Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

it's racist or sexist or pro (or anti)-russian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Wasn't there some stupid cartoon about this back in the 90s? Something involving "knights" ifn I recall.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Dick Fontaine posted:

That’s Terok Nor you fool

No it’s not. I’m looking at the memoryalpha article about it right now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It’s about a blood cult OP.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Tir na n'Og, Land of the Ever Young

Tir na n'Og is a blessed isle surrounded by whispering mists. It is the home of the Tuatha, a highly magical race descended from the Nemedians who once warred with the Fomorians. The Tuatha have made themselves lords and masters over the Fir Bolg, a lesser race descended from the same Nemedian ancestors. With the aid of the Fir Bolg, the Tuatha attacked the Fomorian giants and almost succeeded where the Nemedians failed, but eventually the Fomorians proved too powerful and the Tuatha were driven back to their Blessed Isle. The Tuatha and their Sidhe descendants have turned to crafts, poetry and magical arts, but some have chosen the path of war and have become warriors and generals of great renown. The Fir Bolg, inferior to the Tuatha but still far superior to ordinary men, compose much of the population and serve as farmers and lowly warriors.

National Features
Race: Tuatha, Sidhe, Fir Bolg
Military: Fir Bolg infantry, Sidhe infantry, sacred Tuatha warriors
Magic: Air, Nature, Water, some Earth
Priests: Average
Buildings: Standard Forts

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 26, 2022

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

It’s where the Mystic Knights are from OP hth

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's next to the nac mac feegle

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nae it's not

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They dresses are getting dirty

In Tir na nOg dresses never get dirty.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, you know Neverland from Peter Pan? The island full of faeries and kids who don't grow up?

It's that place. Literally that place. Or I guess figuratively, metaphorically, and mythically that place? IDK if there's any pirates there now in modern times, though, I've never been.

Valko posted:

Tír = Land
Óg = Young/youth.

It's common for people who are named after their father to have 'Óg' after their forename such as:
Sean Óg = Sean Junior.

The accent above it is called a 'fada' which means 'long'. It's not pronounced 'Awg', it's 'Owe-g'

Yea.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's like egg nog but made with tir na instead of eggs

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
She cohosted Professor Blastoff for a few years, not sure what she's up for now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Nilbog trying to get a handbeezy

Also

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

I looked towards the corner, with its coal black shadows thrown from the edge of the fireplace mantle and remembered agin what old Ruthfield had said about the old tenebrous things told of in that accursed Necromicon that shimmer there. I began to sweat profusely and my poor mind began to race with thoughts of long forgotten incantations and vile rites. It was then the words came again to me, in startling reality. Tir na nog.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cubone posted:

it's kinda like fiddler's green or the elysian fields. just a really chill and dope place for cool people

speaking of fiddlers green what are other occupational paradises? I used to remember a couple more but I forgot them woops

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I think it's where Spellbinders happened.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sug ma cog

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
The only thing I recall about Irish mythology is they've got a hero named Brian.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Tir Na Nog

Bright eyes

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

2014 Following magically enhanced terrorist activity, the governments of the U.K. and Eire sign the Treaty of Galway establishing the United Free Republic of Ireland.
2015 Schism splits the Irish Republican Army (IRA) into two factions: the Provisional IRA (led by Liam O'Connor, a "spike baby" elf) and the Official IRA. The Provisional IRA is incorporated into the state security apparatus, where it counters Protestant paramilitaries. It would grow into the core of the Tir Republican Corps (TRC).
2025 In Ireland, the "Walsh's hookers" scandal ends the career of three government ministers, two businessmen and one bishop.
2034 Formation of Tír na nÓg announced.
2035 Liam O'Connor becomes State President of Tír na nÓg.
2042 Liam O'Connor (President of Tír na nÓg) disappears from public life.
2049 The government of Tír na nÓg establishes the Church of Ireland, banning the Roman Catholic Church from the country.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

2014 Following magically enhanced terrorist activity, the governments of the U.K. and Eire sign the Treaty of Galway establishing the United Free Republic of Ireland.
2015 Schism splits the Irish Republican Army (IRA) into two factions: the Provisional IRA (led by Liam O'Connor, a "spike baby" elf) and the Official IRA. The Provisional IRA is incorporated into the state security apparatus, where it counters Protestant paramilitaries. It would grow into the core of the Tir Republican Corps (TRC).
2025 In Ireland, the "Walsh's hookers" scandal ends the career of three government ministers, two businessmen and one bishop.
2034 Formation of Tír na nÓg announced.
2035 Liam O'Connor becomes State President of Tír na nÓg.
2042 Liam O'Connor (President of Tír na nÓg) disappears from public life.
2049 The government of Tír na nÓg establishes the Church of Ireland, banning the Roman Catholic Church from the country.

I'm interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No it’s not. I’m looking at the memoryalpha article about it right now.

Tir na Nog is Cardassian for “Home of Nog”, that’s why they call it that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't know, you had it last

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
tir na nog tryna get a hand beezy

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Dick Fontaine posted:

That’s where the old gods live. If you’re cool enough they’ll invite you over to party。

Yep. It’s where i’m going party, battle and find eternal peace with the Tuatha De Danann as my end game.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
All will be revealed when the final snake is driven from Ireland after these 800 years

naem
May 29, 2011

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The sidhe people don't do so much since the fian of all Ireland was destroyed and the last of the giant heroes fell.

I blame the catholics.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

goatface posted:

The sidhe people don't do so much since the fian of all Ireland was destroyed and the last of the giant heroes fell.

I blame the catholics.

Are those the elves from the Witcher

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

naem posted:

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Don't say the ph word <:mad:>

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Milo and POTUS posted:

speaking of fiddlers green what are other occupational paradises? I used to remember a couple more but I forgot them woops
the only ones I can think of are vikings with valhalla and hobos with the big rock candy mountain lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah but I also figured isn't hoboing the opposite of a job

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

This gently caress time-traveled to steal my joke.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
It’s what Ireland was like before the fuckin Brits came along, OP

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/a53p5-Ka-lI

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's an ancient and powerful curse. Say it backwards at once lest you doom us all

Gonna nirt

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah but I also figured isn't hoboing the opposite of a job

no, "hobos" were homeless folks who worked for their money while travelling (due to not having a stable life or home), while "bums" were what we typically think of as hobos today (homeless folks who got by with panhandling and scavenging to survive in a society that wanted them dead)

of course, both terms only meant what they meant almost a century ago, and terms shift over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Saw her open for Chris Rock once, pretty funny