Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Just because ridiculously elaborate prom invitations are a trend doesn't mean that they beat the direct approach of just asking the woman.

The prior comic considered that the “mature” approach, hence Jeremy’s concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

I tried to translate the panel in a way that'd make some sense in English, hence changing "oasis" into "resort"
Kellon ympäri pyörivä keidas = an oasis that's open all day long
Pyöriä = rotate/run/operate
Kellon ympäri = all day long/around the clock
Keidas = oasis, an old cliche term for advertising luxury resorts, shopping centers etc.
Kellon ympäri pyörivä keidas = an oasis that rotates around a clock

I think you could translate more directly as “an oasis that’s open around the clock” and have it work just fine.
First panel sets up the obvious metaphorical interpretation as “a relaxing place open all day long” and then the second panel takes it literally.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

I appreciate people with firm but not totally inflexible grammatical standards :allears:

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Selachian posted:

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 11/12-14/51

Ok, I’ve mostly been skipping this strip but I do appreciate that last one.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

At the beginning of 2023 I joked/asked about doing Doonesbury From Zero, because at that time someone was doing Blondie From Zero. If there's anyone who would like to see it come to fruition I'd be interested in finding a format that works for that. It's a much more traditional comic strip so a week's worth of Doonesbury From Zero would take up less screen space than my current three strips per day of SGR, and unlike SGR, Doonesbury has been going for over fifty years.

If folks would like, I'd be happy to start doing Doonesbury From Zero in 2024, but regardless, I'll keep doing the Scary Go Round archives.

I have some fond memories of reading my parents’ old Doonesbury collections, particularly the football gags—would hopefully be fun to revisit them as an adult! (“It’s amazing how much you can forget between seasons.”)