs!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Szarrukin posted:

I am following this thread, I saw my friends playing Anbennar but I never really understood what's so fun in this mod. This LP can and hopefully will change my mind.

To be honest if you're not a fan of following mission trees strictly then you probably wouldn't like playing Anbennar very much.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
OrGs

Sybot
Nov 8, 2009
A. We're already in a ruined wasteland, perfect for getting our zombie horde going.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

To be honest if you're not a fan of following mission trees strictly then you probably wouldn't like playing Anbennar very much.

My friend makes fun of me for following the Mission Trees too much. To be fair, always clicking the missions as soon as possible has caused me trouble! Don't do it for Nuugdan Tsarai, for example.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
F, so we won't become traitorous Corinites

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I just did a Barumand run that fell apart with I got gangbanged by Great Conquerers in every major adventurer nation. So, G.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

D

I like griffons

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
G

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

B

https://youtu.be/t-YYGiwdmbM

For Roger!

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
A. Necromancy isn't evil, just misunderstood! Or so my necromancer buddies tell me, anyway.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
G

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

B for maximum empire restoration!

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
It might be best to turn off the Great Conquerors.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
G, because your claim to Escann isn't any less legitimate than that of the adventurer rabble! Ignore Marrhold and the Count's League.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

It might be best to turn off the Great Conquerors.

Oh I’m not turning it on. Like I said I’m decent at the game, not amazing!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I vote B because I don't care enough about the Silmunas to ever play it myself but I'm interested enough in the concept to see what it's like.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
G BARU MAND! BARU MAND! MORE FAMMA!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

G. DA ORKZ RULE IN ESCANN!!!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

G
orkz

megane
Jun 20, 2008

G for orcriculture.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
G.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
F. Come on, these guys are ancient egyptian adventurers, that's awesome.

Yuiiut
Jul 3, 2022

I've got something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows: I'm not wearing a tie at all.
I support aGricultural development as the path to inter-species harmony

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Going for D for Griffons!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

D for air superiority. Also, all citizens are required to wear fake beards, even if they already have beards.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Yuiiut posted:

I support aGricultural development as the path to inter-species harmony

Barumand is one of the mission trees I've never played (because I can only go through the early adventuring phase of Escann every so often) and I am very much hoping for some orcish agro-communes.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
A) it's always a good time to use necromancy. Who cares if our armies are slow if we simply get so many that we can form a wall along the entire border?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A for Arcana

Backup vote is D so we can start the delving early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
B I don't think non-Abennar folks realize that Rogieria is the nation of mandatory orc-GF's and state sponsored miscegenation, the truly most glorious state, and can either go for becoming Emperor of Anbennar or unite all of Escann as Castanor.

You get a permanent super dynasty founded by a super badass who is also the descendant of Luthane Bluetusk (the orc leader) and one of the few who didn't sell out his family. Is it also canon that he may be the child of Corin through Lothane as well?