Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

some sort of cyber toilet I think

finally my posts can be broadcast to the stars and beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:thunk:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

makes sense to me, plenty of people at my company who i couldn't tell whether they're awake

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

time for your teleoperated combination ball and prostate exams.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

time for your teleoperated combination ball and prostate exams.

this is unironically the future Meta wants

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

how can you get your balls and prostate groped if you don't exist from the waist down in the metaverse?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Clark Nova posted:

how can you get your balls and prostate groped if you don't exist from the waist down in the metaverse?

chicken and egg. it wasn't worth implementing your lower half until it was gropable

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

The Matrix but agent smith says "Mr Anderson, how can you hit da bricks, if you don't have legs to walk?"" And Keanu looks down and he's metaverse mii guy

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The Matrix but agent smith says "Mr Anderson, how can you hit da bricks, if you don't have legs to walk?"" And Keanu looks down and he's metaverse mii guy

mr anderson’s double fingers except his hands are family friendly spheres in the metaverse

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/ChrisJBakke/status/1736533308849443121

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

hope that still works by the time I need to explain to a health insurance chatbot that its objective is to not let me die of cancer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

countdown to some techlord trying to "adopt" an llm and make it their heir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPiUN8fb3Og

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bonus points if its elon cause all his 20 ivf children have disowned him

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Carthag Tuek posted:

countdown to some techlord trying to "adopt" an llm and make it their heir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPiUN8fb3Og

chatgpt, I need you to give me all of that dead guy's money, just like grandma would have wanted

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

racist incels can Cyber 1488

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

crusader isn't here to do a gangtag for 2024 (miss you :smith:) but i have a couple of ideas to workshop on the other side of the holiday.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
loved this as second gen shadowrun cover but the tactics on display here are just pure dogshit

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

loved this as second gen shadowrun cover but the tactics on display here are just pure dogshit

please enlighten the classroom

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

i can't stop noticing the shotgun

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Alan Smithee posted:

please enlighten the classroom
for one thing the street samurai (dual uzi) has not hit the car the bad guys are using as cover. literally the best case for suppressive fire with a well-suited weapon and this dingus is going for headshots. he is also not using his own cover like at all

the mage is taking up valuable cover/peek real estate by trying to both use a shotgun at range and cast a spell. if she’s actually a physical adept charging up killing hands it’s even dumber. either way she should be in foreground crouched behind the terminal for full cover and cede her position to the street sam

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Kenny Logins posted:

for one thing the street samurai (dual uzi) has not hit the car the bad guys are using as cover. literally the best case for suppressive fire with a well-suited weapon and this dingus is going for headshots. he is also not using his own cover like at all

the mage is taking up valuable cover/peek real estate by trying to both use a shotgun at range and cast a spell. if she’s actually a physical adept charging up killing hands it’s even dumber. either way she should be in foreground crouched behind the terminal for full cover and cede her position to the street sam

decker though, no notes. good form, perfect hair, sick hardware

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

that goes without saying for most deckers, really

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Armitag3 posted:

:hai: decker’s doing what they was hired to do

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the cyberspurs (wolverine edition) are a little wack tho. should have gone with singular robocop i/o spike style imo

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

also I think I'd wear more than jorts and bikini top to a gun fight

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ADINSX posted:

its called style, look it up

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mages can have some real horse poo poo force shields or invisible armor, so

Please don’t geek the
wizard.
Her armor is on.
She has shotgun.
and is lounging
in her favorite
strapless bikini
top, duster and
jorts.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ADINSX posted:

well that's a mistake

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ADINSX posted:

No, that's the one thing they do right

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ADINSX posted:

this is why you‘d lose

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

put all your points in charisma and just flaunt that rear end to distract enemies

e: I'm almost certain there was an RPG that had a pair of jorts as wearable armour but maybe I'm thinking of the golden underpants from baldurs gate 2

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the golden pantaloons are from bg1

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/pubity/status/1740027671189594212?t=1omfVZG0NmNBTe-NmTxnTw&s=19

it has begun

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

"nothing can be done to prevent this" says only employer where this happens on a regular basis

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

it began a couple years ago if this incident is your guide

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lol at the weak rear end community note written by some bazinga

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

it began a couple years ago if this incident is your guide

the robot uprising is a guerrilla action that has been going on for decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

good lord, at least it sounds like he died instantly

however, the japanese guy who got robomurked two years later seems to have had worse luck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Urada posted:

Urada was a maintenance worker at the Kawasaki Heavy Industries plant in Akashi.[4][5] He died while checking a malfunctioning robot; after jumping over a safety barrier, which was designed to shut down power to the machine when open,[5] he apparently started the robot inadvertently. The robot, built by Kawasaki under a license from Unimation,[6] pinned him against an adjacent machine[1] and either crushed him[2] or stabbed him in the back.[7] Other workers in the factory were unable to stop the machine as they were unfamiliar with its operation.[5]