Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I am seriously to shy to actually take a video of someone preparing my street food.
But, have a stock photo of some very white streetfood (mustard cucumbers):

And a bad picture of Langos's German relatives (the one on the left is mislabled it is an Auszogner (stretched thing):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Back in the old home town of Munich, and planning a short Street food journey.
Leading to my mother going on a long rant on how you can't find sour lung and almost any other intestine based food at the street stores these days here. Though at least my favourite liver soup is still being served.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

The cow vagina channel also has videos on eyeball stir-fry. And a new balut video a few days ago. The balut seems actually popular with the locals. The eyes and vag seems to be aimed at tourists.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Smugworth posted:

I want some of those al pastor tacos, but I have to wonder what the health code would look like for one of those in the US. Seems like a nightmare.

Are they raw in the center? Is the out side the only part getting cooked at any given time, while the inside sits at unsafe/ideal temperatures for bacteria growth? Or are they fully cooked then put on the roasting spindle for the carmelization? Is the internal temperature 145+ degrees?

Traditionally the meat should be raw and freshly stacked after marinating. If you work cheaper you get it delivered frozen with the stick included.
If you don't have low traffic you put on a stick in the morning and throw the rest away in the evening. Unless you are really confident that no inspectors are nearby.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

I agree I don’t need all the narration, but I wish it would at least have occasional subtitles saying what the names of things are, what the green paste is, etc. It’s too interesting, I have questions!

That looks like korean on the store sign. So those are all variants of sugar.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What are those?

Cafteria/Aldi grade gyros/kebap:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I feel like I should buy a food machete.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Would but his fold technique at the end is garbage. Also lol at his haunted look in the first frame
It says:
"Ah another tourist filming my cooking for his Instagram clicks, and he will probably get 100 times the views that my own book review channel does."

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Amazing, I am going to repost it in the NWS thread.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Did he put the shrimp skewers including skewers into that? How are you supposed to eat those? Or is that some hitman movie?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Valko posted:

Likely a free range egg. Not technically free range (which qualifies as 4 square feet where I'm from) but actually allowed to run about.

I've kept chickens and there is a world of difference between eggs from a free range hen and the eggs you get at the supermarket. Such as a darker, almost orange yolk.

I remember there was an interview with a Japanese farmer who produces luxury eggs with famously dark yolks. He does that by mixing paprika into the chicken feed.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

He wasn't more protective of his secret?

I remember the secret being out for years already when that interview happened.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

That channel is 90% terrible, but that one series is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwdgXeJj_AM
They got their pot in 1567, but most times they use a smaller pot they got in 1613.
The volunteer who climbs down into the pot to get the food out with a bucket wears shoe coverings that are cleaned before each meal.

Delicious, probably even unironically.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

I would like to know how to make said wrap at home. Like the bread itself I mean, what's it called, need recipes.

It looks like Yufka, it is simplified to normal no-yeast flatbread. To get it to actually look like that you need a special oven.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

You can buy big Bologna for fairly cheap even in places where you usually can't find Bologna. That one is 2.5kg:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

A traditional hangover cure seems more like "for strong stomach" then "for people with strong stomach"

Probably the freshest streetfood.Not for me.

And I would eat that egg burger. Though simplifying it to make cooking one portion efficient, it looks more like an omelette with ground meat filling.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I saw that before, without the commentary track. I did not want to know that the white stuff was mayonnaise.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I have no idea what that defective buttplug thing could be.
But, I suppose there is nothing that doesn't taste great after being fried in that much butter.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

The berg could be some kind of of overfloured meatloaf. I once bought pre made meatballs from Aldi and the inside looked similar.

Though based on the way it falls apart when warmed it also could be some kind of pre-prepared pulse mush. Not something that I would put on a burger but a surprisingly useful meal prep item.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I am friendskewers.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

How sad when people can't afford real fried sand worms.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

What or who are Ayam Ikan and Lembu?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

"Diet"? More like die of it.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I have heard that in some regions there are street fests that don't serve langos. I really can't believe it.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

it should be cream cheese instead of sourcream

It is Schmand actually, in this case.
And for people who haven't tried langos, it is doughnut like dough and deep fried. With schmand or something and lots of garlic, cheese optional.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

In a Real German Kebap the sauce gets squirted onto the meat, not on the bun.
Otherwise it looks like most of the german kebap stands on my "mediocre, do not visit again" list. And the heavily pressed bread style is going out of fashion again already, which is good as I never liked it.

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 5, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Get those rings streched:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXVoDYclfw

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I feel like that needs a loop of the first parts, where he reinflates the thing.

Also those black things looked like mushroom filling to me, and I have no interest in finding out otherwise.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Are those very small mice or is it a big bucket of soup?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I went out for some very white street food:

And a stretched ring for desert:

Also 8,90€ for a bowl of sour lung. Prices are going crazy.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Missed a train connection in Aschaffenburg Germany and went for some late night street food while waiting. Saw this sign right outside the station. But it looked a bit to filling for me right now.

Ordered some surprisingly delicious and attrociously greasy pide instead.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Putting the sand on the sandworm.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

An overview of (north) German Christmas street foods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYf0jzFdeo

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Man, I love mackerel. That looks delicious, though I agree it needs some kind of sauce.

Great technique on the spine removal, too. I wonder if that is a request thing, where you can choose with or without.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/vX4iIYS.mp4

Munich, Germany

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 28, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Pookah posted:

This thread has just reminded me that for a brief period about 5 years ago an extremely boring Irish supermarket chain carried frozen lahmacun. They were very tasty and I was sad when they vanished.
I've never seen them anywhere else, not even in the local middle eastern/South Asian food shops.

I want lahmacun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HTa64s8RK8

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Is that the machine that made the extreme panini ban-mi from earlier?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Caught one of those sauce fans in the wild. I went into that kebap booth, and he had lots of sauces as choices. When I asked what he would use himself, he said he puts on all of them. "Delicious, I make them myself".

Anyway the thing was also massively overfilled, with delicious baked vegs and mushrooms as a bonus. Bread was meh though, I will order dürüm instead next time.

Next to it on the street, selling food, was an egg machine.:

Big container, had to walk around it.

Came back later for a better picture:

So yeah, you can pick up eggs, honey and canned blood sausage at night when the store is closed. Normal supermarket behind it sells the same stuff a bit cheaper, though.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Nameless Pete posted:

How do the eggs not completely explode after dropping from the top shelf?

No idea. I was tempted to buy one to test it. But I prefer to buy smaller cartons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Big batches is a great series. That one is an old one though, they got newer ones. Thanks for reminding me to check.

Some are even eaten on the street. The exavator is lubricated with butter to make it food save.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9ajckLr90