Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

new year, new account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

: Finish the game

: Find all the Armor Upgrades

: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks

: Hadouken!

One of the best of all time, awesome pick. Was nice to take out Sigma's dog and his first form with the Hadouken as well, first time I was able to pull that off quickly enough.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

if you go back in the church in disc 3 you see his ghost there has to be a way

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 17, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Reserved

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Will put mega man x trophies here, and others

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Those foil cards are probably the coolest looking thing I've seen on the internet in quite some time, seriously awesome job!
Also, I see that when you made new impo sprite angles for the .wad that you decided to give impo butt cheeks. I just wanted to say thank you, thank you for drawing impo's rear end so that I won't ever have to travel down that dark road.

lol thanks brother :cheerdoge:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MotU posted:

first megaman gave iver ever beaten. in second grade i used to have to leave the room when my friend was doing jumping segments in megaman 2 because it gave me secondhand anxiety. i have conquered a primal fear
Lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
when i hear impo died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I didnt even know he was sick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mbt posted:

did you ever look at him. it's like Mr. Burns where he had every disease but they all canceled each other out, except all his symptoms were visible simultaneously

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lol at putting the item to go recklessly fast immediately before a room filled with bottomless pits.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mbt posted:

Lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

reserved

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

IMPO'S FATE

Impmas has ended and the imps have spoken: Impo will die.

We thought maybe warming him up in the microwave would thaw him out but well

A very special Impmas message from Impo himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvgxXQ1n6C8

Anyway to make absolutely sure he really is dead, you can kill Impo in DOOM as many times as you like:

~ ~ ~ DOWNLOAD IMPO.WAD ~ ~ ~

Impo will live on in all our hearts, but thankfully a short series of daily injections is effective.

RIP IMPO

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

some Impmas numbers
  • Total number of trophies earned during Impmas: 444

• Total number of Kill / Save votes cast: 412

• Final score: 219 Kill vs. 193 Save

• Number of Impos killed: All of them
Most games were a pretty even split between Kill and Save votes, but:
  • The game with the biggest overall trend toward SAVE trophy votes was a tie between Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (2 Kill votes vs. 11 Save votes) and Kirby's Adventure (10 Kill votes vs. 19 Save votes)

• The game with the biggest overall trend toward KILL trophy votes was Super Mario Bros. 3 (27 Kill votes vs. 14 Save votes) which is not exactly what I expected lol
    (Tokimemo was close with 29 Kill vs. 12 Save)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Any way to easily see who made the most votes for each side? (Please don't bother unless it's trivial lol)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Any way to easily see who made the most votes for each side? (Please don't bother unless it's trivial lol)

yep, most Kill votes was welcome (31) and most Save votes was Evil Eagle (also 31) . I have two personalities...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The abstainers just sat by the sideline and watched us kill Impo. Based.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol

trophy case post. have never actually played mega man x which is a gamer sin I will heal from

Trophies

Season One

Season Two

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 19, 2023

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

The abstainers just sat by the sideline and watched us kill Impo. Based.

didnt want to get their boots stained

Clawmydia
Jan 1, 2023

Anyone else using a controller? This was one of the first SNES games I emulated however many years ago, and trying to dash, jump, and shoot at the same time on a keyboard that couldn't handle very many inputs simultaneously was drat near impossible. Having that dash on a shoulder button really helps.

I don't know if this would be considered cheating, but it is interesting: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5145/

Wondering if it would stop my jump input from getting eaten every so often.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Clawmydia fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 1, 2023

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Becoming IRL nauseous trying to get spark mandrill's heart tank

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Clawmydia posted:

Anyone else using a controller? This was one of the first SNES games I emulated however many years ago, and trying to dash, jump, and shoot at the same time on a keyboard that couldn't handle very many inputs simultaneously was drat near impossible. Having that dash on a shoulder button really helps.

I don't know if this would be considered cheating, but it is interesting: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5145/

die

Clawmydia
Jan 1, 2023

I mean, I personally don't mind the slowdown. And this game definitely feels better than when I tried to play megaman 3.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Clawmydia posted:

Try setting up two rockband bass pedals for jump and that dash respectively. Your inputs will never be eaten that way, and you'll really feel immersed in the rock and roll fueled world of Mega Man X!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Try setting up two rockband bass pedals for jump and that dash respectively. Your inputs will never be eaten that way, and you'll really feel immersed in the rock and roll fueled world of Mega Man X!

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

I fell off the NES series after 3 and never played the sequels to X until recently but I played the crap out of X. Just like every time I've ever gotten the Hadouken, I only managed to land it on Sigma and his dog.

https://i.imgur.com/IAG1LaP.mp4

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

What are some good SNES games that work well with a controller?