Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Happy new year, best thread!

A+J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

sling blade?

Some folks calls it a kaiser blade.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This Dustin storyline is vile!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What I didn't know is that "pole vaulting lessons" are a real thing. There's a place 12 minutes from my house, and I could sign up for a beginner class as soon as Monday for $40.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

readingatwork posted:

It’s the confirmation that Ed’s wife is actually exchanging photos that gets me. She’s not just putting a profile out there to manipulate her husband but actively flirting with people. Absolutely insane.

Maybe she'll actually sleep with someone and he'll actually do the class.

Then he hurts himself so badly she has to stay in the house to provide care and it ends with the two of them sitting alone in the bedroom staring at the wall like the end of The Graduate.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"Ed, if you don't stop vaultin' that pole, I have a set of shears at home. And each time you vault that pole, I'll take those shears and I take one of me fingers off with 'em. And I'll give that finger to ya until I have no fingers left."

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Any time I read one of the thread's translated comics and the poster just has to be like, "I did the best I could but this joke depends on both a deep understanding of 1980s Finnish pop culture and a pun based on a word that doesn't exist in English," I think of stuff like this as its equivalent.

A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wicked is not my favorite musical, but it's hard to argue that Defying Gravity isn't the best act break song ever written.

This has been your Broadway Opinion Moment.

A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

This one was kinda hard to translate. In norwegian "untidy room", "untidy drawer" or "untidy closet" is a term that means "a place you put stuff that don't belong in other places" but there doesn't seem to be an english term like that.

We have a "junk drawer," a "trash closet," and a "bonus room." That last one is actually my office and a sort of den, but it also has a giant pile of sewing crap and some unstrung ukuleles and a keyboard with no electrical plug.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

I was told once this little routine isn't really about trying out a bottle like you'd try a sample at an ice cream place. It's more about making the the bottle isn't skunked, and that basically nobody ever sends one back.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Dustin

Consolation prizes! :argh:

As a parent of school-aged kids, I can't tell you how much better it is for this change and field day just becoming a big outdoor activity party vs races and all the bigger kids getting stuck on tug-of-war. That all sucked! It's better now!

The sweet little ESL girl who showed up a month ago gets as many valentines with her name on them as everyone else! So does the kid with emotional difficulties who throws chairs and nobody feels comfortable around! You know what? That kid in my daughter's class 3 years ago got his meds sorted out and is just fine now! You know what he would definitely remember? Nobody giving him a loving valentine in 2nd grade when he was going through a hard time.

Being a kid can be so hard, man. Jesus. Just be nice and let the world be loving soft for like, a few extra years.

e: I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT THIS.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 9, 2023

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone should buy compu-toon.com and set it to just display a random computer screen from the comic.

Also, I love that of all comics compu-toon doesn't control its own URL or have a website. That mixed with the Black History Month comic (from January) where he had a picture of his mom showing that his main female character is 100% just his mom ... he's my webcomics grandpa and I like him quite genuinely.

A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"Sharp steel is the only way he'll learn!" I explain to my wife as I hack wildly at my 8-year-old son's totally unguarded throat.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J