Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sure sounds good (or bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

way ahead of u

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tag me but only if you can do so without loving up my current setup

also missed opportunity for `Cyberpunk 2023 And Me` but all good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, also to surface all the 'cable didn't get quite plugged into the board' type issues. Neat

haveblue posted:

definitely. when we got our most recent TV we accidentally tipped the box over and it landed on its side with an extremely loud whack. put it back upright and finished unpacking and it's fine. and that's probably not even the most violent thing that happened to it across the logistics chain

god when i got my big LG OLED, i treated that thing like it was a nuclear warhead or something. i was so scared of dropping or breaking it. they're Too Thin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this 2022 tech is bullshit! my 2020 tech that i used to take a picture of this guy and make fun of him on the internet, though, that's the right amount of technology

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

my wife got me a drone like a year ago and i didn't even open it lol

i feel bad about it and really should but :effort:

batteries are probably ruined =/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean, i even pirate movies but no way would i fly a drone in nyc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/6thgrade4ever/status/1433519577892327424

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its supposed to be a compass yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

i always wanted a pair of jncos but my parents (my mom specifically) wisely pulled the "that shits too expensive, if we're paying you can wear levis, knock yourself out it you want to pay for it though" card

i did not, in fact, want to pay for it.

I was broke and wanted raver pants so i learned to sew and made my own out of carpenter jeans. i had a couple pairs that i made fatter by inserting panels from army BDUs. this added additional pockets; one pair i had was sporting a total of like 9 pockets. so many pill spots. too bad i was a SoBeR rAvEr

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
r/visiblemending is kind of on that tip, and it's a really wonderful and good

look how amazing this stuff is

moth ate sweater? no problem, add pigeons

very wabi sabi

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
in defense of modern smart tvs, i have an LG A2 (entry level oled) and i just use the hdmi ins and it doesnt push ads or anything. its just a big monitor for me.

that being said, they're hip to our game of buying Commercial Displays, and the modern CDs in the "double price, not 5x price" tier are all just smart TVs with corporate branded smart code, they're not the dumb hdmi yeeters you're dreaming of any more. that door is closed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Raluek posted:

my computer monitors throw up a dell logo during boot, so i dont see why its unreasonable for a tv to do the same thing. the big vizio V for a handful of seconds is fine, the receiver isnt even going to be warmed up for tens of seconds anyway

one of the funniest things to me is how youtube can't sync HDR mode on ads with the videos, so when i play a kpop song in 4k hdr, it spends 4.3 seconds of my tv's blank time trying to play a 5 second ad, i hit 'skip' and we go back to where we were. They don't exactly have a vise grip on this poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
now i want to make an amy klobuchar robot that just randomly whips shoes across the room and fails to eat a salad with a comb, shittyrobots style

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my switch goes into idle sleep and the HDMI input is then considered not valid by my stereo and it'll auto switch back to the last source (apple tv usually)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus was this invented by a cop?

Jokes aside, i briefly thought about getting Snuggies legally declared as clothing instead of bedding, because Denver banned houseless people having any kind of structure, shelter or bedding and i wanted to buy a bunch n pass em out, because hell, better than nothin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

it's done to prevent people from building ramshackle huts in parks and vacant lots so that they have somewhere warm to sleep.

i mean, ideally you don't want those because they're really unsafe and have a tendency to catch fire because they're trying to heat them with whatever they can find. but the solution is to provide housing rather than ban the make shift solutions folks come up with to make do

yeah but it also covers tents and blankets and such. obviously not hard coded + theres some leeway but

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
NoneMoreNegative - not just a username, also a bank account balance! :glomp:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love cars that have profile cuts / vents behind the front fenders.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

that's pretty cool but i feel like the bluetooth functionality to automatically set the clock is redundant when it can use shortwave. their "multi-band 6" thing owns

So i'm thinking of making a little 3d printed watch holder with a solenoid that's synced to :00 second pulses, so i can use my GPS NTP setup to set this pile of dumbwatches i'm building up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Sadly it's a cheapie little guy that just shits out serial, so i always have like 8-13 ms jitter as far as I can tell. I'd like to get one of those fancy schmancy ones with the PPS output and like 10^-8 precision or w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol what the _fuck_ that is so perfectly esoteric

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I picked up a 5600 with the reverse LCD and i'm not sure if i like it or not yet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

reverse lcd? inverted...?

infernal machines posted:

it turns out you can just rotate the polarizer 90° and charge extra

I have polarizer lenses for most of my webcams for streaming, because the monitor reflection on my glasses is hella distracting. since by definition all LCDs are throwing polarized light, you can just rotate the lens till the reflections disappear like maaaagic. it's cool

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah thats a nice fat contract to some shitbag company called Impact Systems or Professional Solutions Inc. they love that poo poo

like all those blue light camera towers in parking lots now? 100% contractor grift. My god i'd love to throw a dvr and a 4g radio and some cameras on a light trailer and invoice a grocery chain for $1000/month x number_of_stores

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/JanePNW/status/1674078445599436800

this is don hughes tier posting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Armitag3 posted:

this jane m has a lot of homeless based ideas

Gonna go pet my cat and put NHK World on now.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is the orb just basically a megawatt rear projection screen? like its not a bunch of LCDs in a sphere in a really hosed up weather system area i hope

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
right on those panels are pretty tough then

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
handful of $300 dji minis with those remote payload release thingys and some balloons full of paint

you only need em to fly once

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kenny Logins posted:

great news! she's also awful!

I'm not gonna post the abby shapiro meme because i know i absolutely will eat six for it, but you know how to find it if you know how to find it. lomfao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh, they're putting reflective material on those windows now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I was sitting next to a guy on the train that was using what looked like a ruggedised blackberry with no joke a terminal window open on it, or maybe something like irc chat? Idk. I can't decide if it was extremely cyberpunk or, because he was wearing short shorts, extremely terrible.

like a motorola MC or something?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

no, bigger. I swear to god it looked like he was running a terminal window in it because of how small the text on the screen was and the classic magenta and green on black scheme

is there a military UNIX combat division? it looked like what they'd use

e: ok I think it was this https://www.unihertz.com/products/titan-pocket

Running gently caress knows what

holy poo poo that page immediately started playing ringtones ive never closed a tab so fast

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh i use linux on the desktop, i am protected.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a solid swing on the slowest pitch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and you think the problem is regulations so you burn your nice yt income to the ground becoming a nut in real time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the latter. electroboom hasnt milkshake ducked yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
let it ride and we turn over a new leaf on new years eve imo