Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Now who has the avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

CommieGIR posted:

Yup. Also remember when they said coding would become a blue collar job?

The powers at be will decide it's a no skill job soon enough

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Now who has the avatar

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbf it's a good avatar

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's no Alf dong

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Once we perfect time travel we will be able to go back in time and pay 80s prices for everything. You know all those fat people on scooters in Walmart? That’s actually us from the future scoring great deals on sorts of poo poo. Time travel makes you super fat, and the farther back you go the harder it gets to move. Eventually your time travel scooter tips over and you get stuck in the 60s or 70s. :tinfoil:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Cool dude alert

:cool:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It is cool!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Private Cumshoe posted:

The powers at be will decide it's a no skill job soon enough

They won't if they like actual functional applications.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

I'd rather donate plasma. I'm not actually poor per se, I just chose a career that was enjoyable and fulfilling, but not, you know, monetarily. The plasma selling isn't to make ends meet or anything, it's just to get some easy spare cash. So, not desperate enough to code yet.

how much they pay these days? It was $25/$45 when i did it like 5 years ago

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if the plasma centers are conveniently located to you, they're a pretty good source of guilt-free fun money (or critical funds to pay bills, w/e). I used to be able to squeeze out enough plasma in like 25 minutes, after screening and all that you're in and out in under an hour

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

not everyone knows about frozen grapes yet. maybe set up a frozen grape stand at some coach pitch/t-ball games in your community

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
big inflation tiddies

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

big inflation tiddies

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

CommieGIR posted:

They won't if they like actual functional applications.

I think you're missing the point, whether the job requires skill makes no difference as to whether it's classified as a no skill job

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

people are using bones as decor more and more these days, maybe you could glean wooded areas near you for pieces of desiccated corpses and sell them to someone in real estate staging

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Elentor posted:

tbf it's a good avatar

Needs an animation added with rings flying out of the dog

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

collecting cans from bins seems to be a popular way to add a supplementary income stream in my area, maybe give that a try OP?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if your light on cash but big on hunger try the one dollar and fifty cent hot dog and soda combo at the costco location nearest you

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if youve got enough to buy a newspaper, they often contain coupons for popular products. its easy to make the money you spent on the paper back in savings.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

many grocery stores have a shelf for day old baked goods and items near expiration that have marked down up to fifty percent. try looking near the semi-transparent double swing doors that lead to the employees only area of the store.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

common "one use" items, such as zip-loc bags, take out food containers, and plastic utensils can be washed and reused multiple times

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

if the plasma centers are conveniently located to you, they're a pretty good source of guilt-free fun money (or critical funds to pay bills, w/e). I used to be able to squeeze out enough plasma in like 25 minutes, after screening and all that you're in and out in under an hour

I'm not healthy enough because I'm poor. A true catch22

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nothing guilt free about donating blood & plasma, it's probably going to some billionaire

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nothing guilt free about donating blood & plasma, it's probably going to some billionaire

I hate that billionaires take all the blood

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

how much they pay these days? It was $25/$45 when i did it like 5 years ago
The place I go is 52/60 if you donate twice a week. The first 8 donations were a hundred each, which was pretty nice. It's not a life-changing amount of money, but it's a nice bonus. I'm using it right now to pay off some home repair loans more quickly.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Chinatown posted:

big inflation tiddies

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Slugworth posted:

The place I go is 52/60 if you donate twice a week. The first 8 donations were a hundred each, which was pretty nice. It's not a life-changing amount of money, but it's a nice bonus. I'm using it right now to pay off some home repair loans more quickly.

Yeah, it's not gonna turn your finances around or anything, but it does help to have some extra cash that can cover your phone bill, or your bar tab over the weekend, or whatever. It helps me get some quality reading time too, I've finished a ton of books thanks to donation days.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
if you're not gonna eat the blood i ain't selling it to you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress what a fantastic actor Harry Dean Stanton was.

Saw Paris Texas last month and had a big ugly cry

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Google inflation fetish for a positive approach to everything getting more expensive

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Man ~$400 extra every month would definitely be sweet but every time I try to give blood my rear end blacks out.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

a while back I read about big ol plasma farms in china where they just round up the poors, milk em for pennies, and then off they go. they’re apparently completely unregulated and often don’t follow hygiene protocol, extract plasma too frequently, etc. and as a result, frequent donors get hosed. anyway, the whole industry gives the loving creeps.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Colonel Cancer posted:

Google inflation fetish for a positive approach to everything getting more expensive

Marx argued that this fetishism of inflation serves to obscure the underlying economic relationships and processes that determine the value of commodities and the distribution of wealth and power in society. By focusing on the fluctuations of prices and the value of money, people are distracted from the deeper structures and dynamics of the capitalist system, which are characterized by exploitation, inequality, and domination.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Buce posted:

a while back I read about big ol plasma farms in china where they just round up the poors, milk em for pennies, and then off they go. they’re apparently completely unregulated and often don’t follow hygiene protocol, extract plasma too frequently, etc. and as a result, frequent donors get hosed. anyway, the whole industry gives the loving creeps.

If you aren't the butcher then you're the cattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Idk just buy less lol