Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Wrong.

This is the best Ramly Burger in Ampang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDfoj7unlN8&t=492s

Stop trying to create drama about the Ampang Ramly Burgers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

mobby_6kl posted:

Well excuse me if I have strong opinions on Ramly burgers in Ampang!

Oh I get it; tempers always run high when the question of where to get the best Ramly Burger in Ampang comes up.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I wish I wasn't afraid of pressure cookers, because that pilaf(?) looks amazingly good

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

VictualSquid posted:

What or who are Ayam Ikan and Lembu?

Google tells me they are Chicken, fish, and beef.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CO8QF7F.mp4

There wasn't a video of the result :(

The pleating of the edge says this person knows what they are doing, but the lack of holes to let the steam out bothers me greatly.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Roundup Ready posted:

gently caress I want a gyro now

I need a gyro.
I'm lookin' out for a gyro at the end of the night

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Are those boiled, stuffed rhino knobs or what?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

VictualSquid posted:

An overview of (north) German Christmas street foods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYf0jzFdeo

The swerve from wholesome treats to WTAF at the 10 minute mark was quite something.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Oh hell, it's fresh mackerel?
Absolutely would. The best fish I ever had was fried mackerel that I had caught myself about 30 minutes earlier.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My only complaint about mackerel is that if you fry it indoors, you will be smelling mackerel for days.
It's 100% perfect food for camping or boating holidays though.

Now I want some beautiful, fresh mackerel for my supper :(

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This thread has just reminded me that for a brief period about 5 years ago an extremely boring Irish supermarket chain carried frozen lahmacun. They were very tasty and I was sad when they vanished.
I've never seen them anywhere else, not even in the local middle eastern/South Asian food shops.

I want lahmacun!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Nice!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Even nicer!

And now I know how to pronounce it properly, which is a bonus :)

Pookah fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 24, 2024

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Just remembered that time many years ago when my family was visiting someone, and they offered to make popcorn.
I got to watch a full grown adult pop a few kernels at a time in a frying pan. His mind was completely blown by a demonstration of popcorn-making in a lidded saucepan

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I can only imagine how good that smells, all those curry leaves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

When I was in my late teens, I worked as a waitress in an Indian/Pakistani restaurant in Ireland. One of the fun features of the week was curry base making day - once a week, the owner and all the non-irish* staff would get together to make an absolutely enormous pot of hugely onion-based multi purpose "curry sauce".
The pot was about 2 feet across and 4 feet tall, and it was FULL.

*I only say this because the only lads that roped in to curry making were either Indian or Pakistani