Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Finnish street food is pretty western general fare but in here they show muikut, basically whole small fishes that are breaded and fried and something you can get at markets and fairs and the like. I prefer makkaraperunat myself being someone who doesn't like fish much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtF40z1gFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

loving ew

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

That sure is some dark oil.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Kenning posted:

I would loving wreck this.

Imagining forums poster Kenning running up and turning over the cart and destroying everything for the poor vendor.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Smugworth posted:

There's a whole subreddit for this gimmicky junk called r/wewantplates

Lots of restaurants put food on shovels for some reason, I don't get it

Late stage capitalism is my guess.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I would like to know how to make said wrap at home. Like the bread itself I mean, what's it called, need recipes.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Interesting that that's a hard thing to find for some. Here you can find those in every store. I actually like to chop them up into cubes and toss them in with a batch of fries in the deep fryer.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Issaries posted:

All countries are foreign to someone.
looks delicious.

edit:
Now I wonder if the Meetwursti (Finnish Salami) would work similarly?

Nah I don't think that's the right kind of sausage, it's real salty, strongly flavored and fatty, meant to be used sparingly. I can't imagine just eating a big chunk of that.

Use a lauantaimakkara or sininen lenkki.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

VictualSquid posted:

It looks like Yufka, it is simplified to normal no-yeast flatbread. To get it to actually look like that you need a special oven.

I wonder if a baking steel would help.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

It's pretty repulsive if that is what it is.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Non Compos Mentis posted:

not fish, tiny live pastriesparasites

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Coke has a pretty evil role it's playing in Mexico as well.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Smugworth posted:

those pancakes are thick with three c's

crepes are better

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Looks like the american version of a karelian pasty with egg butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I first read of this in an old web comic, where it was called the chupaqueso.