Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

RokosCockatrice posted:

sometimes libav adds a bunch of padding to the beginning and end of lines in a video frame and i have not been able to google a compelling reason why

presumably some kind of insane compatibility reasons so you can still play divxs on your ps2 and all those weird disc-based players from the 2000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

misspawned child processes into miracles

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If you follow fashion even slightly you'll know MSCHF who recently did the Astro Boy BIG RED BOOTS; they've just dropped their next weird piece:

https://i.imgur.com/J6SImza.mp4

when is elon gonna buy that dude out and market a CYBERCROC

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

omg

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
your biological neural network will be emulated and live on forever in the Full Self-Posting 1.0 system

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
sounds like a molydeux pitch, sheesh

anyway sam altman delenda est

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

its kinda neat how everybody's motherboard is really a bunch of RF transmission lines now

i'll bite and would enjoy your exposition on this because i don't fully understand

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

haveblue posted:

(cool poo poo)

e: I remember the rule of thumb being that light travels about nine inches per nanosecond (one clock tick at 1Ghz)

dope, and also that framing is pretty amusing. light: slow as poo poo

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

infernal machines posted:

gently caress, even in the future everything is javascript

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

good lord, at least it sounds like he died instantly

however, the japanese guy who got robomurked two years later seems to have had worse luck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenji_Urada posted:

Urada was a maintenance worker at the Kawasaki Heavy Industries plant in Akashi.[4][5] He died while checking a malfunctioning robot; after jumping over a safety barrier, which was designed to shut down power to the machine when open,[5] he apparently started the robot inadvertently. The robot, built by Kawasaki under a license from Unimation,[6] pinned him against an adjacent machine[1] and either crushed him[2] or stabbed him in the back.[7] Other workers in the factory were unable to stop the machine as they were unfamiliar with its operation.[5]