Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

post the funniest local CL ads you got

lmao.

i had a student one year trying to make his project out of the garbage scrap wood from the junk bin. i told him he needed to buy something better and sent him off with a list of the quality hardwood suppliers in the area.

the next day he came in super pissed that i had "made him spend 80 dollars" to buy a chunk of wood from home depot (not one of the suppliers i recommended) for his project. he showed me a 3/4 x 6 x 24 maple plank.

i asked him how the hell he spent 80 dollars on that. he said he had to take an uber down and back.

i asked him why he didn't take the bus, which has a stop at school and at home depot. he looked at me goggle eyed and said he couldn't be expected to carry construction supplies on the bus.

i then thought about it and asked why it cost 40 dollars each way? the home depot is a lot closer than that.

he said that he had to go to the farther home depot because he went to the near one first and they expected him to cut the wood himself with a hand saw.

i think he eventually dropped out of the program. probably for the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i know :(

macbeath in emeryville is still fine. moore newton is the other good one. and woodcraft for small stuff

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah it sucks that there's nothing in the city limits anymore. fortunately i can put my stuff on the truck bringing the school orders to get free delivery :evilbuddy:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'm really boggling at "you can't take construction supplies on a bus!!!" with a small plank of wood that would easily fit in a backpack

i was too

also that he was so put-off by the idea of cutting a board to length himself. the conversation was something like

"i had to go to the far home depot because at the near one they wouldn't cut it down for me."
"huh. that's weird. were they super busy?"
"yeah they just gave me a saw and said to cut it myself!"
"...okay....and you didn't?"
"it was like a SAW. you know a regular saw. not an electric one."
"a hand saw?"
"yeah!"
"well, sure, they probably wouldn't let you use a power tool. why didn't you cut it?"
(goggle-eyed) "by HAND?"
"yes?"
(stares)
"a board that size would take like 2 minutes, if that."
"...well i'm buying it from them, they should cut it!"

etc

some people. idk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

some students really have trouble accepting that hand tools exist and work well and you don't need electricity to do everything. one time i found someone trying to start up the plasma cutter to cut off a chunk of 1/4" mild steel rod. it would have taken 10 seconds with a hacksaw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's the same plant anyway

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like coriander seed a lot. good flavor.

i am pretty sure that i am a cilantro soap guy because i remember really hating it as a kid and at least up through college and it does have a soap-like aroma. but i can't tell for sure anymore because i live in Cilantro City and there's no way to avoid it and i've just become used to it like you get used to beer or black coffee. it's just "oh yeah, this is that soapy flavor that's in food, it's fine though, you eat this." shrug

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you got weird taste in vegetables.

good taste in musteloids, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cucumbers