Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

git apologist posted:

i thought you both had a gimmick of being enormous dumbasses tbh

i'll have you know my dumbassery is sincere tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im indian and i call it cilantro seed

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
don't get me started on nutmeg/mace

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
smh that when people say “carrot” they don’t specify the root or the leaf

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im indian and i call it cilantro seed

see?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

yes i do. in the context of indian food it's "coriander seed" vs "coriander leaf". i go both ways i guess for se asian and say "cilantro" when im talking food from the americas

i get that you're playing dumb but there's that little nagging doubt that maybe you really don't understand. a very tedious and frustrating gimmick

anyway im not “playing dumb” i was making a simple joke about american vs other english dialects. you decided to well, actually it and here we are

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the supermarket tonight had ZERO bananas

gwen stefani : we’re poo poo out of bananas

B A N A N A S

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gotta admit that line is pretty catchy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol wtf happened in this thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

smh that when people say “carrot” they don’t specify the root or the leaf

the carrot is the stem

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Beeftweeter posted:

lol wtf happened in this thread

the same thing that happens in every yospos thread

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the same thing that happens in every yospos thread

what’s that?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i posted :twisted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the carrot is the stem

exactly

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
i discussed the coriander thing with some friends and they were like "it just tastes fresh" but to me it has an overpoweringly strong chemical taste that is impossible to ignore; even super tiny amounts of it are instantly noticeable, so i think there might be something going on here. my sister didn't use to like it but now she's okay with it, but i've never gotten used to it even after living a year in china. i like to think i'm less fussy with food these days and i'm working on getting better at eating spicy stuff for example, but cilantro is just a huge no, it's too much, it's disgusting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sucks 2 b u

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

out of plantains, count to four

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

sucks 2 b u

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

TheFluff posted:

i discussed the coriander thing with some friends and they were like "it just tastes fresh" but to me it has an overpoweringly strong chemical taste that is impossible to ignore; even super tiny amounts of it are instantly noticeable, so i think there might be something going on here. my sister didn't use to like it but now she's okay with it, but i've never gotten used to it even after living a year in china. i like to think i'm less fussy with food these days and i'm working on getting better at eating spicy stuff for example, but cilantro is just a huge no, it's too much, it's disgusting

it's genetic bro, you're hosed. just not a natural born cilantro eater

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

cilantro, celery, cucumbers and brassicas all taste bitter and in different ways

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you got weird taste in vegetables.

good taste in musteloids, though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

thanks

but if you want to get an idea of what I mean, celery seed tastes like the stuff they spray on nintendo switch carts

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

this homie sucks nintendo switch carts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

cabbage is nice too because it's like the one leafy green that hasn't been gentrified to poo poo by wine moms

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the chicken stock came out pretty well, if anyone was curious

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

dioxazine posted:

pro tip: if you want a darker stock, leave the skins on the onions

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

its strictly cosmetic but, you know, fyi

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

leeks are really good for making stock

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

leaks ruin stock though

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

I'm sad we didn't have a very cold winter because that was when I took all the frozen pieces out of my freezer and told my wife "see, I am going to use this!" and made a bunch of stock then put the drat thing outside or in a pile of snow to cool it down. There's always next year.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

leeks are really good for making stock

yeah like all the green tips you usually throw out? put that poo poo in the stock for great success.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Hed posted:

I'm sad we didn't have a very cold winter because that was when I took all the frozen pieces out of my freezer and told my wife "see, I am going to use this!" and made a bunch of stock then put the drat thing outside or in a pile of snow to cool it down. There's always next year.

?? something eat it or ??

edit: maybe im not understanding this post

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

?? something eat it or ??

edit: maybe im not understanding this post

I'm just a bad storyteller. I usually prepare the pot when a big snowstorm is forecast and put the pot out in a big pile of snow. We barely had any days that cold this year, and a pitiful amount of snow. So I didn't get it done, and I still have some from last year so haven't been bothered.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

o i c, very good then

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

rotor posted:

yeah like all the green tips you usually throw out? put that poo poo in the stock for great success.

thats true for basically any vegetable trimming

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

OMGVBFLOL posted:

thats true for basically any vegetable trimming

idk i can think of a lot of veggies I wouldn't put in a stock. Cabbages and most leafy greens spring to mind.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

why not? if you haven't got a pig it beats the garbage

e: oh, bitterness could be a problem maybe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cucumbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wash it first