Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

JackBandit posted:

That was a bad one to watch with my wife, we both almost vomited

I think that’s sour cream not mayonnaise if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Beastie posted:

See, this is what I fear if I were to go somewhere and start having all this baller street food. My white rear end stomach would hate it and I'd end up getting sick and missing out.
Ive been to China 4 times, ate everywhere from any source and every single time I was fine while in country.

On two of those wow was the flight home rough. One of them I know it was the ‘Best Squab restaurant in Beijing’, the other is a mystery. Don’t sit near a toilet on a Beijing->US flight.

Also, don’t buy stuff from open 50 yuan bins in the airport, as on that flight I bought an incredibly beautiful bracelet that I later realized was elephant ivory. Somebody dumped there and I could have been imprisoned for a very, very long time if customs noticed. No I don’t have it, don’t SWAT me.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Look how loving pissed he looks, I’d write all kinds of dumb poo poo on the internet to stay on his good side.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Birria chilaquiles, not pizza. Also looks like beef not goat, boo.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

MrQwerty posted:

that's not at all chilaquiles, also where do you live where there's goat on tap
If you live in the US just hit nearby taquerias, something you should be doing anyway. In my experience the taquerias inside grocery stores are more likely to have goat, mutton, etc. Also IMO quality generally higher.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

PainterofCrap posted:

Plus: proper grape soda

Lol out of grape and grapefruit yesterday:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’ve had korean pancakes WITH green onion, but did not know whole green onion pancakes were a thing. Totally making those whole green onion pancakes tomorrow (or soon).

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Away all Goats posted:

Wrapping fried noodles in an egg blanket is genius
Move over French omelette, there’s a new best omelette in town!

Oh, not my town, dang.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Go to the deli counter and ask them to cut you a log to length you specify no problem. This will work in almost any deli counter/butcher shop in America. The hard part will be clearly communicating what you want to the guy with the knife. Alternatively, you can buy the giant log all in one go

It’s a chub not a log. Like your mom’s dildo.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Glottis posted:

I'm reminded of the Mitch Hedberg (I think?) joke about getting Benihana take out. "Did he do all the poo poo?"
I had not heard that joke but goddamn.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Glottis posted:

I feel like raisins would have a much better reputation in the US if they were used in savory foods. That Uzbek food looks tasty as hell.
It’s so goddamn weird how sweet and savory have become so divorced in so many cooking styles, they’re not opposites, they complement each other well!

Off the top of my head the only popular non-dessert American foods that fold them together are General Tzo’s (and other “Chinese” sugar chicken varieties), mall corn dogs, and catsup.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Jesus, a giant pot of like 330f caramel. It’s like oil that sticks to you.

Food looks good though!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I hate those goddamn shells getting stuck in your teeth. Novelty is fun but after that eh. I wish I tried scorpions, but little chance I’ll have somebody lose pay for a mainland China trip again, so it’s probably not gonna happen.

If you’re in areas where that’s popular (guangdon mostly, at least when I was traveling) IMO Drunken Shrimp is both another novelty and tastes a lot better.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
At first I thought those grilled potatoes were grilled pickles, and I was into the idea.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Waste of Breath posted:

They put mayonnaise in the chocolate cake too

Eh that’s just a shortcut either eggs and oil already cooked and emulsified.

But Portillo’s sucks since they were bought out by private equity.

Dipped isn’t even the wettest, try Baptized.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Gutter oil salesmen hate this one trick!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Al pastor on the trompo loving owns, but like kebab you need to do crazy volume to meet US health codes. There a good reason that processed ‘gyro meat’ is a thing, it’s precooked and you have a lot more flexibility. I’m not aware of any such thing for al pastor, they just cook it on the griddle instead.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
There are plenty of red Chinese sauces with chili and sometimes garlic, arguably Sriacha is based on a common one in guangdong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’ve had Drunken Shrimp (live shrimp that was dying in yellow wine) and was pretty good. Apparently the wine also causes them to puke and poo poo out everything, so they don’t need to be cleaned.