Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im a vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

cat botherer posted:

Wow, you're really quite a tremendous moron with a beautiful and smooth brain.

You may want to look up deficit spending during the Reagan or Bush admin and get back to us.

The current administration is doing way worse. I can't take the inflation. How are you handling it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just be one of those people profiled on CNBC where they start a side hustle with passive income with the help of a family member who loaned you $200k interest free

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bula Vinaka posted:

They just snuck in a huge 1.7 trillion bill when most congress people were absent due to Christmas. They do poo poo like this every year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdfguxEpPw

I know most people here are massively anti-Republican, but that is the one thing about Republicans... they don't do massive spending like this, or vote for bills that spend too much, etc.

So, you can vote Republican in 2024. No way in hell Trump will be nominated. So he'll run independently. MAGA dumbasses who would vote Republican will vote for Trump, which will take votes away from the Republican candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94jGTWNWsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_6RV2wxlU

The above is the main reason I will be voting republican in 2024. Biden will likely run again, and I can't vote for an administration that approved what you see in the graph above, despite being warned be a multitude of economists. I can't deal with the inflation, as well as the Federal Reserve responding to it by constantly raising interest rates, driving down the value of stocks in people's 401K and other portfolios. If that makes me a piece of poo poo, then so be it.

I see we found one of those 'Moderates' Musk was talking about.

Government can spend however it likes, but the fact that you would gladly say "This caused me to vote for a party directly leading to fascism that actively calls for oppression and violence against its opponents" says more about you than it does about the Democrats.

Sorry dude. You don't vote for literal Nazis because of spending. Not even figurative nazis. Literal Nazis. Find a better talking point. The Dems suck, but given all we know, all we've seen about what the GOP does and says, you have to be either blatantly ignorant or actually evil to say something this dumb.
Oh and as a bonus: This inflation would've happened, GOP or Dem in the hot seat. Because this is largely something that has been brewing for years. Trump didn't help and likely sped up the rate at which inflation was coming. Don't fall for some stupid schtick about "Inflation was caused by government spending rah rah" bullshit.

Sure. It won't be Trump. It'll be DeSantis. Or someone purposefully worse next time. Oh, and its absolutely bullshit that the GOP doesn't spend. They do. Except they pull it from things like Social Security and Social programs. They gut important social systems to find that money. Then they spend on the Government line of credit. They create a massive government debt, and then knowing they'll lose blame the Dem that takes the seat and scream about government spending. You fell for it. A line sold by people who tried to overthrow the government.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 23, 2022

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Bula Vinaka posted:

The current administration is doing way worse. I can't take the inflation. How are you handling it?
The current inflation has little to do with whoever is president and much more to do the fed pumping asset markets continuously since 2008. Sorry, this stuff might be a little confusing due to the problem you have with your intelligence. I hate Biden too, but lmao at things getting better under republicans.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Bula Vinaka posted:

They just snuck in a huge 1.7 trillion bill when most congress people were absent due to Christmas. They do poo poo like this every year.

I know most people here are massively anti-Republican, but that is the one thing about Republicans... they don't do massive spending like this, or vote for bills that spend too much, etc.

So, you can vote Republican in 2024. No way in hell Trump will be nominated. So he'll run independently. MAGA dumbasses who would vote Republican will vote for Trump, which will take votes away from the Republican candidate.

The above is the main reason I will be voting republican in 2024. Biden will likely run again, and I can't vote for an administration that approved what you see in the graph above, despite being warned be a multitude of economists. I can't deal with the inflation, as well as the Federal Reserve responding to it by constantly raising interest rates, driving down the value of stocks in people's 401K and other portfolios. If that makes me a piece of poo poo, then so be it.

drat son threads can't take a strike like that and survive

rip thread

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

How do people keep falling for government spending and inflation poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

isaboo posted:

Overtime at the dick sucking factory, op

No you can't cover my shift

Hello

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Because they think government spending is some sort of Household budget poo poo rather than someone that can print and issue their own currency.

And then they buy up talking points from Austerity pushing morons who likely caused the inflation in the first place, and in this case from a party that literally tried to overthrow the government.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 23, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
you're not, hth

pencilhands posted:

Am I just supposed to die eventually?

yeah

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

eggs were $4/dozen the other day and i am livid

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FPzero posted:

eggs were $4/dozen the other day and i am livid

Have you tried drinking blood

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

They want to believe in this because they actually just hate poor people and want them to suffer but realize it's unacceptable to say that so instead, they readily buy into a false narrative that doing anything to help poor people is in fact just hurting everyone.

This is also why they just plain ignore the history of economic benefits of SNAP or such, there's a mountain of evidence out there that counters their world view but then it would mean they're a bad person for bad reasons and so instead they just close their eyes, plug their ears, and go lalalalalalalala.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
That Republican guy upthread? Huge idiot, and he sucks lol. What a loving dumbass. Stupid Nazi gently caress, or a terrible gimmick?

OP, a bit of advice: It's called "shrinkflation" and if you wish to learn more, just look in your pants.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

One thing I noticed recently is that there are no lines at my nearest Whole Foods, while the Trader Joe's has been constantly fully packed with holiday shoppers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Wilkins Micawber posted:

OP, a bit of advice: It's called "shrinkflation" and if you wish to learn more, just look in your pants.

Its a cold water thing, right?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Devils Affricate posted:

You've never gotten a pay raise of $1000+/yr?
That's what, 50 cents an hour for an hourly full time employee? Depending on the industry and wage level, I can buy it. Never forget there are adult human beings working for major corporations getting like 38 cent raises.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc-zAbL2Uw

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
run nigerian prince scams on boomers because theyre the ones that built this hellworld

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Jesus Christ republicans are only fiscally conservative when democrats are in the White House. Like it’s been this way for the 40 years I’ve been alive, how do they keep fooling people?

Edit: Also the first big spike in your graph happened under trump

I’m being trolled aren’t I? I’m the fool!!

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 23, 2022

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Jesus Christ republicans are only fiscally conservative when democrats are in the White House. Like it’s been this way for the 40 years I’ve been alive, how do they keep fooling people?

Leaded gasoline wasn't fully banned until 1996.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bula Vinaka posted:

Lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I’m being trolled aren’t I? I’m the fool!!

Its not trolling if they argue in good faith, because they probably believe it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Well OP you're a loving idiot who thinks land should vote so I don't give a gently caress about your rent and hope you eat poo poo! Hopefully you end up homeless and forget how to vote.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Bula Vinaka posted:

but that is the one thing about Republicans... they don't do massive spending like this, or vote for bills that spend too much, etc.
:lol: :lmao: :laffo:

Are you seriously this stupid?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

One thing I noticed recently is that there are no lines at my nearest Whole Foods, while the Trader Joe's has been constantly fully packed with holiday shoppers.

In my experience, Whole Foods is literally just Trader Joe's but overpriced, and the only reason I ever made a habit of going was because one of the baggers near the Whole Foods I used to live near was cute. After we dated and broke up, there was officially no reason to go.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

God drat I don't know how but I'm surprised every single day of my waking life how absolutely mind-numbingly stupid Republicans are. Like holy poo poo they are the most broke-brained loving morons that have ever breathed oxygen.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
If republicans were fiscally conservative they’d be in favor of UHC.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jelly posted:

God drat I don't know how but I'm surprised every single day of my waking life how absolutely mind-numbingly stupid Republicans are. Like holy poo poo they are the most broke-brained loving morons that have ever breathed oxygen.

You sound a bit... triggered, op :smugdon:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

If republicans were fiscally conservative they’d be in favor of UHC.

If I recall, Medicare/Medicaid style UHC is popular among most Republican voters, ironically.

Something something voting against your own interests.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Bula Vinaka posted:

I don't think I've ever seen something this stupid in the wild but here we are.

Yeah, go ahead and vote for the facist neo nazi because 'inflation' I guess.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

cat botherer posted:

The current inflation has little to do with whoever is president and much more to do the fed pumping asset markets continuously since 2008. Sorry, this stuff might be a little confusing due to the problem you have with your intelligence. I hate Biden too, but lmao at things getting better under republicans.

republicans being in power in the 80s are why we're at where we're at. only thing that ever trickled down was their piss on our faces.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Bula Vinaka posted:

A stupid meltdown

These forums may not be for you, my friend. I mean, now that you've shown your rear end.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Waltzing Along posted:

These forums may not be for you, my friend. I mean, now that you've shown your rear end.

Please don’t chase away the quality posters. It’s nice having something to laugh at that’s not Reddit or Elon Musk.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bula Vinaka posted:

Are you trolling or is this a real post?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Hell Yeah posted:

selling cocaine is basically stealing from rich people. i'm just saying it has a lot of perks like
-sexy women like it
-lots of money
-rich people like it
-everyone likes it
-smells great
-makes you basically the coolest person.
-fun to do if you don't get too carried away
-one of the only ways to make money that will surely result in having sex without trying

i'm not encouraging anyone to sell cocaine. what i said is true though.

it's a glamour profession

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Bula Vinaka posted:

Hey OP have you ever considered that we should actually be spending 1.7 Trillion dollars to have a functional government?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

In the spirit of fair research, definitely don't look at debts accrued or alleviated throughout the years or anything ridiculous like that. Just make sure you beeline in on one single line graph, definitely not like some cult member that you so readily disparage.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
poo poo like galaxy brain austerity bro is why I'm increasingly of the belief that you should at least hold a masters degree in finance or some poo poo before weighing in on how government monetary or fiscal policy is conducted cause the idea that a government would need to borrow and spend money to drive economic growth seems to blow people's loving mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

drat son threads can't take a strike like that and survive

rip thread