Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this from?

new armored core game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

it’s really loving weird to walk into a store like h&m and see graphic t’s with “vintage” britney spears and christina aguilera art on them. plus there is a ton of simpsons stuff that probably would have been extremely uncool to wear in the actual 90s

I absolutely loathe shopping for clothes because i have no sense of style or identity and i have perpetual anxiety about people perceiving me as being part of any particular subculture

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 11, 2023

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Chris Knight posted:

for dudes anyway imo you can't go wrong with regular Levi's for jeans and some shirts from like The Gap or Uniqlo for pure MOR laziness.

yeah I recently discovered uniqlo, has a lot of great just normal clothes without logos or slogans on them

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I haven’t actually, you’re right. so i don’t get the reference :[

edit: just looked up the synopsis and lol

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 11, 2023

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

every time i read “boot cut jeans” in this thread i hear it in this voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tslWgw5jQwA

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the only ads I get on my roku tv are on the home screen and they’re still banners for new shows or movies that are on roku streaming. it’s probably the least annoying or invasive

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

these phosphors take too long to glow!!!!

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

how does it work when there’s different lights per lane and they aren’t always the same color? oh yeah it wouldn’t work at all because it’s a stupid idea and fake

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

it reminds me of the inspector gadget car from the cartoon

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

big scary monsters posted:

sorry, i thought you were talking about just two filters together blocking light. adding the third one is what makes it really strange imo

it’s been a while since I’ve seen the video but I think it’s a demonstration of actual quantum effects or something right :drugnerd:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Beeftweeter posted:

i would be so mad if i had to look at that all the time

turn on your monitor

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

black and white was a lot of fun, we got a new family computer right around when it came out so I got to play it on highest settings. one time I left it running overnight just to see what would happen and my creature just pooped all over the village. in retrospect it was kinda hosed up how you could beat the poo poo out of it as a form of discipline

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

that hallway tom cruise chased his eyeballs down

you mean mario and toad

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what’s really neat is that type of memory that I forget the name of, but is essentially a big loop of wire with a repeater at the end that just keeps transmitting the same signal over and over again so it can store a few bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

haveblue posted:

roles get recast all the time in movies, tv, and video games, but I don't think it's happened that a role was recast and the production tried to keep it a secret and gaslight everyone into not noticing

george mcfly in bttf2 did this. they got a prosthetic mask to make the new actor look like an aged crispin glover. he ended up suing and won, and the resulting verdict was the beginning of protected likeness clauses