Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Raluek posted:

how do you get to be an adult in a "physically making things" major and never have used a saw

i guess it's not impossible, it's just always surprising to me

i am an EE, and even in my junior level classes, this is college not high school, there were people in my labs who had never used a bread board and didn't understand how they worked. same idea i guess

i don't mind teaching people things, but i always wonder how you even get into a program like that without having the curiosity to play around with that stuff in your life until then

hyper-overachiever kids who get shoved into engineering because they're good at math yet have never touched a screwdriver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU