Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, I created my Condemned Rune and it's probably bad but sometimes it works and that's funny. Basically I have cut out every single spell and have a follow-only deck because nothing feels worse than having Sephie in hand but not enough followers to use her fusion ability every turn. I also have like 9 different minions that are way too expensive to ever play, that I use solely as fusion fodder, and that's probably a bad thing but they're Condemned so she gets a little bonus!

Anyway, Sephie herself is kind of insanely powerful but as expected it has anti-synergy with both Spellboost (spells in your hand slow you down) and Earth Rite (using up boardspace is incredibly bad because it prevents her finisher). So, uh, anyone have any recommendations for super awesome neutral followers I may have overlooked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm 459730921, though I'm still not sure if I'll actually play the multiplayer yet.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Clarste posted:

Well, I created my Condemned Rune and it's probably bad but sometimes it works and that's funny. Basically I have cut out every single spell and have a follow-only deck because nothing feels worse than having Sephie in hand but not enough followers to use her fusion ability every turn. I also have like 9 different minions that are way too expensive to ever play, that I use solely as fusion fodder, and that's probably a bad thing but they're Condemned so she gets a little bonus!

Anyway, Sephie herself is kind of insanely powerful but as expected it has anti-synergy with both Spellboost (spells in your hand slow you down) and Earth Rite (using up boardspace is incredibly bad because it prevents her finisher). So, uh, anyone have any recommendations for super awesome neutral followers I may have overlooked?

Probably uranus, since the test subjects are giving you card draw and what not

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
in general i think a good chunk of the festive stuff runecraft was running with focused on going through your deck quickly to empower cards will probably slot in well with the condemned gameplan

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I did no research on the trial decks and just open palm slammed the loot swordcraft one because I like idea of it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This might be the first time I go for a Portalcraft deck. Having more fun with it than the others though it seems slower than most other decks i've used.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been tentatively plugging cards into my budget dshift deck to see what works, but my main takeaway is that my deck and I are both rear end when the unlimited ranks have this many players.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

this is what i been running. its fun though i am probably doing something dumb card count wise here because i never really understood that type of stuff.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

My UID is 649283731. Just applied to the guild.

For the temp decks, I think you're probably okay with either the Sword deck or the Shadow deck. Loot Sword is having a better showing on ladder right now so that's probably the safest pick but the Shadow deck has good cards. The Portal deck looks like a joke, honestly.

This is my Wrath Blood I've been running. It's doing pretty well, it's absolutely capable of killing people on T5/6. I don't know how much of that is people not being used to the matchups and when Garodeth can pop up though so things might change. This deck kind of has a rough time into other aggro decks though which is pretty funny.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I chose the temp Sword deck because it has pirates and that's cool.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I went shadow because of vibes.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Sometimes you play this game and you think you're going to win and then you learn there are combos that can kill you from full health from an empty board and you realize "drat that sucks"

But then sometimes you play the ghost of an entire town and the enemy just sits there thinking for several seconds before conceding. Seriously that card is so funny.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Infinity Gaia posted:

Sometimes you play this game and you think you're going to win and then you learn there are combos that can kill you from full health from an empty board and you realize "drat that sucks"

its funny going into unlimited and being like "huh, so there is stuff that can do that before turn 7"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Here is my dumbass no-spell Rune deck that's won like 7/8 matches in Unranked today, usually on turn 6:

Yes, I did buy 6 useless legendaries just because they have the Condemned tag.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 28, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the current spellboost rune that uses that one condemned is a killer, gosh.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinking I should avoid crafting rune stuff until the nerfs come through, because this meta doesn't sound like the kind that's allowed to last.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Spellboost is almost certainly getting hit very soon. Wrath may be possible as well since it's how a bunch of the first people to get Grandmaster did so but I'm pretty sure that deck is vulnerable to big wards at least.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm thinking I should avoid crafting rune stuff until the nerfs come through, because this meta doesn't sound like the kind that's allowed to last.

Shouldn't they give you a refund if they nerf? Like, a limited time "liquefy for 3500 vials" kinda thing? Or do they not do that?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
No idea, but I don't want to test it. I also don't really feel like playing mirror matches to see who can get their degenerate combo down the fastest. I'm just chilling down in beginner rank where it's safe.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

When they nerf cards, the cards that got nerfed give you full vials on refund. It doesn't do anything for the rest of the deck.

In this case, unless they nerf Simael, I don't think you're really going to get much value back? Either way, worth waiting.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
e: wrong thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

this is what i been running. its fun though i am probably doing something dumb card count wise here because i never really understood that type of stuff.

got rid of most of the draw spells because you really don't need them with the draw 1s from your test subject
feline magic is a really good pick for this type, since you can either use the followers as fusion fodder or cheap 2 attack spells if you need to bring a win over the finish line. owlcat girl has a simlar role too where its cheap to play, you banish a follower in your hand and put a new copy back in your deck, and it adds a follower in your hand for fusion fodder. so perfect to put your uranus cards deeper in the deck if you draw them too early.

this is a fun deck type to play though so i don't see it being meta.
(might be better if i swap the wardens with another glistening angel *shrug*)

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 29, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

My no spell, all condemned version is actually doing surprisingly well (>50% win rate so far, but falling), but it's frustrating that the only reason I can't beat Spellboost Rune is because they don't actually clear my board enough for me to use my finisher on the turn before they use their wombo combo to kill me from full.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 29, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Incidentally, when do they usually release the story mode for the new expansion characters? I must admit I'm kind of curious about them, and based on the card flavor text they're all kind of more evil than I had imagined.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'm wondering about that myself. I thought with the big trailer and the focus on new characters with actual stories, we'd be getting a story expansion soon. Especially since the last arc just finished up rather abruptly.

also god drat, this wrath deck is a little stressful to pilot, going into t5, both players are one turn off lethal with the right hand

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I recently had like a revelation that the Runecraft follower who makes you summon 3 golems across three turns (forgot her name, 4 cost earth rite, but can fuse to summon an earth sigil) also kind of functions as Storm, since the 2nd golem appears at the end of the ENEMY'S turn, meaning it can attack face immediately on your turn. Which means that even if the opponent is constantly clearing your board - which I just assume they will and in fact it's annoying if they don't - Sephie can deal 15 damage to face on turn 6. That's 2 5/5 chimeras, 1 3/3 golem, plus an evolve. Not bad at all!

I feel like whenever they add more condemned followers that don't suck this deck up will explode.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hey Snooze, can you tell me more about the power of lesbians

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hey Snooze, can you tell me more about the power of lesbians

mysteria is a runecraft achetype. you can currently build it right now but it kinda sucks and isn't as fun as the older mysteria stuff, imo. also grea and anne being the same card kinda takes some of the fun out of it since when they were separated you had to play them together on the board to get them to say gay poo poo to each other.

its not the only gay poo poo in the game but i mostly play rune and forest so i dunno if there is really another achetype that is just so clearly built around just a lesbian couple.

i should build a mysteria deck in unlimited with a wizardress of oz, that was always a fun time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Clarste posted:

I feel like whenever they add more condemned followers that don't suck this deck up will explode.

yeahhh, its fun to play but... its so painful going from mysteria to this because the add to your hand trait cards in mysteria were cost 2 and this one is cost 3 + fusion... and the amulet just sorta sucks but i kinda feel like i need to run it anyway.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 31, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

mysteria is a runecraft achetype. you can currently build it right now but it kinda sucks and isn't as fun as the older mysteria stuff, imo. also grea and anne being the same card kinda takes some of the fun out of it since when they were separated you had to play them together on the board to get them to say gay poo poo to each other.

its not the only gay poo poo in the game but i mostly play rune and forest so i dunno if there is really another achetype that is just so clearly built around just a lesbian couple.

i should build a mysteria deck in unlimited with a wizardress of oz, that was always a fun time

ah, that's a shame it isn't too good, I liked them both a lot in GBF and Mysteria Friends

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I keep beating rune for some reason :cool:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I keep thinking I'm going to beat Rune and then they kill me from full HP on turn 6 through two Wards.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I keep expecting them to kill me on turn 6 and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I guess... they also have to draw the right cards and stuff.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sometimes I feel like im going to lose to Rune because i've had a really slow couple of opening turns but then they give up on like Turn 4 because I guess they messed up their combo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I actually have no idea what deck I want to play at all, doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be a good..deck gallery anymore, tempostorm's one doesn't get used and well I don't know of any others

I've gotten more assvault legendaries than I expected so far from the free draws though

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I enjoy it when they do their whole big combo but somehow it leaves me at 1 HP and it's like "welp, you had your chance."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've had a couple games like that where they just give up once their combo ends.

The strategies of Spellboost seem stressful

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I actually have no idea what deck I want to play at all, doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be a good..deck gallery anymore, tempostorm's one doesn't get used and well I don't know of any others

Everything's on video these days, Zhiff is a good channel for following the meta. He's got a quick video on what appears to be the current best decks in the meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RXP_-YuWQA

The tl;dw of it is that Wrath Blood, Last Words Shadow and Spellboost Rune look to be the current best decks in the meta.

After that, we have Magachiyo Forest, Booty Sword, Armed Condemned Dragon, Amulet OTK Haven and Machina Portal looking like the best decks in those classes. Personally I'm not convinced Haven is that good but someone's going for Grandmaster with it so eh.

Deck lists for all those decks from competitive players are in the video too. I was pretty happy when I saw my initial list for Wrath Blood that I just made up matched pretty closely, we only had a 5 card difference.

Also every one of these OTK decks is capable of whiffing and getting a bad draw. I had a match vs Loot Sword that went to turn 11 because we both bricked.\

E - Discard Dragon from last expansion is also doing well again. Handless Blood is the same as the last expansion, I don't have lists for those on hand but let me know if you want them.

Mysticblade fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 31, 2022

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

My pulls so far seem to want me to play Magachiyo Forest (I've pulled 2 Mags, a Rayne and a Gilnelise, as well as nearly all the Golds required) but it's pretty drat hard to pilot and folds immediately to any wards whatsoever. Fun when it goes off though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Odd, Magachiyo burst turns should be able to break most forms of ward. Nightshade Assassin will deal with the majority of things and Piercye can deal with wide boards. Which specific wards are you having issues with?