Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

would if they were just shaped that way, would if they had mice inside, just as long as they're eatin mice

Guys always thinking about the Roman Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_edible_dormouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they gotta have strawberry jam in the middle

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they gotta have strawberry jam in the middle

Pretty sure it's whatever is in this bowl, which looks good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/8143ZRj.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/rCbDgeN.mp4

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I’m always on the lookout for an incredibly long and girthy magic stick.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

I’m always on the lookout for an incredibly long and girthy magic stick.

text me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Can I get one cooked?

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

THIS time, Germany has gone TOO far.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A sad a taco

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Love going to north europe 2 order south american cuisine. I also go to the deepest of the Amazon to find the tribe that makes the authentic Wienerschnitzel

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
sentinel island is where they have the good chicken nuggets

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

The Alchemist posted:

Love going to north europe 2 order south american cuisine. I also go to the deepest of the Amazon to find the tribe that makes the authentic Wienerschnitzel

you can get the world's best doner in germany, the problem is that there's no mexicans in germany, about. there's too rich a country too close to mexico for economic immigrants to go anywhere else

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

the problem is that there's no mexicans in germany

I had the same thought one time when a texmex restaurant in Mannheim wished me a happy new anus.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If only I could get some good sentinelese right now.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Aw man

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Had some nachos like this in japan, everything about them was wrong somehow. But each of the 10 or so chips had the toppings individually applied, which was nice. Also it was overpriced af cause it was at some bar. I've also been to some actual mexican restaurants in japan and they had a very small basket of chips and salsa already at the table when you get seated, and they won't refill them.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

The Alchemist posted:

Going to this other country and complaining at its failure to replicate the practices of your home is making an effort to adapt

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Can I get one cooked?

That's a smoked duck breast, it's not my favorite way to do duck but it's duck so it's good.

you can get the world's best doner in germany, the problem is that there's no mexicans in germany, about. there's too rich a country too close to mexico for economic immigrants to go anywhere else

After leaving the US I thought there should be some sort of UN program to pay for taco trucks and distribute Mexican chefs around the world. Like what Thailand does.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

After leaving the US I thought there should be some sort of UN program to pay for taco trucks and distribute Mexican chefs around the world. Like what Thailand does.

thailand does this to do export-led growth to various countries. but mexico's neighbor is too easy to get to and trade with for them, and too rich, to want to diversify enormously (like, 80% of their foreign trade is with the us), so...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

thailand does this to do export-led growth to various countries. but mexico's neighbor is too easy to get to and trade with for them, and too rich, to want to diversify enormously (like, 80% of their foreign trade is with the us), so...

If Trumps get into power, have him deport the Mexicans to Europe

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Kharnifex posted:

Incredible, would love to gross out people while eating those.

They kinda just gross me out because there's a lot of dough relative to filling and you've got that big dry tail noodle that'll be wriggling around in your mouth as you process the rest of the dumpling.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Grand Fromage posted:

That's a smoked duck breast, it's not my favorite way to do duck but it's duck so it's good.

This has given me the amazing mental picture of air dropping clandestine taco trucks into areas to influence the population like the jeans smugglers of the late stages of the Soviet Union.

Someone get Hollywood on the line, I've got a story to pitch

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SlothfulCobra posted:

They kinda just gross me out because there's a lot of dough relative to filling and you've got that big dry tail noodle that'll be wriggling around in your mouth as you process the rest of the dumpling.

You can use the tail to hold the dumping while you dunk it in some sauce

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

are those loving corn nuts. is spain / portugals food that different from hispanic food? i just assumed it was sort of similar but obviously not identical. like irc alot of hispanic food uses pre columbian exchange items but instead of corn and peppers its idk something else

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

snergle posted:

are those loving corn nuts. is spain / portugals food that different from hispanic food? i just assumed it was sort of similar but obviously not identical. like irc alot of hispanic food uses pre columbian exchange items but instead of corn and peppers its idk something else

you would think so, but no, they're not that similar. they were racist colonialists and the main colonialism happened before cheap globalization, they didn't import much food from the colonies

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 3, 2024

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The Alchemist posted:

ironically the best non-german place for german food is probably somewhere in chile or argentina

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

mobby_6kl posted:

If Trumps get into power, have him deport the Mexicans to Europe

Give us your tacos, your tamales, your huddled masses of food yearning to breathe free

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

snergle posted:

It's pretty different. A lot of Mexican food is the original native food + these pigs and rice whitey brought over are pretty tasty. Iberia got new ingredients but didn't import much in the way of techniques.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Grand Fromage posted:

It's pretty different. A lot of Mexican food is the original native food + these pigs and rice whitey brought over are pretty tasty. Iberia got new ingredients but didn't import much in the way of techniques.

I think the pigs are not something whitey brought considering that there are native 30-50 wild hogs in the Americas

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hernando de soto introduced em, i dunno what you're talking about

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

bunnyofdoom posted:

I think the pigs are not something whitey brought considering that there are native 30-50 wild hogs in the Americas

Feral hogs in the US are an invasive species brought from Europe. The closest thing to native pigs are peccaries which are definitely piglike but a fraction of the size and less aggressive toward humans. Pre-Columbian Mesoamericans raised them for food but pigs were just better for raising in quantity, so presumably ancient Mexican food would have something porklike along with turkey as domesticated protein sources.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

I got it, don't worry

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Grand Fromage posted:

Thailand does taco trucks?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thailand sends diplomats out to get visas for thai chefs in order to do culinary diplomacy by selling thai food to peeps

it works better than 99% of all other cack-handed soft power things

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It helps that Thai food is absolutely delicious

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Away all Goats posted:

It helps that Thai food is absolutely delicious

they made sure we got the real thing instead of bastardized extra mild pace taco sauce / general tso style stuff from organically popularizing it and i bless them for it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
some aspect of it was from them copying the americans doing it with coca-cola and mcdonalds. if you wanna copy a soft power campaign, the americans are the only ones you can seriously copy from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Or just be poor but European; see late 19th century southern Italy and the global spread of pizza.