Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

2023 is the year of the grey goo - the cybergunk if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Carthag Tuek posted:

2017 was like a decade ago

no that's wrong. 1996 was a decade ago

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

can we just ban all this poo poo please

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

they'll put DRM in the charging cable so standard cables will fit but just not work

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

and there will be 5 different partially-compatible variations of it before the car is even launched

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

i didn't even say anything because i truly did not know how to respond. what he was doing feels absolutely wrong, but i can't exactly elucidate why.

"computer, do my homework for me" is cheating no matter how you try and spin it.

they're not "exploring new means of information summarisation" or "accessing automated means of machine-assisted collaboration" or any of the other wank people are trying to dress it up as. they're handing in work they didn't do themselves and hoping you wouldn't notice.

if you're conflicted then ask the student "did you get chatgpt to write this?" and see if they try and hide it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

just buy a black karate gi three sizes too big and a pair of ski goggles

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ambassador for the JNCO nation in formal attire.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

also he has four fingers and a thumb and not two fingers two thumbs and a toe

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

any device or service i paid money for should have precisely zero ads on it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

le me, browsing the G-SHOCK site I already have two of the Metal Face G-SHOCK pieces, I could never want a third

the site: https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000tcc-1er

gently caress!

• £1600

poo poo, gently caress!!

pretty sure you can buy that in Argos for £19.99

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A VIDEO GAME INTERPRETATION OF THE FILM SCORE BY VANGELIS

in an era where film studios didn't give a poo poo about tie-in games and sold the license to anyone who asked, the game studio was still too cheap...

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Dijkstracula posted:

I hope it's a proprietary disk drive / peripheral port

it's two "microdrives" - mini endless loop tape cartridges which sinclair was obsessed with at the time, and notorious for being unreliable crap

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

2023 Polestar Synergy Concept - I mean it's no CYBERTRUCK but still...

ok, who agreed to hire Aperture Science to design the car?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i know one bar was adrenaline and made them walk fast, and one was something to do with how alert they were so they'd start shooting immediately if attacked. don't remember what the other one way. who cares you just drag them all up

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i tried playing through the DOS version about 10 years ago, but got soft-locked by a weird bug where it would only let me do one particular mission next, and the target never showed up so the mission was unwinnable.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Armitag3 posted:

liam gibson read it. this plot has k dick written all over it

if it's PKD then the book will be called something like Closing Down Sale At The Cyber Warehouse, and it was probably made into a movie called Cerebral Disclosure

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

everything from "and they do sex stuff up there as well" is very obviously a joke