Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
So I've been posting Solver by John Allison which, as Pancho Jueves said in the intro follows Lottie from Bad Machinery. Now 18 or 19 years old Lottie, after having been framed for murder in Allison's unfinished print series Wicked Things, has formed a business, Steel City Solvers, dedicated to solving problems people bring to them. Lottie is joined by her friend and Bad Machinery semi-regular Claire Little and new character Glenn Durgan. The series mostly takes place around Sheffield, the setting of Allison Giant Days comic and home of his own Alma Mater.

Solver runs M-W-F and Allison usually posts in groups of 22 page “issues”. Also while the badmachinery.com website is mainly used for the Solver series Allison uses it to post any of his side comics, like last years Giant Days x Batman crossover.

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Welcome back for a whole new year of comics! What will they be? Beyond the first week of April, I can’t tell you (because I don’t know) but until then, a two-part Solver story. It’s got a small amount of Dean Thompson – I would say, just enough.

If you’re a Patreon subscriber ($3 a month up), you can download the whole of part 1 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

We’ve yet to see the guardianship building come “under attack”. I’m not sure where the forces massed against it are hiding, When it all kicks off, I’m sure it’ll be like Attack On Titan. Carnage.

The breakfast that Lottie is describes is a popular dip in New Zealand. I’ve had it prepared for me and it is everything you would hope it would be, a dream in a bowl.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 featuring the return of what I call the “Multi-Grote”

John Allison posted:

The owners of Bean There are a mysterious pair, and I’m not sure that we’ll discover their inner lives any time soon.

Also: who is that handy man?

Zabaglione
Long Black

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

No one can idle with Claire on their case. She has a hummingbird’s metabolism and sees the world at twice the speed we do.

Now, here’s a reward for you just for sticking around. A bushbaby video. DId you know that bushbabies are primates? Well, you do now.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Re: this Dustin storyline, here's The Comics Curmudgeon take on it;

Josh Fruhlinger posted:

Dustin is still doing the “Dustin’s dad wants to do pole vaulting” “plot,” for a second week, which I’m reasonably sure is the longest I’ve ever seen it do a “plot,” and I feel like the way Dustin’s mom is reacting is kind of the key to why I hate this strip so much. Ever since she found out that Dustin’s dad wants do this, she’s been in a simmering fury, which I assume we’re supposed to understand is because, deep down, she loves her husband and is scared of him acting self-destructively, but we (and, presumably, her husband) never hear the “she loves her husband” part and instead she’s just immediately gone from zero to “HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME IN HELL THINKING ABOUT ME loving HOT YOUNG DUDES.” Which, I realize these are “jokes” and exaggerated versions of real-life behaviors and whatnot but it feels of a piece with the vibe where Dustin’s dad gives Dustin constant poo poo for being a loser, and maybe if asked he’d say (or the creators of the strip would say) it’s because he loves his son and wants him to succeed but if the “love” part is never expressed it’s just people being mean to each other, you know? Sorry to not be making any jokes here but it’s wild that there’s this family comic strip about a family incapable of expressing affection towards one another, maybe because they don’t actually feel affection, and we’re supposed to like or root for these people. Like at least when the Lockhorns do it, it’s explicitly the entire bit of the strip, plus they’re weird little gnome people so it’s funnier to see them fight.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

From the Breaking Cat News Instagram

Georgia Dunn posted:

Today makes one year since Lupin passed away. It still feels like it happened only a few weeks ago, and will likely stay fresh in the heart for a long while. I miss him every day, I still look for him sometimes. Occasionally I see a flash of white out of the corner of my eye, and always hope it is him.

Forever will hope it is him. 🤍

He was one heck of a cat.

Fearless, friendly, warm, affectionate, hilarious, ridiculous. I’m proud to have known him, and I’m so grateful I was able to share his personality, antics, and charm with all of you. Thank you for loving him with us. Nine years was not nearly long enough. ❤️❤️❤️

More pictures at the site.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

I don’t want you to take the astral projection in this comic literally. We’d all like to astral project, come on, but Claire only pretends that she can.

Speaking of imaginary things, I’m not sure I believe the fantasy of the Lindt Chocolatier Universe. Too glossy.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Meadowhall is an iconic shopping centre in Sheffield. It is one of the UK’s first huge American-style shopping malls and needless to say it closed a lot of shops in the city centre just like every other one of them. Thanks a lot, the 1990s!

Of course, time heals all wounds and now Meadowhall is part of the South Yorkshire fabric, like bus drivers calling you “love”. It even appeared as Self Esteem’s bra at Glastonbury. Quite the moment.

There’s a little New Zealand reference in today’s comic that I hope someone will spot.

Edit: The New Zealand reference is in the second panel. The store names are a reference to New Zealand musician Tim Finn and his song 'Funny Way'

The_Other fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 13, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Do dogs still say “sausages”? WALLS, NOW YOU’RE TALKING SAUSAGES.

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News

From the Instagram

quote:

The “Fruit box cat bed tower” from today’s strip is very real! Here are some pictures. You have likely already seen it in my other photos, shot from above. A maroon cat bed is on the top layer in real life.

It’s the daily afternoon napping spot for Puck, with assorted guests. There is artwork from the Girl inside and out, along with inspirational messages for the cats. The Girl asked me to point out that while the Boy taped it together, it was actually her who decided it needed pillows and put them in. (I got that part wrong in the re-telling. 😅 It’s a whole new experience now that the Girl and Boy can read along with all of us! 🤣❤️) This tower has been standing strong since June and we’ve never had a more loved cat bed. They do sleep in the bottom too, but I could not find any photos of them in there. I will try to catch some! (And despite the one cute photo of the Boy hugging Ora Zella, the kids stay off this to keep it safe and standing for the cats.)

The little chickie Elvis is sleeping with in the last picture is from Matt Tarpley’s ‘Cat’s Cafe’ comic. (You can find it on @gocomics and on @catscafecomics on Instagram! It’s great!) The Girl and I are big fans, and there are a few plushies in the house. Elvis keeps stealing this little chickie to play and nap with. 🤣❤️ Between this toy and clucky chicken, Elvis loves a little chicken for some reason!

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Nero was first mentioned in Solver 7: Green Door...

and first "appeared" in Solver 8: The Urn

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So John Allison announced this on his Twitter

https://twitter.com/badmachinery/status/1616129213668392961

According to his Patreon, it will be a four issue series with the first issues in April. As mentioned Allison is only doing the writing, the art will be done by longtime collaborator Max Sarin. I know not everyone likes Sarin's style.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

This page gave me a few things to think about. A rare one where it was almost all worked out in the rough, thank goodness.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

I think Claire and Glenn bought themselves those trophies. Or maybe bought them for each other.

Note the Chibi-Lottie in panel four.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Heavy is the crown.
Indeed.

From Robbie and Bobby a thread favorite.

For a serious answer to why Jughead looks the way he does, I think it's to contrast his character to Archie. Archie is usually depicted with a bright, energetic expression, while Jughead is more lethargic. This is also why Jughead is uninterested in romance, to further contrast him with Archie who's life seems to revolve around his romantic problems.

Speaking of romance here's today's Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1, were things get steamy in more ways than one.

John Allison posted:

Cupping World (one for sharp-eyed readers) refers to coffee cuppings, which are… like wine tasting? Not the thing where you get a lot of round bruises after paying someone £70. I don’t believe in the miracle powers of that sort of cupping.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Claire and Glenn do quite a good impression of the classic parental inquisition. Claire’s “vibe” took a little picture research from the 1990s.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So Will Henry is doing a thing;

GoComics posted:

“Wallace the Brave” Cartoonist Launches Scavenger Hunt
At the start of 2023, cartoonist Will Henry wanted to do something different. Something exciting. Something that had never been done before. By him. In 2023. Digitally. Two words came to him: SCAVENGER HUNT.

Will Henry is best known for his comic “Wallace the Brave,” in which small, strange children explore the many natural areas around the shoreline town of Snug Harbor. The world of “Wallace the Brave” is one of mystery, even when mysteries may seem unlikely, and adventure, which can be easily manufactured by children with a little imagination. Luckily for the characters and readers of the comic, all of these things can be found in abundance in the art and stories of “Wallace the Brave.”

"There's always something weird being drawn into this comic. I had trouble picking just ten from 2022, but I'm curious if readers can find them all," said Henry.

And now we come to the details of the hunt! Will has selected ten images from ten comics from 2022. If you are able to correctly identify the comics that these images have come from, you can enter to win a print of the very first (print syndicated) “Wallace the Brave” Sunday (https://www.gocomics.com/wallace-the-brave/2018/04/01). 10 winners will be randomly selected from correct entries, and one grand prize winner will win a mystery prize selected by Will Henry himself.The clue images can also be found on the scavenger hunt page.

The scavenger hunt will run through February 28th, and winners will be contacted by March 17th.

To enter the scavenger hunt, please visit: https://site.andrewsmcmeel.com/wallace-the-brave-scavenger-hunt

“Wallace the Brave” can be read at any time here.

Here's the images mentioned:

I was tempted to entry this contest as I was pretty sure I could find all the images, if only by searching through last years thread, but I felt that I'm on the wrong side of 30 to enter and it would be best to leave it to kids and/or their parents.

Speaking of Wallace, it looks like Vargo hasn't posted in a few days.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 :love::love::love::love::love::love:

John Allison posted:

Both Shelley Winters and Esther de Groot occasionally fell for himbos. I don’t think either of those women walked the length of the counter when making most of their romantic selections. We’ll have to trust that Lottie is a better judge of character.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Vargo posted:

Hi hello, I'm alive, I had a bout of food poisoning and then a bout of work poisoning.

Breaking Cat News

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

From the Breaking Cat News Instagram

Georgia Dunn posted:

Here they are, the real Megabox and Son of Megabox! These glamour shots were taken shortly after scooping and servicing, for the dignity of the cats lol. The first photo is Megabox, the “high traffic” box. The second and third photos are of the (significantly!) less used Son of Megabox. Ora Zella is lurking beside it as though she’s waiting to write some graffiti because she is committed 👏🏻 to 👏🏻 the 👏🏻 bit 👏🏻! 😂😂😂

These high walled Tupperware bins were originally selected after I watched Lupin standing in a shallow, regular litter box—peeing on the wall directly behind him. 😑😑😑 The high walls of these boxes helped Lupin to be a good boy. 😅 It feels like they have helped to cut down on litter spills and kick outs too.

If you ever decide to convert a Tupperware bin, my word of caution is: Be so, so careful cutting the door out! We used a small reciprocating saw—do NOT do that!! 😅😬 (Serioudly!) We finished cutting these out and agreed it had been a dangerous decision and we got REALLY lucky. It was harder to control it than we’d expected. (And we’re two artists who work with their hands 🙈🙈🙈 Noooo!) Be super cautious cutting the door, NO MOVING BLADES! 😅🫣 We lined the door edges with duct tape for a soft edge when kitties come in and out. We cut the door high enough to keep litter in, and low enough to be easy on Puck hopping in and out. 🖤

Also Georgia Dunn participated in "Hour Comic Day" on February 1st, were comic artists attempt to draw one comic an hour for a day. I liked her comic for 11:00 AM;

Ghost Lupin

Finally here's Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 in which Glenn hears about Nero's "side hustle"

John Allison posted:

That’s the flag of Norfolk. Norfolk is a county in England. It’s very flat. It doesn’t contain any motorways. Annoying, because you could really burn it up on that good flat track.

Can you start a K-Pop band if your not from South Korea? I'm seriously asking.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Romance has entered Lottie’s life and we are just going to have to get used to it.

The Swamp King resembles the "mermen" from Allison's Steeple

Hwurmp posted:

show us the gourds John

gourds

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News

Georgia Dunn posted:

Many folks have asked this week if Lupin was ever really pink. Yes and no… Was he ever specifically pink? No. Was he sometimes other colors? Yes. Back in 2013, Lupin was yellow for a few weeks after getting into some daffodils. (We were lucky he did not try to eat them, only rubbed his face into them and batted them with his paws. We’ve been careful of what followers come in since.) He was also sometimes gray, because he loved to get into the fireplace and try to sleep in the ashes. 🙄😂 Longtime readers may remember the second photo. My sister The Intruder sent it while she was babysitting the kids and the cats, after turning around and unexpectedly finding Lupin in the fireplace. 😅

John Allison posted:

The pressure is building. Mostly inside Glenn’s skull.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 Chekhov's gun? Charlotte's Gourd?

John Allison posted:

A crime! A crime against decorative gourds!

Four pages next week as Boys Like Fun Part 1 concludes.

Also, Georgia Dunn is doing a thing;

Georgia Dunn posted:

It’s that time of year! I’m getting ready to humbly submit ‘Breaking Cat News’ to the Reuben Awards! ✨🤞🏻✨ What was your favorite strip (or strips!) of 2022?

The rules for submission is the strip must have been published in newspapers between January 1st 2022 and December 31st 2022. I’m allowed to submit up to 8 samples of BCN in 2022 for this! What 8 strips do you think I should pick?? ❤️❤️❤️

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Speaking of Breaking Cat News...

Georgia Dunn posted:

This beautiful pair of little young adults got their collars this week! Don’t they look so grown up? 😭💖

Each of the cats in our house have their own collar color. And those colors correspond with their ties in the comic! Elvis has always had black, Pucky has always had green, and Lupin always had red. Goldie has light blue, and so her shirt is light blue.

Originally I had orange planned for Iggy, due to his very sweet Halloween/vampire appearance. However, soon after Lupin died I felt that passing his red onto Iggy might be a good way to honor their friendship. They were such good buddies in the months before Lupin died, in an easy, warm, trusting, playful way Lupin had not always shared with other cats.

Iggy was given his own new red collar. Lupin’s old collar was pretty shredded up (Lupin went through collars like you would not believe. 🤣 1-2 are STILL lost in the house somewhere!) I’ve shortened it into a bracelet to wear on days I need to feel him a little closer (or special occasions! 😅) And then immediately regretted shortening it, because “oh no, now we’ll never know how wide his neck was” and other grief fueled thoughts you have around change. 😅🥲 I soon comforted myself that any kind of destruction honors Lupin, and he would have shortened it further and thrown it into a plant if he could have. 🤣

I think Iggy wears the red beautifully!! ❤️ And Ora Zella got a brand new color for the household—pink! As pretty and wild as she is. Ora Zella is a like a Lisa Frank portrait of a kitten and a teddy bear jumping a motorcycle over a dolphin pit. 🔥💖🏍💖🔥 Pink felt just Purrfect for her.

Our favorite Italian grandparents Iggy and Ora Zella are growing up! ❤️❤️❤️

More pics at the instagram

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 In which we finally see Nero's Boy K-Pop Band: D-Slide

John Allison posted:

Nether Edge is a suburb of Sheffield. It’s a great place to live, work, and start a boy band.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Go-Kart Conspiracy was Lottie’s high school band with Claire, Blossom Cooper and Shauna Wickle. If you want to imagine what they were like, think “chaotic but catchy”.

Note the Chibi-Lottie by the bikes.

Selachian posted:

Lake Winnipesaukee is a real place -- I went there for vacation last summer, as it happens. Camp Winnabanana, not so much.

Lake Winnipesaukee? How do you spell that?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 maybe I should timg this?

John Allison posted:

You will see that Lottie’s markers of success are not exactly the same as those of, say, Q Prime Management.

Selachian posted:

Archie 7/11-13/46

This feels like a word problem. If Betty starts with $15, buys compasses for $1 each, sells them back for 75 cents, and gives Jughead a $1 commission, how many chances can she get?

By my math, Betty should get 36 chances.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1 Concludes!

John Allison posted:

Feeling a bit low? Look up ice cream vans on eBay. You’ll feel better. New story starts here Monday, with the whole thing going up on my Patreon then too.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 10: Boys Like Fun Part 2

John Allison posted:

Here it is, “Boys Like Fun” part 2, it really doesn’t seem so long since we were enjoying part one together, does it? You didn’t expect it to start with Flukeman, did you? So many questions! See, I can still surprise you.

My Patreon subscribers in all but the lowest tier can read the whole of this story (and many more) in a higher-res PDF format right now.

Also I've been meaning to post the various covers previewed for the first two issues of Allison's upcoming 4 issue series The Great British Bump-Off. Issue one has three covers, the standard one by Max Sarin and two alt covers by Dan Hipp and Jill Thompson, although Thompson's cover has yet to be posted online anywhere.

Here are the covers for issue two, again one by Sarin and an alt cover by Lissa Treiman, who also worked on Giant Days

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 5, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Glenn has entered an abstract philosophical world that only he understands. I barely understand it and I’m responsible for writing it.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 5, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Jackie Collins, the sister of Joan Collins off of “Dynasty”, was the writer of some incredible books, all of which were about powerful ladies who were real “goers”. I read “Lady Boss” on holiday when I was much too young and it changed the course of my life. Made me the man I am today, I reckon. There was a great doc about her, still on iPlayer in the UK and Netflix in the US, I believe. An excellent watch.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 5, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Hempuli posted:

What are the scissors identifying??

Which rock beat it.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Dean Thompson isn’t just a man of letters, he’s a man of combat, as we see here. Not an effective one, but spirited nontheless.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Does the bootleg merch stand still manifest outside music gigs? A good place to get a hoodie or tshirt where the sleeves fall off and the motif disintegrates on first wash. I’ve not been to a show at a university venue for years and those are where they seemed to have the most “purchase”.

Note that Alfie first appeared in Solver: Green Door

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Good as time as any to post this old picture from Allison's Flickr of the Bad Machinery girls dressed as their favorite queens

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Now we will see D-Slide in full effect, the band you love just doing what comes naturally. How did I end up here? I don’t know. It just happened.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Not a 100% flawless performance but look at it this way: no one died.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 5, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Porcupine Tree are two Irish brothers who make up for their limited musical ability with pots of enthusiasm. Jedward are a respected prog rock act of long standing. Wait, did I get that the right way round? Only one of these acts is great mates with Enya. Whichever one you think it is… it’s the other one.

Also, I was browsing the web for articles re: Dilbert/Scott Adams, when I came across this from the Cleveland Plain Dealer

quote:

We’ve selected a comic strip to replace Dilbert, and one reason we chose it is the number of you who said we should have looked for a new voice when we replaced Funky Winkerbean with Beetle Bailey.

The new strip is called Crabgrass by artist Tauhid Bondia. He describes it as a “strip about childhood friendship with all its peaks and valleys.” Exploring the daily travails of characters named Kevin and Miles “connects to the old and the young without alienating either.” It is set in the 1980s, when Bondia was growing up, before the age of cellphones and the internet.

Crabgrass has grown rapidly since it started in 2019 because it is a high-quality comic. It has tinges of the impishness that were central to the popularity of longtime reader favorite Calvin and Hobbes, but the voices in Crabgrass are unique.

We selected the comic because it is great, but given the reason we dropped Dilbert, I can’t help but mention some other reasons that make it an appropriate replacement.

Crabgrass is a comic strip about a multiracial childhood friendship by a Black artist. We dropped Dilbert because its creator, Scott Adams, went on a racist rant in a video that circulated widely. Crabgrass portrays the very opposite of Adams’ hateful advice to white people that they get away from Black people.

When I wrote about the Beetle Bailey decision, I mentioned that Pearls Before Swine is the only comic strip I read these days. After reading about 30 examples of Crabgrass, I’m pretty sure I’ll be a devoted reader. It has a lot of what people liked in Calvin and Hobbes, with Kevin and Miles jousting with parents and a teacher -- and having no end of unsupervised neighborhood adventures.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 5, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

John Allison posted:

Disposable vapes. There’s a thing it doesn’t make sense that “they” haven’t banned in the UK yet. Smoking devices marketed to children, made of plastic, which now litter the hedgerows of this island nation alongside torn up Lotto scratchcards and the last Lilt cans.

Everybody mark "Women be shopping!" on your Dustin bingo cards

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 5, 2023

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

But... it was all a dream sequence right? None of this was canon, right?

Right???

Since we've finished this Crabgrass storyline, here's what Tauhid Bondia posted on his instagram regarding it.

Tauhid Bondia posted:

But, Mr. Bondia, was it all REAL?!
Short answer : Yes. It’s all canon.
Long answer: I’ve been doing this strip since 2019 and I thinks it’s okay to spice things up a bit. I wanna take the boys on wilder adventures without having to explain away the fantastic bits at the end. What if that stuff just happened because stuff like that happens in this world? That doesn’t mean Kevin and Miles have to stop being relatable or reminding us of our own childhoods, does it? Of course not (that’s what one-offs between story arch are for). But if they happen to stow away on the space shuttle and fly to moon that just means it happened. It wasn’t the power of imagination or an inspired issued of Captain Squirrel. It was an adventure they had. Because, why not?

Also, in Breaking Cat News...

Georgia Dunn posted:

The ‘Breaking Cat News’ strip that ran in newspapers on Charles Schulz’s 100th birthday this year will now be a part of the Charles Schulz Museum collection!! They reached out to cartoonists who created tribute strips this past November, asking if we would consider donating them. I jumped at the chance, (of course!) and am so honored that my strip was accepted.

My Opa and Nana Dee Dee were each huge fans of Peanuts and passed that love on early. They had a Peppermint Patty doll and a beautiful talking Snoopy that told stories from tapes. I spent hours playing with those great toys and watching every Peanuts special over and over and OVER again with Nana. ❤️ I wish so much that I could tell them about this. I hope I’ve made them proud!

And yes, I included a photo of my preschool portrait with Snoopy in my submission. 😂 I don’t know if that also made it into the collection, but I hope they at least found it amusing. ❤️

So honored that a little piece of BCN will now be a part of the Charles Schulz Museum collection! ❤️❤️❤️ Much thanks to them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Solver 10: Boys Like Fun Part 2 I like Lottie's face in that first inset panel...

John Allison posted:

I’m sure you’re familiar with Brian Eno’s Oblique Strategies. One for the teenagers, eh?

Wikipedia posted:

Oblique Strategies (subtitled Over One Hundred Worthwhile Dilemmas) is a card-based method for promoting creativity jointly created by musician/artist Brian Eno and multimedia artist Peter Schmidt, first published in 1975. Physically, it takes the form of a deck of 7-by-9-centimetre (2.8 in × 3.5 in) printed cards in a black box. Each card offers a challenging constraint intended to help artists (particularly musicians) break creative blocks by encouraging lateral thinking.

Also in Breaking Cat News.

Georgia Dunn posted:

9 years ago today Lupin knocked everything off a shelf and I scribbled out a quick little funny comic about it for friends on Facebook. Within days I’d check to see if the domain “breakingcatnews” was available, letting that make my decision for me. Thank goodness it was. Soon the comic would be catching on—momentarily stuck with the quick, thrown together artwork at first. (My art degree still winces. 😬🤣)

Webcomic, newspapers, and the seventh book out in October—it’s been an amazing (and fast!!) nine years.

Next year will mark TEN YEARS of ‘Breaking Cat News’! 🙀❤️ I can’t believe it! Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my stories and jokes. It feels like a miracle that I get to make this wonderful comic and somehow people love to read it. Thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️

The_Other fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 5, 2023