Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Man, Rex is an rear end in a top hat. Put the loving shovel down and make a snowman with your loving kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

lol, well played

gently caress. Give him a spin-off strip.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

:china:

She needs a writer. These narration boxes are annoying.

And an artist.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Chip Dunham is a loving national treasure.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I mean, it's an interesting theory, but how is Slylox going to prove it in court?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

God damit Val, those horses had families!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Huxley posted:

Dustin is vile!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

What?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

And that's what killed off the Pechenegs.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Totally fake.
Everyone knows fire can't melt wooden beams!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I can't believe the Pechenegs are loving dead.

Also: Does anyone else know about the babies hidden inside the ship?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 3/12/50

I'm seeing double! Four Brendas!

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy

Do you give out your computer password?
Idiot!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Oh God I wish!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

:same:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Am I right guys?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Samovar posted:

drat, that steam/smoke rising from the arrow wound of Dialyodd's corpse.

That is a meteorite wound.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Alhazred posted:

Unlike the US, there's no cops in norwegian public schools so this would be a big deal.

To be fair, there are only cops in US schools when they aren't being shot up.

So there are no cops in US schools.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Green Intern posted:

Val, your wife is inside the city you are going to burn.

She is also their Queen and directing their defence.

This is such a great comic.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Selachian posted:

Besides the art, Montana is a really good letterer too -- look at how effectively he conveys tone and humor through lettering here.

It's almost as if it's possible to use bolding for natural emphasis rather than just bolding words at random.

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Medenmath posted:

Yay! :neckbeard:

I love the hat

Vintage Valiant (May 15, 1955)

Pierre is going to kill the Queen of the Pechenegs!

How is the ability to turn invisible going help Scarlet now!

Hempuli posted:

Don't worry, Jarla regularly pokes fun at the people bitching about The Wokes; the participants on the Fragility Track are the butt of the joke

E: example of Fingerpori making fun of the fragility of fascists:

Fun fact: The Nazi's really did hate the term Nazi which is why we should keep calling them Nazi's.
They didn't much care for Blitzkrieg either.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

gently caress you Ed

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ngl I'm kind of with Ed on this. People who take for-loving-ever to get back to you on anything, but expect you to respond to them immediately, are the worst and should have their phones explode.

But Meg has never, to my knowledge, been portrayed as demanding immediate response. And also Ed should just loving talk to his daughter in person.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The Dustin family should do a *lot* of things. First and foremost, they should seek therapy, and a whole lot of it.

They should try a shared family activity.
Like pole vaulting.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 05, 1955)

So many perfect panels in this one.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Fighting Trousers posted:

Followup question: Why does Jughead, supposed high school student, look like he's 35?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqt8T3tJIE

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I'm really enjoying this "Queen Alita in the days of King Arthur" comic.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

gently caress

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I mean, we've all been there.

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

God, just kiss her already!

quote:

Um Bread

Also: Bred comic good.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Feels like Randy is directly addressing critics here.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

WHANGO! ! !

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 10, 1955)

What exactly are you using to scan with? I bought some Krazy Kat books from Fantagraphics and their roughly the same size as the Price Valiant books, and my 3 in 1 combo scanner is definitely not up to the task.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I don't think I like Dr. Birb.

Medenmath posted:

Stay safe little bread roll :ohdear:

I bought a large format scanner by a company called Viisan. The model is VIISAN 3120.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into something like that.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I just want to say that Pogo is another one of those strips I encountered at too young an age to be bothered trying to figure out what everyone was saying and too late in it's run to grow to appreciate. Also what I encountered was apparently a reboot? Anyway, like with Prince Valiant I appreciate getting a chance to experience it.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Aug. 07, 1955)

Another great comic.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

LOL at all of you refusing to accept that Archie and Miss Grundy are soulmates.
Sad really.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Is it illegal to have sex in your own apartment in Finland?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Panel 1: Mark trail sets up another 'exiting' adventure.

Panel 2: Remember yesterday's strip folks!

Panel 3: Sure has been a while since anything exiting happened in this poo poo comic.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I know our chief was an rear end in a top hat but he *died*.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Swedes!!:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Eye exam.