Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqeETj4d9s
indian street food game is top tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Futanari Damacy posted:

Is it Singapore or Malaysia that will imprison you if they find drugs in your system?

Both countries. They also have the death sentence for people caught with a certain amount of them. Penalties for being caught with a quantity below this amount can amount from caning to life imprisonment. though Malaysia's prison sentence is up to 10 years, depending

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Samovar posted:

...why the three bell peppers, tho?

When the dish is made on a smaller scale, it sometimes includes bell peppers cut into rings or squares on the skewer. Maybe it's a throwback to that.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

That thing looks like something a stereotypical devil would be wielding to torment folks with

zone
Dec 6, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

West Slavdom is pretty much terrible for street food, but my favorite thing ever is to find balkan food stands and ask them for variations on banitsa/ баница / burek. a few years back, i was in ochrid, macedonia for new year's and i found a place that did "pizza" banitsa, which is one of the top 5 best hungover choices i've ever made in my life:

This stuff looks legit, drat

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I could eat a whole pile of these

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azf8mcaYlV0

zone
Dec 6, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm glad that quesabirria and korean corn dogs have become popular enough that I can get them in California. And dosa too, but thats been around for awhile

Tbf dosas are easy enough to make, they just take a while to prep for and to ferment the batter. A good masala dosa is one of my favorite breakfasts, with sambhar and chutneys.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

that's really smart. props to the person who thought of it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Didn't Weird Al do an entire bunch of covers that revolved around food of various descriptions? I know I remember one about rocky road

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Oh yeah, Fat was great too.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAfEDeT21DY

zone
Dec 6, 2016

it's a cup cake, geddit?
but still, why go to all that trouble when you could just probably do a better looking assembly job in the glass to start with?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

https://i.imgur.com/VJUkuOQ.mp4

not sure how I feel about bulgogi with mozzarella and ranch dressing and more ranch dressing and french fries and kimchi

tbh that's too much ranch for me

zone
Dec 6, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

that bun looks awesome, way too much wet white goo tho.

ssamjang would probably have been a tastier option to put on rather than ranch.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Karma Comedian posted:

Why do some of you hate fries on sandwiches?

In this case there's just too much of it stuffed in.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Never liked these. onion pakoras are tastier anyway.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Futanari Damacy posted:

There's not a lot to that one, is there?

When making these usually, they're made with vegetables cut into small pieces. The whole fried pepper or large chili is just a gimmick eat.

onion pakodas made this way are much better though. But they gotta have not too much batter on.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

JackBandit posted:

One of my favorite food memories was going to my Indian friends house in high school and his mom frying up different squash flowers for us in that batter for a snack. I make them sometimes now with zucchini flowers from my garden but my white skin makes me terrible at figuring out the right spice blend for the batter, so I usually dress them up with ricotta and put them in a salad.

I mean in most cases those are served here with just a bit of chili powder and some salt, but you can add basically any spices you want to those and it'd taste good. If you don't want to spice up the batter by itself you can always toast and grind your favorites to powder and sprinkle it on top before eating

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

That's India so I don't think catupiry but I'm holding out hope it's still a cream cheese despite having seen mayo in 1000 videos and cream cheese in 0

Unfortunately it was probably mayo. Cream cheese is rarely used even if cream cheese of a sort is available in most supermarkets. And either way, the supermarket stuff is pretty bad. I'd never recommend it to anyone, certainly.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Fartington Butts posted:

Can anyone make out what the kindling/giant almond slivers are that he puts in after the peppers?

Can't be sure because it's not too clear/doesn't stay on very long but it looks like either boiled potato or some other starchy root cut up into vertical slices. At first I even thought they looked like banana flowers, but looking closer they bear no resemblance to them.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I've seen some dumbass ideas before but cornflakes in a bun with random chutneys?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Beastie posted:

Is this the Indian equivalent of that magician couple in Vegas who serve ice cream and cereal out of their toilet because it drives people nuts and gets clicks?
No joke one of the dumbest ideas I've seen was one food stall that prided themselves on making "sandwiches without bread." Did whichever genius that came up with that idea to sell his slop ever hear of salads before? And yeah, a lot of the most "original" ideas you see on street food stalls these days are the kind of thing that brings in the clicks rather than anything that actually tastes good, or god forbid, is healthy for you.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

That's a lot of butter being used for the finishing, almost Iskenderun kebap level, god drat

zone
Dec 6, 2016

That's legit one of the most loaded baked potatoes I've seen in my whole life, and that's saying something. Does look like something I'd try at least once, though.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vSdpcm9Huw
good stuff, and you can make em yourself at home too, they're that easy

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Soul Dentist posted:

I assume because Korea that the filling is sugar based but I'm having a hard time not seeing it as a pocket of something like salty barbecue dry rub that'll puff out like sand when you bite into it

brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, chopped peanuts. Koreans have their own form of barbecue buns though.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
That's legit one of the most nauseating things I've seen in a good while. Dosas weren't meant to be made this way. :barf:

zone
Dec 6, 2016
discount fruit ninja moment

zone
Dec 6, 2016

That's pretty interesting. Looks like split sardines stuffed with a rice dish, almost like a kind of fish pie.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Gath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90gb4RFads

I found this what the christ ramen thing. Ignore the rest.

:barf:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Konar posted:

Almost precise enough for a "there is no unskilled labor" post but they kind of gently caress it up in the last quarter

Not by that much imo

zone
Dec 6, 2016

let's be real, it takes a certain amount of skill and not just stream of consciousness stuff to spew out the kind of bullshit a CEO says on the regular too :colbert:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

RIP

zone
Dec 6, 2016

A bit less, maybe 2/3 of the guacamole, and it'd be perfect imo

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3U-vnPY7Q4
delicious chinese breakfast pancakes

zone
Dec 6, 2016

dude is good.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pyrotoad posted:

Is that just straight glucose being poured over the rice cakes at one point?

That's probably the mullyeot (rice or corn syrup) that's being added. It's part of the recipe, to add sweetness to the dish. Sometimes people just substitute sugar.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
That's one bigass loving baked potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm the fly floating in the rice

They probably don't charge extra for the fly :laugh: