Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Hellioning posted:

Most Dwarven Gameplay in this game is A) digging deeply and greedily, and B) finding out what happens when you do that.

Unless you play Hammerhome, and maybe the colonial dwarves. Anbennar is very big.

Also very serious, as evidenced by the ability to start the game as Maxug "the Mad" of the Roadwarrior clan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Xerophyte posted:

Also very serious, as evidenced by the ability to start the game as Maxug "the Mad" of the Roadwarrior clan.

Or as I like to call it "The paint-cleaner playthrough."

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Oh yeah, the roadwarriors? They gain the amazing ability to render the entire underground permanently uncolonizable terrain.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Hellioning posted:

Most Dwarven Gameplay in this game is A) digging deeply and greedily, and B) finding out what happens when you do that.

DIg Deep and Find Out

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
The real question in Anbennar is not whether you can dig too deep and too greedily, it's which ancient evil you'll manage to run afoul of first.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Quorum posted:

The real question in Anbennar is not whether you can dig too deep and too greedily, it's which ancient evil you'll manage to run afoul of first.

Also: do you play as the ancient evil you just unleased?

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

Also: do you play as the ancient evil you just unleased?

Yes.

Also, the deepest lore of Anbennar is that Angry Elven Incel who wanted to gently caress his niece is the reason for almost everything bad.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Fivemarks posted:

Yes.

Also, the deepest lore of Anbennar is that Angry Elven Incel who wanted to gently caress his niece is the reason for almost everything bad.

I'd complain about spoilers but we're not doing Shatterred Crown.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Working on the update, the deck is really stacked against the Orcs at the start: it's 80% warscore for one province from Marrhold!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Working on the update, the deck is really stacked against the Orcs at the start: it's 80% warscore for one province from Marrhold!

Oh yeah, that's a new-ish temporary modifier that applies to adventurers, orcs, and goblins in Escann, multiplying the war score cost of provinces by like 500%. Meant to encourage you to take tribal land instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Quorum posted:

Oh yeah, that's a new-ish temporary modifier that applies to adventurers, orcs, and goblins in Escann, multiplying the war score cost of provinces by like 500%. Meant to encourage you to take tribal land instead.

Yup, I beat up my goblin and orc neighbors instead.

Played up to 1462 or so, gotta trawl through the footage for cool screenshots.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:f5:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I wouldn't expect any updates for the next 16 hours, sadly :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah I was wondering how anyone manages to flourish as an Escann Orc, i'm hoping to take notes from your updates!!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah I was wondering how anyone manages to flourish as an Escann Orc, i'm hoping to take notes from your updates!!

From my experience, it mostly involves rushing mil tech and pressing the +20 morale +40 shock damage button repeatedly. Very curious if these more peaceful Orcs can do some coexisting in the Escann Thunderdome.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Chapter 2: Ghûrad's Dream

They added some nice images to the loading screen, alongside interesting pieces of lore. The Lore seems randomized and doesn't always fit the pictures though.

Ghûrad Heartgrinder has a dream. He has survived the great battle against Corin, led his people tor elative safety, and in his old age has started thinking of building a country. Something that will last and not just crush and pillage. He has learned how to read and has been studying the ways of the orc's enemies, and is tolerant of those who do not follow the ways of Dookan, which has led to the shamans branding him a sinner. He does not mind, he is thinking of something greater. The great prize is Marrhold: built long-ago by the hated dwarves, it is now in the hands of a decadent human kingdom. But to claim it, Heartgrinder will have to change and grow first.

The Dookansfall is still fresh in the minds of our population, we will need to lead well to rekindle their morale.

We start by settling the province of Willowmore, with it's iron deposit. A primitive mine (aka no special buildings) is set up to help make weapons for our troops.

This also gives us a human minority in our realm. As we conquer human territories it should grow, but for now it is quite small. Fun side-note, the image used here is that of Corin.

Our alliance with the Bladebreaker clan has led to a Royal Marriage, and we have a new Queen! Voltga Bladebreaker is an administrative and military genius (5!) but is completely incompetent at diplomacy, not helped by her tendency to blab about everything. Still, her qualities outweights her faults.

Having built up an army to our Force Limit (a soft cap on how many troops you can have, it costs exponentially more money if you go above it) we can complete this mission, giving us a nice amount of money. We use this money immediately to:

Our settlement in Willowmore grows, and with it we can more easily fulfill our need for weapons. This also spells the times where we start our first campaigns. To build a strong country we must make a show of force!

We start by attacking the small goblin camp of Groundhawk. Honestly they don't really stand a chance: Goblin military have some nasty penalties and their bonuses don't really help until the midgame. Unfortunately, a fairly nasty orc event occurs during this war.

Since orc society respects trength above all, there is a tradition of strong orcs challenging the leader for rulership. We can choose to step down, with some NASTY negative modifiers, or we can roll the dice and accept the challenge. If not using Ironman mode I highly suggest saving and reloading until your leader wins. Sure, it's cheating, but I'm not gonna tell anyone.

You really want to win the fight not just to dodge the bad consequences, but look at these bonuses! This is some good poo poo right there. It even permanently increases one of our ruler's stats! Note the bonus to the loyalty of the Tribes Estate: our current government does not actually have estates yet, so it does nothing for now.

We also get this event. Part of the Europa Universalis 4 gameplay is deciding how to deal with the various random events the game throws your way, having to eithe rmake though chocies or sometimes just live with bad luck. In this case I go with option 1 as I feel it better reflects the country we want to create.

We pillage the Groundhawk capital, netting us some good plunder but also raising the morale of our armies significantly for the next 25 years. It seems our mission to motivate our people after the loss of Dookan is starting to work!

We take some money and tribal lands from Groundhawk, as well as War Reparations (they will give us 10% of their income for 10 years) and we completely Humiliate them. Why take the time to humiliate our vanquished foe? Well, time to introduce another EU4 Mechanic!

Introduced in one of EU4's many dlcs were the Ages. There are four different ages, of roughly 100 years each (the switch happens after an event not a date), each with their own mechanics. Anbennar has reworked the four Ages to better fit it's world. So we start in the Age of the Greentide instead of the Age of Discovery. Each Age has multiple missions you can accomplish. When you accomplish three or more of these missions, you can trigger a Golden Age with some powerful bonuses that lasts for 50 eyars. Depending on the country this will be harder or easier at certain ages. We're probably gonna be able to do it in the second Age. You can only get one Golden Age per game. Also, you can something called Splendor based on your number of fulfilled objectives, and everytime you hit 800 SPlendor you can choose one of that Age's special bonuses, which lasts until the next Age begins.

Here's our current rate. As you can see it's gonna take a while to get there.

The money we gained by pillaging Groundhawk helps kickstart some basic industry in our capital.

I also use our new War Chest to fund our armies.

With our recent show of force, we forge a second alliance: with the Bloodgorger clan. Honestly I haven't managed to get my allies to help in a war yet, but it does make enemies think twice before attacking.

Continuing our aggressive policies, we attack our rival orc clan, the Clouded Eyes. I don't particularly want their tribal lands, but I'll take their money.

This also completes the mission Orcish War, giving a very ncie combat bonus that unfortunately doesn't last that long. The falor text: "It's not because we fought together under Dookan that's we're friends!"

Clouded Eye is easily defeated. Instead of humiliating them I take their trade power: more money will flow our way.

We get a half-orc tolerance event. As long as we have racial minority pops in our country we will get these random events. Sometimes, like this one, it won't give us a choice but often we will get a choice between being more accepting or less accepting of that race. We can set a focus on a race to make events pertaining to that race show up more often. If the thread wants to I could put a focus on half-orcs, or humans or goblins.

Unfortunately, on the 21 of Silversight (fourth month of the year in the Anbennarian calendar) 1451, at the age of 64, Ghûrad Heartgrinder dies, leaving Queen Voltga to rule since his heir, Norsko Heartgrinder, is too young to rule. He leaves his dream to the next generation...

Voltga wastes no time and stabilize the clan's situation, asserting her own rule so that Heartgrinder remains united.

Completing the advances that the scholarly Ghûrad had begun, the Heartgrinder Armies upgrade to Late Medieval technology. Aside from upgrading the Morale of our units, it also enables drilling: outside you can drill your armies to build up bonuses and build a stat called Professionalism that reflects how, well, professional your army is. It can be useful during long stretches of peace. And thanks to our truces with our monstrous neighbors and the adventurer alliances and federation still being too strong for us, we're gonna be at peace at while.

Voltga calls upon the Shamans to help recruit a larger host (one of the most costly Religious Power of Great Dookan religion). She doesn't want to give up Ghûrad goal of eventually conquering Marrhold.

This completes the Aftermath of the Greentide mission, giving us a larger Force Limit. We can have up to 17 troops without penalty now!

With this larger army, we can set up Raiding Parties. This hurts our diplomatic reputation, but as we've established Diplomacy is Voltga's weak point. And you can always use more money.

In this case we use the money to build a Longhouse. Natives have special buildings that have really good bonuses but unfortunately are destroyed when reforming the country. This building gives us a nice boost to our government reform speed, helping us a lot.

Here's another tolerance event, one we're gonna see fairly often. When other countries expel or purge a race that you accept, they'll seek refuge in your lands. You can accept them for tolerance bonuses, tax them for a tolerance malus and some money or refuse them. In either of the first two choices you get more of that race in a province, maybe some free development and province autonomy (a vanilla EU4 mechanic, each province has a rating of autonomy that goes from 0 to 100% and modifies how much you get out of that province). Fun fact though is that your main race will always be at max tolerance, so when orcs flee in your orc country you can tax them with no penalties: it's free real estate!

Something funny happens in that we get a new Prince-Consort thanks to our alliances, but he almost immediately dies. I guess he wasn't strong enough for Queen Voltga!

This is where I make a big mistake. I notice that Marrhold is garanteeing the independance of Dogeater, a small orc clan near us. Now Dogeater is also allied to Bloodgorger so I'd have to fight our ally, but that's a way to fight Marrhold without bringing in their Adventurer allies.

I even call on the shamans to grant our armies strength! (I swear I thought I'd also captured the bonuses in that screenshot, but oops. I can tell you though, they're quite good!). We fairly easily dispatch Bloodgorger and I simply make a white peace with them since I want to Ally them again as soon as the war is over.

We also get to Administrative Technology level 3 during this war. This enables us to build Mage Towers! Except we can only build native buildings for now. Admin Tech 4 is the big one anyway, it gives us... IDEAS...

The war lasts four years, from 1458 to 1462. It is costly in money and troops. And thanks to Escanni modifiers, we can't even get one emasly province out of the deal. We do break one of Marrholds alliances, so not a complete loss?

Tired and demoralized, I accept the peace offer from Dogeater. Man, so much pain for nothing. Except wait, what's this?

Our victory over Marrhold and Dogeater has apprently given us enough Prestige to finally complete this mission! Now, this mission by itself doesn't do much, but it lets us complete the next one in the tree...

This mission was mentionned earlier as one that gives us really good Tribal Development. We need to have two allies, which is easily done once I repair my Alliance with Bloodgorger.

Furthermore, during the War I hit Tier 2 of Government Reforms, thanks to our Longhouse and the various missiosn that give Government Reform Progress. I chose Solidarity Within the Clan, which gives Tribal Dev growth and makes settling cheaper. So even though we didn't gain anything materially from the war, it helped kickstart our development and we'll be able to settle our Tribal Land and build up our country now!

This is where things stand for now in 1462.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sorry if it sometimes takes a while between updates, this is my first lp. I'm learnding!

Gonna try for an update a week.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell yeah get that gold

Could we get a zoomed out "the state of the region" screenshot?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nice! Excited to see where this goes.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

seems like a good start, but im gonna need far more blood to be satiated

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Hell yeah get that gold

Could we get a zoomed out "the state of the region" screenshot?

Sure, I'll take one at the start of next update.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

We do break one of Marrholds alliances, so not a complete loss?

Its usually better early game to just leave them with small allies like Raven Banner than break them since they are always going to find someone else to take those diplo slots before you declare on them again and it'll probably be someone larger.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Played until 1485 and became quite big: update during the week!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Chapter 3: The Age of Power

The tip to surviving as an orc is Escann is really to complete as many missions as possible to stack those buffs. Thanks to the couple we managed to complete last time after our otherwise pointless war against Dogeater-but-actually-Marrhold, we're well placed to go into a period of growth to prepare for bigger campaigns down the line.

We start by hiring a Goblin advisor for half price (thanks to a tolerance event, good stuff). Voltga recognizes ability over race!

We quickly settle another province, giving us enough to complete this mission. This makes settling provinces even cheaper! We're gonna spread fast and claim this land before those dirty adventurers can steal it from us.

Because the halfling adventurer group Small Fellows have hired a orc advisor, we get an event to pursue a more friendly diplomatic strategy with them. Nice, but thanks to monstrous diplomatic penalties this isn't gonna help us much.

We're making good money now so we hire a full advisor court. These guys are also cheap thanks to events. Voltga also found herself a new husband, hopefully this one won't immediately die like the previous one.

Since we got a missionary advisor, we start converting our Goblin provinces to the glory of Dookan. You get penalties when your country had religious disunity after all.

Oh neat! We get this pretty great event that gives us a free building in our province of Lover's Quarrel! Sometimes EU4 just gives you stuff for free. Other times it completely screws you over.

We keep settling more tribal lands, letting raise a brand new generation of warriors! Soon all of Escann will see we are not to be trifled with!

And this new generation of warriors will be led by experienced generals, survivors of the Greentide.

We also reach an Admin Technology level of 4! We could build Temples if we weren't native!

Thanks to inter-marriages with one of our allies we see both our capitals grow.

We've built up our armies even stronger than before, it is now time to go on the warpath again! The goblins of Groundhawk would be much safer as part of the Heartgrinder clan after all, with the neighboring adventurers ready to pounce on them. We're doing them a service, in a way.

This completes the mission Conflicts with Adventurers, despite us fighting Goblins. The reason is that the mission only checks the Casus Belli, not the enemy type, and we can use the Monstrous Conquest CB on anyone. Exploits!

While we are crushing our enemies, we hit the BAse of Operations mission. Pixiebury is every growing!

We ge tour first Age ability! I choose free War Taxes, giving us more money for free when at war! See, War Taxes are a toggle yu can put in to lower the cost of your armies while at war at the cost of Military Monarch points. This ability makes that cost 0.

This is a vanilla event. We can try to use fire to help our provinces be more productive, by if we're unlucky the fire will burn out of control.

Hehehe, I'm so smart. See, I got our ally to join in this war by promising them land, but they can't actually annex any of the land of our enemies! So when I don't give them any land in the peace deal, they won't be angry! Surely using this strategy won't bite me in the rear end later on.

We fully annex Groundhawk, for their protection of course. This goblin tribe is now completely part of our kingdom.

In fact, at this point we're doing so well that we king of arrogantly name this "The Age of Power".

Our military keeps mdoernizing, keeping up with the adventurers surrounding us.

Orcish refugess keep fleeing from the adventurer countries persecuting them, and we recive them (and their money).

Our ally is getting attacked by Corintar! This particular adventurer group is led by Lothane Bluetusk, a half-orc who fought alongside Corin (and some say was her lover). We cannot stand by while our brethren are under attack!

...but we can take time to do some Legal Reforms while at war? Sure why not.

Maybe because of this, our people are calling for a change in leadership. They want Voltga to appoint a new, more war-like chief in her place. Now, since Voltga has good Military stats I'd tell them no, but look at who the people want to put in charge. A true Gigachad with two stats at 6! Takra ascends the throne.

Takra, who is Just, even lets Norsko stay as heir. Poor Norsko, didn't get to inherit when he came of age and now a younger guy is taking over before he does.

Our ally makes peace with the Corintar agressor. Since we did most of the fighting for them, we get a big chunk of money.

Since we have enough provinces with them as the main culture, we can finally accept the Forest Goblins as part of our Empire. Greenskins have to stick together.

All this warring and building has given us a pretty good economy. We invest in some buildings, starting with some defenses for our Capital. Earthworks might not be as good as a Castle, but it's better than nothing.

Pixiebury keeps growing, soon enough it will be a real city!

We now turn our eyes west to the Federation of the Order of the Ashen Rose and the Gallant Friends. They have no allies other than each other, making them small prey. We call on our Bladebreaker allies promising them land that they once again won't be able to claim. Hehe, I'm so clever.

This time I get the bonuses on the screenshot. It's a RAAAAAGH, not a WAAAAAAGH.

AXE STRONG' BULLET WEAK! Despite our enemies having in theory advanced armies, thanks our numbers and morale they don't stand a chance.

As you can see, Bladebreaker doesn't want the only provinces I can give them. So I can take everything for myself without penalties! In this case I take the province of Bladeskeep, where the legendary sword Calindal rests.

OH NO! I've screwed myself. My ally has sieged these provinces I wanted but will not give them to me so I can't claim them in the peace deal. If I had claims on these provinces he would give them to me, but I don't bothe rmaking claims since Monstrous Conquest doesn't need it! Another thing I could have done is mark these provinces as provinces of interest in one of EU4's many submenus, but...

As you can see, you can't do that while at war. I did the classic "I'm a genius!" "Oh no!"

So I simply bleed Gallant Friends dry of their money. At least I got Bladeskeep from their Ally.

I get this neat event I hadn't seen before. Cultural exchange!

I start building Great Trails since we need of them for a Mission. In any case, you can never have too much manpower!

I decide to enact a Focus on Humans, since we got a big province with humans. This will be good longterm as we conquer more human provinces, and also the thread really wanted half-orcs. *waggles eyebrows*

Meanwhile in the Deepwoods the Emerald Orcs have formed the nation of Tugund-Darakh. The Deepwoods are msyterious and supposedly ruled by the Fey, and these Emerald Orcs of which know next to nothing seems to have betrayed Dookan for Fey-worship. They might prove to be a problem later on.

A fun thing with Tribal Development is that once you run out of tribal lands to settle, you can invest in already settled province to boost their development. In this case I settle in Bladeskeep to raise it's development above 20. The reason?

Also thanks to our human province we now have enough Feudalism in our nation that we can embrace it! Institutions are kinda weird in that they spawn at key points in the timeline and slowly spread across the land, and when it's spread enough in your country you can embrace it by paying money. Very abstract. On the map you can see how much Feudalism there is in our region. THe Renaissance has also been around for a while but we're not near being able to embrace it.

One of the drawbacks of being behind on institutions is that it quickly makes technologicla advancements extremely expensive. See these red modifiers next to the various technologies? Add 50% to get the modifiers pre-embracing Feudalism!

Thanks to lowering the penalty we can reach Diplo Tech 4 and Military Tech 6. We truly remain a warrior nation.

Bladebreaker is asking us to help in their conquest of Count's League. Since they helped us twice without getting anything in return and helping our allies grow is helpful, we accept.

This is getting too easy.

The year is now 1479 and one of our Mission-based buffs has now timed out. We have to lower our number of troops or we're gonna bankrupt our government. I shed a tear as I seed a bunch of young orcs to an early retirement.

We've been preparing for years at this point. We've been building up favors with our orc allies. Growing our armies. Learning. We're now ready. It is time to conquer Marrhold.

We reach the Tier 3 of our Government Reforms. I chose Religious Society to deal with our human province we have not yet converted to Great Dookan. I could do it, but it would be slow and expensive, and there might be anothe rpath we could take...
On the right you can see the ongoing war. This one won't be easy like the previous ones!

Our ally Bloodgorger is quickly defeated by our enemies. Have we bitten off more can we can chew?
Also on the left you can see just how expensive it would be to convert Bladeskeep. That price is per month!

Making matters worse, the Corintari have a War Wizard leading their armies! War Wizards are incredibly powerful. In a normal game it is impossible to have stats above 6 but this one has a Shock stat of 8! Almsot any army we could field against them would get destroyed in magicla fire. So we dodge the general and focus on sieging down the capital of Corintar, hoping to peace them out. We can probably deal with Marrhold and the Cobalt Company afterward.

As we starve the Corintari civilians, our Chief is now known as the Benevolent. I guess he treats his people REALLY well.

Our weapon makers discover cannons! Now we won't have the time or money or force limit to deploy any during this war, but this is going to be amazing for the next war!

After taking their capital we manage to convince Corinar to bow out of the war. This is basically a white peace. We gained nothing.

To make things worse, Bladebreaker is also defeated. We are now alone against Marrhold and their ally the Cobalt Company. But I know we can do this. We persevere.

Our civilians discover some basic financial instruments. It seems like the war economy has made merchants of our population.

To win this war, we attempt a tactical gambit. We employ mercenaries, the monstrous rabble, to harass our enemies fighting in or near our homeland, while our main army attacks the Cobalt Company on the other side of the lake.

We get an even about the progressive professionalization of our armies. We can choose tradition or professionalism, two military stats that both give different bonuses.

Finally! Admin Tech 5 is one you want as early as possible in EU4, as it gives you a powerful bonus: your first Idea Group. Ideas are a method of customizing your country in Eu4, as you choose different idea groups to invest in as you go through a game. Each country also have their own national ideas that unlock for each 3 ideas you have purchased. While some idea groups are considered Meta and The Best, I personally prefer to go with ones that synergize well with my nation's ideas. I like buff stacking. For now though, we don't have access to Barumandi National Ideas yet, we have the generic Orc ones.

Our gambit pays off! With the Cobalt Companyd efeated, it's only us and Marrhold and they are exhausted.

With our main army returned and the only surviving Marrhold soldiers holded up in Marrhold itself, we stop paying for the Monstrous Rabble. They did their job.

Here's one of the Human Tolerance event, where they can use their humanness to build your cities.
You can also see the battle screen on the bottom left corner as I defeat Marrhold's last army.

We are victorious! After all this time we have begun our conquest of Marrhold. We can only take three provinces, but that's only the beginning.

And it seems like the Renaissance is present in one of thos eprovinces we took! We're gonna need it to spread a bit more before we can embrace it, but this is really good. We're not savages!

VAE VICTIS! We have enough human provinces to complete a couple of Missions now, including this one. I swear we're gonna get better when we form Barumand.

Another Mission is that we now have enough fur producing provicnes that we can set up a real fur industry.

Here's how things stand in Escann in 1485. We seem to be the biggest nation around. Two of the adventurers have formed their own nations: Covenblad and Newshire. Thankfully on the other side of the great lake from us, we won't have to deal with their shenanigans for now. We've also conquered enough territory that we could form Barumand if all the other pre-requisites are met. We have embraced Feudalism, leaving us two other requirements:
1. Reach Administrative technology 8 OR no longer be of Great Dookan religion
2. No longer have a Tribal government.

I've been working on the second one by building many Longhouses. We're already at Government Reform tier 3 and at Tier 5 we'll get to switch to a Monarchy, Republic or Theocracy.
The first one though brings me to our next thread votes:

Do we stay as Great Dookan? By converting to anothe religion, such as the Regent Court religion of the nearby adventurers, we can form Barumand earlier. However, we will most likely have to change religion anyway further down the line to one that doesn't exist yet due to Barumand's mission tree. This I can go either way.

What idea group to take? We've unlocked our first idea group! Since we're very much in advance on our military science, we're gonna take a Military Idea group. But which one? I'm barring Naval to stop you guys from trolling me (:P), so here are the choices we have right now:
Aristocratic: Somewhat Cavarly focused with some authority modifiers.
Offensive: Attack Focused.
Defensive: Defense Focused.
Quality: Having the best army quality.
Quantity: Having a huge army.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I don't really have an excuse for the delay, I just had zero energy last week.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

If we're gonna have to change religions anyways we might as well change now. As for Ideas I say Offensive

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Stay as Great Dookan until you can go Corinite. No sense in changing religion twice. Seconding the awkwardly-named Offensive Ideas.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Update, yay! I'd would not change religion and go Quantity ideas, that seems the Orc way.

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Voting to wait to change religion to the as-yet unnamed one gained from forming Barumand. For ideas, Aristocratic.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Stay Great Dookan. I've no idea what other religion we can switch to later but that... whatever it is, isn't properly orcy. I think.

Ours is a nation of sophistication like top hats, monocles, canes and tusk gloves. Aristocratic ideas.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Poil posted:

Stay Great Dookan. I've no idea what other religion we can switch to later but that... whatever it is, isn't properly orcy. I think.

Ours is a nation of sophistication like top hats, monocles, canes and tusk gloves. Aristocratic ideas.

gently caress yeah, this

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Poil posted:

:emptyquote:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stay Great Dookan, and QUANTITY, if there's one thing the orcish military is good at it's having lots of orcs and we should double down on that. Greentide, motherfuckers

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

once you allow the thought of orcs in top hats into your head it does not allow for any other thoughts to take it's place, that's just science

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These are premodern aristocrats. No top hats, just wigs

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Stay Great Dookan for now and everyone knows Quantity is the orkiest of ideas.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jay Rust posted:

These are premodern aristocrats. No top hats, just wigs

An orcs reach must exceed his grasp, else what's heaven for

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Hold off on changing religions.

I'm going to go against expectations and vote quality. Each orc should strive to be the finest warrior, the finest soldier, that they can be. Our armies should be able to defeat enemies ten times their number, because we're just that badass.

And if we get large armies as well due to whatever horde-type bonuses we get from being orcs, well that just means we have big, badass armies.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jay Rust posted:

Stay Great Dookan, and QUANTITY, if there's one thing the orcish military is good at it's having lots of orcs and we should double down on that. Greentide, motherfuckers

Greentide! A musket for every orc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sybot
Nov 8, 2009
Stay Great Dookan. The hassle of changing is probably not worth it.

Quantity. If we're going to be agricultural orcs, then we can funnel all that food into an ever bigger army.