Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's 2023 and due to cable tv apps being crummy streams, the countdown was off. this wouldn't have happened if they were able to digitize dick clark

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

gee, that's so demanding!

:dadjoke:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*pizzles thoroughly*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

cybersunk………….cost fallacy?

I got nothin

cyberclunk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

upthread a bit, but 2023 is when arasaka gets nuked by johnny silverhand, but we already had a cyberpunk 2077-inspired tag when the game came out a few years ago so i dunno

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fiction_set_in_2023

hmm, i forgot perfect dark is in 2023

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

the 2077 themed tag was from 2017, when it was announced

oh poo poo, you're right! between that game's terrible release and the pandemic my sense of time is completely destoryed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pmchem posted:

hit me with a '23 tag please

patch me into the new year

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HamAdams posted:

taking my metamucil so i can be fiberpunk

two scoops post-human cyber wan

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

help me "Ben" Kenobi with 3d glasses #691138. you're my only hope!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

can't have the handles freeze shut if there's no handles

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they're replacing colonoscopies, too?!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

big scary monsters posted:

i'm surprised to learn that google screens ai text given that that's every search results they provide me except reddit, wikipedia and stackoverflow

i was trying to look up comparisons on video compression a few weeks ago and it was an exercise in frustration because every site was ML soup descriptions of the formats, then a plug for an overpriced and incredibly generic ui slapped on what was presumably ffmpeg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ddg kinda started to crush it by not being as well-tuned/gamable, as well as having bang shortcuts to outright redirect and search on various sites instead of coaxing google into doing it for you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

i would probably pay for ffmpeg. its unironically the most useful tool i use for production stuff

heck, i'd pay for it even though all i do is rencode stuff for personal use. i should make donations to them and handbrake

infernal machines posted:

it's almost mind boggling the transcoding/resizing stuff i can do from the command line with a prebuilt windows binary, which is 99% of the things i need to do with video in general.

and that it works on a range of platforms, no less

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the seat backs look like a futuristic coffin liner. are we sure those aren't meant for the cybertrukk?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one confused by that. do they do it for, like, checking on toddlers as an extension of a baby cam setup?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

omg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maybe the table consistently disrupts the signal enough it can't see them

it could be an error in the image creation, the person behind the table has recognized legs in the left image. the right one depicts a floating head and hand by the sitting person, too, which isn't in the left image

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ha, yeah, i started to look for how many wifi sources they used and then thought 'eh, i'm not reading all this'

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 19, 2023

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

holy poo poo you're right. now i want a cyberpunk-themed funeral

imagine crashing your own funeral as a headroom-esque chatbot in the condolences line :allears:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

that looks like stable diffusion

if it's tesla it's more often unstable diffusion

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Alan Smithee posted:

The ratmobile

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

in case of upgrade, brakes glass

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Alan Smithee posted:

CHATGPT write me a story about how long is an amazon pee break in the style of Tolkien

Once.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://twitter.com/beetlemoses/status/1619817683222167552

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

is that some kind of diamond dog?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

meanwhile in the musk compound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4orTvfvdz8

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I refuse to believe that boot cut jeans are coming back though

same. my partner bought some and i felt like it was a prank on me, but seeing you say it now i feel like it's a prank on everyone

Sagebrush posted:

Not particularly fun fact: if you look for glasses frames on Amazon and eBay, the wire aviator with clear lenses not unlike yours is now being sold as "Dahmer glasses," presumably because of the show that just came out. I hate it. I hate the idea that people watched it and thought "drat that guy looks good." I hate all media about serial killers.

the only interesting one (to me) was mindhunter and netflix nuked it before covering btk, which would have been an interesting way to skip and show the way the fbi evolved their approach between his emergence and his capture. i guess he wasn't sexy enough for the swooning subscribers

i have not watched the dahmer one and have no interest to

Sagebrush posted:

I'm stoked about the current fashion because it means I can be in style wearing elliptical gold glasses like my professional idol, Dr. Henry Jones Jr., Ph.D

i had an art history prof that dressed like professor jones and, frankly, it was an awesome look

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

it's as though they were in style in the 90s!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

quirky reply guy but old is so so sad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

this is Troy and abed in the dreamatorium in the hit tv show Community

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:thunk:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i did and it replied with 🗡️😡

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i didn't really ask because i'm a bit afraid it'll falsely accuse me of federal crimes to distract me from a reply where it thinks fjdjssudj fly east for the winter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Alan Smithee posted:

maybe he'd be fulljack with bigger arms