Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
they made a ghost dog:the way of the samurai tabletop rpg ( https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/classic/rev_4948.phtml )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i always liked the detail that pris was born (excuse me, incepted) on feb 14

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

these are accoutrements of millennials.
:barf:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
good glasses, worn well

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:wotwot:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
always love the notion that coming up with oddball ideas is the hard part of writing when in fact it is the easiest

every professional writer i know has notebooks and filing cabinets full of half-formed ideas

the hard part is taking one of those ideas and developing and polishing it into something presentable

being able to do that is the dividing line between being an actual professional writer and not someone who just daydreams about writing things sometimes (e.g. me)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/neomechanica/status/1662896521782915073

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

needs a huge spoiler
ok

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Crazy Achmed posted:

rad, but too many arms. would be much better with just one pair that are much larger and mimic your own movement, so you can punch things while yelling "robot punch!"
current configuration carries a high risk of summoning a wise-cracking webslinger to fight you when used

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

idk who that guy is but the name is vaguely familiar, lil help?
poster who was, among other things, this threads op

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Alan Smithee posted:

do you sleep with a 3 year battery? :smug:
i sleep in a big lithium-ion battery with my wife

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rowkey bilbao posted:

they could have made it interesting by tracking a single person moving in the room and doing some parallax tricks but nope, it's a big gif
the big videoconference screens in my office buildings conference rooms show soothing environmental footage as screensavers and they are very pretty to look at but at no point was i under any impression that i was actually looking out a window at the waves crashing on malibu beach or the sun setting on the serengeti

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

"millisecond"?? wtf. oh you mean a half light kilometer.
nanofurlongs per hogshead

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i vaguely recall reading a proposed explanation for the max headroom video hack - there was a high school in the chicago area whose magnet/career program was tv production, local tv stations would sometimes donate tv equipment that was obsolete and about to be disposed of (for the tax writeoff), one old camera was donated with the stations broadcast card still installed and live, one of the bright kids in the a/v program noticed this and told their friends, someone still had the max headroom mask from their halloween costume, and a plan started to form...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

some sort of cyber toilet I think

turn your monitor on