Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever gotten a paper cut?
Yes
No
View Results

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I've never seen it happen and it never happened to me either, it seems so incredibly rare. Does it hurt much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVkXlxsO8Q

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I used to get them when I was young in school. Maybe because I was clumsy, or maybe because I handled more paper back then, or maybe paper was just more dangerous in those days.

They sure do suck, though.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I got one on my eyeball once in middle school, trying to be cool by flipping my test over the fastest. It sucked

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

interwhat posted:

I got one on my eyeball once in middle school, trying to be cool by flipping my test over the fastest. It sucked

holy poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I used to get them when I was young in school. Maybe because I was clumsy, or maybe because I handled more paper back then, or maybe paper was just more dangerous in those days.

They sure do suck, though.

The paper was more dangerous back then. Paper has been getting thinner every year since 1900, but during the 70s-90s paper was the optimal thickness to shred human skin. Nowadays, the paper we write on is so thin it's essentially tissue paper and can't hold an edge.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

plastic packaging cuts are the papercuts of the 21st century.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Imagine being the first guy in Egypt to get a papyrus cut. Probably went straight back to chiseling on rocks.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
They hurt; it sucks.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Lopped my hands clean off in 1996

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
no but i got a paper butt

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

interwhat posted:

I can't even imagine the pain holy poo poo

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Yep.

Cardboard box cuts are worse, though.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i heard that in prison they fold up paper 1000000 times so that it gets so folded you can stab someone with it but first you dip in in the toilet so when you stab someone with it the stab gets infected and then they super die so i bet someone got killed by a papercut before, i bet you it has happened

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

interwhat posted:

here I thought getting one inbetween my fingers once was bad, gently caress

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
With paper, not in a long time. But I work foodservice and aluminum foil cuts are worse.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

here I thought getting one inbetween my fingers once was bad, gently caress

Yep those suck.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
how do you never get a papercut?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

interwhat posted:

I did this at work probably 12 years ago and now have a permanent corneal abrasion

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I did this at work probably 12 years ago and now have a permanent corneal abrasion

You get on workman's comp?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

You get on workman's comp?

No I was young and dumb

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Oh man, I woulda played that poo poo up. I'M BLIND! HELP! OH MY GOD. Neck brace, sunglasses, cane & dog in court. Face the wrong way.

Shoulda worn safety glasses.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

how do you never get a papercut?

I've never got one I dunno. I'm more surprised by people in this thread saying they've gotten one before. I was a 90s kid so maybe papers were less sharp like one poster here said

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Smugworth posted:

The paper was more dangerous back then. Paper has been getting thinner every year since 1900, but during the 70s-90s paper was the optimal thickness to shred human skin. Nowadays, the paper we write on is so thin it's essentially tissue paper and can't hold an edge.

This is why the younger generation is so soft, IMHO. No papercuts to the eyeball to toughen them up.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

SAY YOHO posted:

But I work foodservice and aluminum foil cuts are worse.

I've cut my finger on the serrated cutter of the box. Stupid injuries like that make me feel like a drat fool when I just wanted some aluminum foil.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
The pain was pretty bad, and it was shocking knowing immediately what was done. But being in 6th grade I just played it off and kept that eye shut for the rest of the next day or two. The miniscus or whatever the outer layer heals extremely fast. I could see the cut right through it.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
cardboard cuts are the worst of all because they're always jagged and poo poo and take forever to heal

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
No, but I got covered by paper once. It was terrifying

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Big Scary Owl posted:

I've never got one I dunno. I'm more surprised by people in this thread saying they've gotten one before. I was a 90s kid so maybe papers were less sharp like one poster here said

Well you jinxed it. I will never say what injuries I have never had for fear of them coming to pass.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I got a cardboard cut last week opening up my case of beer. It was quite painful.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I once saw a man get paper dismembered.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I thought it was a lie, a tall tale

I have a new primal fear now

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The kids these days will never know the simple joy of flipping through a Hustler each turn of the page a gamble. Are you gonna get off? Are you gonna slice the poo poo out of your finger? Maybe you’ll do both? Who knows?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

SAY YOHO posted:

Well you jinxed it. I will never say what injuries I have never had for fear of them coming to pass.

I've actually tried giving me a paper cut a few times in the past just to see how it felt like but it never worked

brb gonna try it again

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Scary Owl posted:

I've actually tried giving me a paper cut a few times in the past just to see how it felt like but it never worked

brb gonna try it again

You can't try to get a paper cut you dumb gently caress.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I got a paper cut on my scrote once

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You can't try to get a paper cut you dumb gently caress.

How come?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dick Fontaine posted:

The kids these days will never know the simple joy of flipping through a Hustler each turn of the page a gamble. Are you gonna get off? Are you gonna slice the poo poo out of your finger? Maybe you’ll do both? Who knows?

One time when I was looking at a Hustler as a teen there was a page that was just a closeup of a vagina and someone had cut a slit in the page

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got a paper cut,
On my butt,
Fuckin on,
A secretary slut
She hadn’t heard,
Of a computer,
Her filing cabinet
Was on my pooter