Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beeftweeter posted:

comrade gay spaceman reporting in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

2017 was like a decade ago

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yes, once you reach 50 you should be pigeonholed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:woop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

distortion park posted:

the future is arriving faster and faster https://arxiv.org/abs/2301.00250

"privacy-preserving" only in the same way that having an alexa in your bedroom is more private than someone hiding a mic there

not gonna read the paper but why are the wifi-based denseposes cut off in the same places as the furniture cuts off the image-based poses?

ie the second row, the middle guy is cut off in the first image because hes behind a table, that makes sense. but in the wifi-based pose, he is also cut off. i guess the sitting guys legs could possibly be mistaken for the chair but why would it not model the standing guys legs?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

has someone just pointed two AIs at each other and let them talk back and forth at 60,000 words per second and see what happens after like 2 weeks?

not exactly, but:
https://infiniteconversation.com/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

kinda depressing to think that that baby probably accomplished more in a few months than i have in my entire life so far. i sure as gently caress wouldn't get a church floor burial

eh, rich parents, basically a failbaby smh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this isnt a dig at you smithee but its weird how certain tweets tend to end up in every single thread in my sa bookmarks

ive seen that one in literally a dozen different threads over the last couple days

i suppose theres a cyberpunk quality to that, idk media bubble zeitgeist algorithmic collective unconscious something

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Alan Smithee posted:

I’m actually Aian Smithee

welp sorry i guess

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

golf clap

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cyberpunk 1958

https://twitter.com/WhoresofYore/status/1619435212177559552

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

effortless cool

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sagebrush posted:

i have glasses like that

i had similar ones in the late nineties. i did not look that cool at all and tbh i doubt anybody ever will.

also in general, 90s clip-on shades were so annoyingly heavy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RokosCockatrice posted:

That's not right, chatgpt and all large language models see plenty of gibberish and tune the conceptual value of this gibberish to zero during the learning process (rejecting it).

You can say that chatgpt doesn't understand "concepts" and it only works with "words", but it's not clear that concepts and the statistical interrelation of words (and more exactly, the structured, statistically weighted connections between words, phrases, sentences, and groups of sentences) is fundamentally different than a concept. To go further than harry potter, I can tell you about zorblots being bigger than zangos, and you only need words to form these concepts of two things that don't exist. There are no pictures, but does that mean blind people can't have concepts? Obviously you don't need to directly experience things to have a concept of them, as zorblots don't exist, so that can't be the reason why relations between words and concepts are different.

explicitly using it as input to your own research and synthesizing processes. This is something that seems obvious to me (so it's probably wrong), but if chatgpt was less full of poo poo (i.e. more than 90% right on factual issues), writing an on why everything is called postmodernism would be aided by asking chatgpt to write essays on A) what it thinks the answer to this questions is B) what the extent of things called postmodernism is C) What the history of these things are and why they took on this nomenclature etc etc. Using these as summaries to work from for your own research, and then dissecting it to build your own arguments, I think this would make your own work better.

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

is that from reddit or chatgpt? poes law etc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the only good use for ai in education would be to give students some ai prompts + output then have them go through whats wrong and why etc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

distortion park posted:

is the use of the phrasing "We're doing/building/using X" to describe something that you want to do but are not actually doing yet a recent innovation? I feel like it's a very startup turn of phrase

afaik they are actually doing it right now, but its error prone and labor intensive, so theyre looking for better algorithms & stuff

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its a different kind of racist!

this

i would like to see how the newfangled British Racist AI compares to the antiquated American Racist AI on certain terms, eg "Asian" or "Indian"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

or weird class poo poo, what happens with liek west end/coast? or "public" school

this is gonna be complete garbage, but it if they really train the AI on pure english no American, its gonna be glorious.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

someone said it elsewhere, but all these complete idiots rushing into the newest AI every time, it helps push back the general implementation of it for at least a couple years

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

more like GPChai amiright

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah it had offset audio but then I closed the video which turned out to be the top one, which was silent, and the bottom one was synced ok

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

poemdexter posted:

Welcome to Neo-Chic-Fil-A. Can I get a name for the order?

P0110 >õ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

õ< be gay do cybercrime

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

// max guys is 5 to avoid buffer overrun

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

of course, even in legal crime future cops are the worst

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

nokia p'zone

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

your oppression synth is a piece of poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

what on earth

she looks like shes in pain hunching like that with her arm out, its pretty cinematic "my arm... my ararrrmmmm" except i guess its an ad(?)

not very instilling of confidence

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Midjack posted:

there was a bar in the netherlands that would implant an rfid in your arm so you could pay for drinks without getting the pass out of your wallet at least 15 years ago.

im trying to think of a way to make that work economically

you got rent vat, margins are so thin & then hire some med student to do the thing gha thats it

i think you lose money twice as fast as a regular lovely bar

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RokosCockatrice posted:

If you happen to catch someone using apple pay, it's not smug, but there's this self-affectionate look that crosses their face, as if they really do like being part of the new, cultured civilization that is above using bills or cards.

After giving a credulous idiot a chip embedded in their arm that enabled some 2004 version of apple pay, there is no world in which they don't frequent your bar more regularly and more exclusively.

sure but you went out of business 8 years ago so idk how smug apple chip guy can buy stuff from you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Analytic Engine posted:

https://imgur.io/c6sYfgV

not sure how to embes imgur videos

use the url like so:

https://i.imgur.com/c6sYfgV.mp4

e: well I guess it's a gallery and not a single video and I'm on my phone so

or not even a valid link lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rofl guessed the song immediately

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

and yet my dad can't get his alexa to work for poo poo lmao

gently caress, did someone hear me?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

well this sucks

looks like someone is testing out a chatgpt bot on my danish genealogical society's forum

its of course a perfect non-answer

the thread is someone looking for information about a death in 1975

the reply (translated from danish w google) begins "Unfortunately, I cannot provide specific information on the exact places of death of the people you have mentioned, as my knowledge only goes up to September 2021 and I do not have access to individual personal data such as places of death and family relationship details in real time." and then suggests that the OP try asking genealogical societies

i assume they intend to graduate to spam if the bot goes under the radar

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

what am i looking at here

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Analytic Engine posted:

mapping video games to stable diffusion output in as close to realtime as possible

absolutely no time was spent on deflickering etc, this is a proof of concept live in the broswer

ah thx

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yes thats why they made the thing, intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beve Stuscemi posted:

if only there was a shitload of past evidence saying that this always happens every single time.

but alas

assuming we live to 2040 or so, its gonna be real weird talking to someone born after the internet wasnt there anymore. i remember looking up stuff in 20 volume encyclopedias and just leafing through and reading about Alert systems and Aleuts and Ale

they were my grandmas books. i miss her