Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

DrSunshine posted:

So what is the person supposed to do while taking Community College classes fulltime for 2 years? Be homeless?

Work at night? You can also take a half-load of courses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

pencilhands posted:

I just got an email from my landlord that my rent is increasing by $90 a month. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a raise that worked out to that much. Am I just supposed to die eventually as soon as possible?

Yes. As far as I can tell, that is what the corporate overlords want.

Also, for some reason, all of the insurance companies on healthcare.gov have jacked up all premium around 200 bucks before tax credit discounts. Either to collect the additional tax credits offered the last couple of years due to inflation or just because there are limited controls on prices of plans on healthcare.gov

Yes, UHC would control this kind of thing.

Duck and Cover posted:

The person I hired to add another level to my money vault expect to be paid, LOL.

You should string them along. You still need to have your diving board’s height adjusted.

Bored fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 25, 2022

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Strong Sauce posted:

when i was little i loved watching john stossel on 20/20.. he was all like, "give me a break" and i was like 'hell yeah'. i've totally forgotten what the segments were about but just liked how he said it. didn't find out until like 10 years later that he was just this huge libertarian that hated the government giving help to people because once "you give it to them you can't take it back" and apparently that's what segments he was running the whole time on 20/20

anyways my point is, even though i watched him in my childhood. i still turned out to not want to actively harm other people just because the government was using tax money to help them. so that guy posting a stossel vod non-ironically: seek help. you are not as nice as you think you are.

That stupid rear end in a top hat John Stossel told a 1980's wrestler "I think this stuff is all fake" and the guy smacked the poo poo out of him.

After he got up, the guy smacked him again, lmao

The wrestler got fired but was revered among his peers from then on.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Make more money dumbass,lol.

" Oh I work at Walmart, how do I cope with inflation? "

I'm not even really joking, look into community College, bust out an AS in something there's a market for with a low-ish skill ceiling, and start over.

Yeah it sucks and you'll be busy as hell but community College can be pretty cheap, and you can always try to get a degree that transfers to 4 year.

I have this friend who always uses "Wal-mart workers" as his shorthand for useless do-nothing people.

He makes high five figures as a computer toucher for the state of Florida.

He's shut the gently caress up about all this since the pandemic when all those worthless people were classified as "essential" and he got told to take his non-essential rear end to the house for 6 months since literally no one on Earth actually needed him to do the thing he got paid multiples of a Wal-mart worker to do. Believe me, THAT was a seriously enjoyable conversation, and we haven't had a similar one since!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Did anyone say learn to code yet?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Guerilla clearfelling and secret underground sawmill

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

it's a medical procedure, don't make it out to be something it isn't. demonizing it like this is what led to Roe v Wade being overturned.

i'm not lol

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Did anyone say learn to code yet?

at community college no less

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Simply earn more than you spend

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

JonathonSpectre posted:

I have this friend who always uses "Wal-mart workers" as his shorthand for useless do-nothing people.

He makes high five figures as a computer toucher for the state of Florida.

This guy is the "Walmart worker" of computer touchers :smuggo:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Learn to code.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
think of it as the only diet that ever worked
also some kind of philosophical lesson on the root of suffering

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

generational wealth

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A lovely cafe in the lovely part of town

naem
May 29, 2011

collige

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Getting a clown college degree is infinitely more applicable to the real world. The world will always need clowns and that's a fact

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Get a job with a good union that negotiates pay raises multiple times a year.

E: Or get a government job that gives you annual raises.

Maybe both.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

So this is what economic illiteracy looks like.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Suspect A posted:

Getting a clown college degree is infinitely more applicable to the real world. The world will always need clowns and that's a fact

Tuition at Ringling College of Art and Design is rather steep, unfortunately.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

And it's like 150 clowns in one tiny classroom smdh

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Icochet posted:

A lovely cafe in the lovely part of town

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bounty hunting

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pyramid schemes aren't just for Sumerians

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

have you tried selling your piss and poo poo on the open market?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Start a side hustle by buying my book and zoom classes. $99.99 per week for 26 weeks.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hello I wish to tell you a story about Bula Vinaka. I bought them a buff chili dog Sonic for an avatar. They changed the avatar back. I bought it again (pretty sure too lazy too look it up), and yet again they changed it back and gave me the avatar. I would still have that avatar had somebody not bought me the one I presently have.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 26, 2022

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

have you tried selling your piss and poo poo on the open market?
I've been selling plasma. It's a pretty good racket if you're poor, and don't mind needles. Twice a week I wake up, go read a book for an hour while I'm drained of my precious life force, and then go on with my day.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I've been selling plasma. It's a pretty good racket if you're poor, and don't mind needles. Twice a week I wake up, go read a book for an hour while I'm drained of my precious life force, and then go on with my day.

Have you considered learning to code, doppelgänger?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Smugworth posted:

Have you considered learning to code, doppelgänger?
I'd rather donate plasma. I'm not actually poor per se, I just chose a career that was enjoyable and fulfilling, but not, you know, monetarily. The plasma selling isn't to make ends meet or anything, it's just to get some easy spare cash. So, not desperate enough to code yet.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
How has no one said "Beg, borrow, or steal" yet?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Some bad talk going round town that papa had three outside children and another wife and that ain't right

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

coding is enjoyable but if you get a coding job you’ll spend almost no time actually doing it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

coding is enjoyable but if you get a coding job you’ll spend almost no time actually doing it

Yup. Also remember when they said coding would become a blue collar job?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i'm starting something called Cum Unity College if anyone's horny and interested

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Become a coder so you can spend all your time on agile meetings.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Get a time machine and do your grocery shopping in 1950s

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Slugworth posted:

i give away my plasma regularly cos I live in a UHC country and homies need plasma

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

git apologist posted:

i give away my plasma regularly cos I live in a UHC country and homies need plasma
Lol, sorry to hear about your worthless plasma. Mine is too precious to just give away. No, that's very decent of you. I'd likely do it for free now that I've seen what it entails, but it's nice to get cash, and the folks using it are getting rich as poo poo in our for profit hell system, so they aren't getting this poo poo for nothing.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

Cool dude alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Work at night? You can also take a half-load .
Yeah that's how I...

quote:

of courses
Nvm