Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love that NZ is so small I’ve seen Madeline Sami in 3 different things without even trying (OMFD, NZ Bake-off, and Taskmaster NZ)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I’ve gotta say, seeing the BTS stuff is bringing back some of my positive feelings about the show. i’m rewatching s2 and while my criticisms of it have not changed, i’m able to enjoy the things i did like about it a little more.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

https://vxtwitter.com/v_vico_ortiz/status/1723022962285039821

https://vxtwitter.com/ofmdcrew/status/1723415210436763781

That’s a wrap! from Kristian Nairn/Wee John’s insta:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzhLfXutWcC/

Is there a way to get TikTok videos to embed here? Leslie Jones is posting things and will post more soon:

https://www.tiktok.com/@lesdoggggg/video/7300293046195866923

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

HOLY gently caress posted:

I’ve gotta say, seeing the BTS stuff is bringing back some of my positive feelings about the show. i’m rewatching s2 and while my criticisms of it have not changed, i’m able to enjoy the things i did like about it a little more.

cute poo poo

This, grudgingly. I really adore these characters and the actors behind them, it just sucks how it all shook out in the writing. Ty for posting these, I've seen a lot but not all and they all rule.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

https://vxtwitter.com/sambaschutte/status/1724515799745077394

https://youtu.be/2eeUq9CIw1Q?si=gyoA44ubVrdxjVTR

Samba Schutte is a treasure :3:

edit: holy poo poo

HOLY FUCK fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 15, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Samba Schutte is a treasure :3:

edit: holy poo poo

He is! :kimchi:

Also, wtf, Bronson

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

It looks like Ned's becoming the Season 2 equivalent of Calico Jack with a growing number of rabid fans despite only being in one episode and likely dying at the end of it

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

That is a WILD acting instinct and I salute him for it.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Samba Schutte hosted a live online cooking class a few days ago and dropped some little extras and other things about Season 2, including scenes that got cut:

-Episode 6/Calypso's Birthday was actually supposed to be Lucius and Pete's wedding. Ed and Stede were supposed to dance to Etta James' "At Last" and Stede gets a makeover from the crew
-Jim/Oluwande/Archie were going to be explicitly shown as a polycule with a scene where all three of them come out of their cabin in just boxer shorts
-Ed/Stede thumb war was improvised
-Buttons is shown on a rope leash in the beginning of the season because he kept trying to run away to the sea (:smith:)
-Ricky made Spanish Jackie eat a nose from the nose jar :gonk:
-Roach made the same sandwich for Blackbeard when he got kicked off the ship that he made for Izzy when he got whacked in the head with it in S1 (Dry bread with pickle and jerky)
-There was supposed to be an official podcast that didn't happen due to the strikes
-Cut scene where Roach tells Ned Low he's a big fan and Ned says "I like this one, torture him a little more" (I love how thrilled Roach looks during the entire torture scene)
-Roach flipping Izzy off at the funeral was improvised and an affectionate gesture

Here's the thread this info comes from but I wanted to save you all from going on the hellsite (and also for people who don't have accounts since you can't see anything past the original tweet):

https://vxtwitter.com/OFMDCrew/status/1725938159416975714

An interview with Con O'Neill came out today on TVInsider:

‘Our Flag Means Death’ Star Con O’Neill Addresses Izzy’s Ending: ‘I Loved Playing Him’

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This OFMD shower curtain is a delight! (Same design can be on SO MANY things, from socks to laptop sleeves)

https://www.reddit.com/r/OurFlagMeansDeath/comments/187vyzr/a_lovely_crewmate_who_bought_one_of_my_blackbeard/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just started watching Our Flag Means Death, on Season 2 now and this show is so loving amazing and funny. The best part is that I went into season 1 knowing absolutely nothing other than it was pirate themed.

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
That's honestly the best way to experience it!

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

yeah same when i first watched it. i thought it was just a kinda quirky and goofy pirate show. was about to put it down after the first episode, but thought what the hey, im bored, and kept watching.

end of season 1 im sitting there bawling my eyes out all like blackbeard noooooo!!!!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Natroga posted:

That's honestly the best way to experience it!
Worked for me!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

That's why I was a little on the vague side for the OP after hearing that from numerous people.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it :unsmith:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yup, same. Went in thinking I was gonna watch a Pirate show maybe similar to What We Do In The Shadows or something.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Yup, same. Went in thinking I was gonna watch a Pirate show maybe similar to What We Do In The Shadows or something.
Me too. I expected funny. I didn't expect riveting and full of heart.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Some real good OFMD merch here:

https://lupinehoney.com/products/blackbeards-bar-and-grill-sweatshirt

The 3-Stede/3-Blackbeard shirts are so good, too.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jet Jaguar posted:

Some real good OFMD merch here:

https://lupinehoney.com/products/blackbeards-bar-and-grill-sweatshirt

The 3-Stede/3-Blackbeard shirts are so good, too.

Well I know what I’m buying

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'd love a season 2 flag or something with that design (the one that's on Frenchie's awesome coat) but I've never seen an HQ rendering of it anywhere.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 31, 2023

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i didnt even realize s2 was out til it was over because HBO Max is king of failing to promote poo poo when it should. someone watched s1 of something 4x over? s2's out? nah m8 put out more that sex and the city movie and sopranos reruns into the recs w/e that's definitely something the "watched Our Flag Means Death a bunch" market wants

loved s2 despite its obvious faults from being rushed; Zheng Yi and Auntie were great additions that were done dirty by the compressed season

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Welp. :smith:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1744824253046804791

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Hi everyone,

Showrunner David Jenkins has posted on his instagram that Our Flag Means Death has been cancelled.

Here's a screenshot for people having trouble loading it (shows up without text on some mobile broswers if you don't have insta:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Doublepost because I'm understandably kind of upset:

Despite the fact that I think Season 2 had a LOT of problems, I do still love the show overall and wanted to see where a Season 3 would go, especially because it was originally planned to last three seasons. Now I guess we know why Season 2 felt so final, and I'm even more annoyed than before that we didn't even get a full 10 episodes. I hope we get to find out what was going to happen (personally I think Stede and Ed would've almost immediately gotten bored with the inn thing and gone back to pirating in like two weeks but that's just me)

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I was just coming here to see if the news was already shared, and I'm very bummed it got the ax. Agree, s2 had a lot of issues but overall it was still a lovely, good time and something I really looked forward to watching.

MAX is getting worse than Netflix about canceling good shows.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm sad about the cancellation but also felt that s2 was a pretty big dip in quality.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:suicide:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Season 2 blew and I thought a lot of the choices they made were bad. It was still nice that it tried to do so much. Took a lot of swings, a lot of which missed but always prefer that to not taking any.

Would have liked to see how they could right the ship in a season 3, but at the very least we'll always have the splendor that is season one.

And this show definitely succeeded in making pirates gay and that's great.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Season 2 was great through to episode 6, it was only the ending that messed it up, and it's pretty clear that they guessed it was cancellation time and speedran things.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still really loved all of the characters and how ultra gay this show was.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I am so bummed not to be spending more time with this cast and crew.

I think there are a lot of issues with season two, but so many of them can be chalked up to the incredibly reduced time and budget. You can sorta hear the narrative tires squeal as they take the show around the curves.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I know they had to do massive rewrites too, i’m sure that didn’t help

Going to watch Calypso’s Birthday after work today, my favorite episode of s2 :unsmith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Please consider signing and/or sharing this! This renewal campaign has been working REALLY hard for months and they're not giving up now. I know not everyone thinks that campaigns like this are effective or worthwhile but signing things is fun and also you'd make me happy, okay??

Petition to Renew Our Flag Means Death

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Signed. I hope it means something.

One last season isn't out of the question if another streamer gives a poo poo.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Signed. I hope it means something.

One last season isn't out of the question if another streamer gives a poo poo.

Thank you :glomp:

42,018 signatures so far! The petition has also been shared outside of fan communities as well, with Jemaine Clement and Lynda Carter (!!!!) to name a few

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Dang, disappointing but not surprising imo. I'm really quite glad a lot of folks seemed to like season 2 more than I did, but I honestly went back to the first season briefly afterwards to see if I actually liked the show to begin with.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

oh my god hahahahaha

https://vxtwitter.com/astroglide/status/1747321003397800155

edit: lmfao they’ve posted about the show multiple times now including fanart.

HOLY FUCK fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 17, 2024

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

42,018 signatures so far! The petition has also been shared outside of fan communities as well, with Jemaine Clement and Lynda Carter (!!!!) to name a few

I did my part. I'd like to see the show breathe a little more. And hear the wooden boy voice again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Kristian Nairn is bringing back Wee John Wednesday (Monday this time) onhis Insta Lives since s2 is going to start airing in the UK. I managed to catch a couple of the ones he did for s1 last year and they were a lot of fun (the one with Leslie Jones was my favorite)!

https://x.com/kristiannairn/status/1754280443522764871