Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I kinda hate those street food videos with people showing off or excessive narration. Here's a guy making different types of fish cake with nothing but a knife and a metal rod for 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6qtC-TxIE0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

pork never goes bad posted:

it's cooked to death and mixed/chopped over and over. that's gotta be so dry cooking like that.

They usually add a ton of oil/veggies/sauces so it's usually not too dry. The real problem is what they made isn't Shawarma.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 14, 2023

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I never thought I'd say this about what looks like south Asian food, but that looks bland as hell. Unless they cut out a bunch of other ingredients being poured in.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If you leave out the honey and cinnamon toast crunch and I would eat this

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fanelien posted:

Legitimately looks good, how can anything with butter added at so many points be bad? However I don't get why they flip the whole sandwich, remove the bread then add the meat/cheese? why not put the meat and cheese on the bottom before flipping, flip then add the cabbage on top? Seems like extra work for no gain.

edit: gently caress now my youtube is all food poo poo. now i've got to watch all this.

I think she's doing it to keep the bread warm/toasted since she's working with limited griddle space.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wrapping fried noodles in an egg blanket is genius

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oriental Hugs posted:

Any good street youtubers to watch? I've gone threw a lot of dancing bacons stuff.

Big fan of this channel but its mostly focused on East Asian, especially Korean, street foods
https://www.youtube.com/@ettv2022

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Doner Kebab is truly one of the greatest food innovations in history. Right next to noodles and cheese.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

:hai:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'll take one, but put it as a topping in another, non flat banh mi.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A sad a taco

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It helps that Thai food is absolutely delicious

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Or just be poor but European; see late 19th century southern Italy and the global spread of pizza.

Pizza may have been invented in Italy but its still America that turned it into a global food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I feel like you can stop calling it a sandwich when half the ingredients are outside the bread. I'd still smash that though
:goonsay: