Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sagebrush posted:

why doesn't this one have a subtitle

Nothing funny has happened yet in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I’m getting a little tired of cyberpunk and hope that this is the year of cyberfunk

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Predicting now that 2023 will be the year of cybercrunk and the triumphant return of the crunk genre

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

git apologist posted:

i tried playing this game once but got such intense douche chills from that sunglasses guy i had to turn it off and go outside after a couple of hours

Nanh it rules

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

holy poo poo you're right. now i want a cyberpunk-themed funeral

Either way, you were gone, with nothing left of you but some vague memory in the mind of a fixture like Ratz, though heart or lungs or kidneys might survive in the service of some stranger with New Yen for the clinic tanks.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Midjack posted:

a more lasting impact than i'm likely to leave.

I was in a church in England and I guess back in the day if you were really important they’d bury you under the stone floor and put your marker in the floor itself. There was a grave of a baby that only lived a few months in the 1500s and we’re still reading their grave stone, I think about that a lot

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Honestly seems like a letdown. The president wasn't even home and the GDI wasn't dissolved or anything

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

haveblue posted:

plato’s mancave

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

if i wanted an actual gun design, berettas always looked way cooler to me. like, pick pretty much any model. glocks are ugly

but since you can make it look like whatever you want?

hell yeah. or tos type 2, even

The slide is part of a kit you can buy which is the most distinctive part of the pistol's design. In America only the receiver is the actual firearm, everything else can be ordered by mail, doesn't have serial numbers, etc etc.

A guy in the video though printed a glock receiver with testicles hanging off the trigger guard, so that's an option

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Midjack posted:

you might want to forget about forgotten weapons, ian has been going out of his way to cozy up to white supremacists and transphobes over the last several months to a degree that can't be dismissed solely as "he has to deal with these jerks because they're the ones with the cool gear".

Genuinely disappointing, but not surprising given that he was wearing a shirt in a range video that made reference to Selous Scouts at one point. It didn't directly call them out, but it was their logo and I thought "someone like Ian really should know what that means". Well, maybe he did

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

so i've never heard of the selous scouts, i googled them. read some of the wikipedia page, now i know, etc etc etc

what floored me was all the pages - all the results i saw from a google search other than wikipedia - praising how "hardcore" they were and poo poo. really did not expect to see pro-rhodesia poo poo in 2023 but here we are. i knew that shitbirds were using rhodesian camouflage as a dog whistle so i shouldn't be surprised, but

It was a real wake up call to me when I learned what the Cold War actually was: imperialists powers desperately beating down third world nations. All you have to say is a group is “Soviet backed” and it’s a green light for any atrocity you can imagine regardless of the actual goals of the group (like fighting for their freedom against oppressors)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I’m one of those left wing gun guys

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

cats eventually find the darts and then shred them to bits. i can't recommend it.

I used to shoot those little plastic disks out of a toy gun at my roommates cat. They can’t shred those

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I vote yes, remove the poop person

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

This is a good article and it’s genuinely incredible to me that they’ve spent 36 billion on recreating the “internet as a 3d mall” fad in the 90s. Like, it’s unbelievable, if I were in academia I’d try and write a paper on it

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I just bought a schott 618, can confirm

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/Weird Al voice If I ever meet you I'll CTRL-ALT-DELETE you

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTPNaUsjksM

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

not gonna lie fighting taser drones in school would have made me the man im not today

At least our cyberpunk future is providing the next generation plenty of low level enemies like taser drones and boston dynamics quadrupeds to grind on so they can level up before taking on the school shooter and homicidal truck driver mobs

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 12, 2023

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Weird my credit cards don’t work either because of that song

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

That futurama joke where the computer also opens the calendar to Friday and orders some French fries when they’re talking about Fry

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

WendGPT

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

:suspense:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

echinopsis posted:

“what’s the gang up to today?” people would ask rhetorically when they got home from work and immediately put on the tv to catch up on the docu drama comedy known to their fans as “that piece of poo poo show”

We already have the opening credit sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbWUhUYBTqI

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

That was supposed to be the version with the guy saying “yeahhhhhhhh” but I’m not going to edit it

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Post show production company logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHyE_wBpdUg

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

It's weird to think that we've only had music at our fingertips for what, like 70 years (just a made up date I realize the phonograph is older than that but I'm sure all that early tech was rare)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Dang that’s cool

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Put a cone up on the hood?
Yup
Call the cops to see what’s good?
Nope

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

A lot of missiles get past the satellites in those first few gifs :ohdear:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

This reminds me of the first chapter of snowcrash, which is incredible. Unlike the rest of snowcrash, which is awful

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Pentagon Scientists Discuss Cybernetic 'Super Soldiers' That Feel Nothing While Killing In Dystopian Presentation

Cool, where do I apply for the job of smoking weed all day and watching ghost in the shell and coming up with garbage like this?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

some sort of cyber toilet I think

finally my posts can be broadcast to the stars and beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

also I think I'd wear more than jorts and bikini top to a gun fight