Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

StarkingBarfish posted:

Going to set up a 3D printer that uses this as feedstock

Make the nozzle like a heated meat mincer and you could cook and print simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Holy poo poo all of that looks so good.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
There's a new Bangladeshi place in town that does grilled curried mackerel as a specialty and it's absolutely delicious.

Mackerel used to be my fallback poverty food when I worked retail in my 20s. I would ride my bicycle down to the local lighthouse with my cheap rear end combo rod, and cast out a string of feathered hooks, it would only usually take 5 or 6 casts to get dinner. If you were too slow on the retrieve you would get Pollock (flakey but bland) and if you reeled in too quick you would get needlefish (delicious but fiddly).

I used to gut them and stuff them with onion/tomato/butter/paprika/seasoning and then wrap them up tight in foil and bake until flakey.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I remember going to a place, it might have been called Portillos? when we visited Chicago for a wedding. They did an Italian beef sub with 4 levels of gravy, up to and including taking the sandwich in tongs and fully submerging it in the gravy before wrapping. That seemed too far.

They also put an entire slice of heavy chocolate cake into a chocolate thickshake. Wildly decadent place.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Food so thin and light its 2 dimensional

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

TengenNewsEditor posted:

I hope they hotboxed that prawn first

They give the prawns some killer edibles and an adult colouring book a few hours before service starts, by the time he knows what's up he's already a video game texture.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Looks like a puffy Moroccan Medfouna too.

Baking meat into a handheld bread or pastry is pretty universal, probably because it's an obvious thing to try and it's hard not to make it delicious.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Black coffee and a sardine egg strudel in Talinn

It's loving delicious.

(I'm inside but you can get them on the street too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

gently caress I could go for one of those and it's only Sunday morning. Why did the local kebab shop have to close for a refit.

If any goons are in/near/visiting Copenhagen I can strongly recommend Killer Kebab on viktoriagade. One of the best I've had.