Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Probably the end of my 2023 journey. Only just now saw this trophy when I was looking through my Case Lol.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

Probably the end of my 2023 journey. Only just now saw this trophy when I was looking through my Case Lol.

lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

Lol

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

In Training posted:

funny enough i did the same thing too when i first rented that game

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE

: Defeat the Spider Queen

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Game Club ftw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Finished Half-Life Blue Shift for a second freestyle trophy.

First and last saves

endgame

: Beat a second game of your choice

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Game Club ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my big avhievement: highest ratio of plat to non-plat of anyone this year. quality, not quantity

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i didn't get enoug htrophies this year. oh well. here's to 2024. maybe i can speed through a couple things this afternoon though.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

In Training posted:

Lmao

American McGay posted:

Game Club ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Gonna see if I can knock out the rest of Shaolin Monks before 12 central tonight since it’s apparently only 6-8 hours long and I did at least one or two hours during its original period, so maybe I’m not done with 2023 game club yet. But either way this was a really fun year, lots of great picks and fun events like the Summer of Zelda. I basically haven’t participated these last two months while I’ve been hooked on Baldur’s Gate 3 and the Pathfinder games instead and I’ve still got almost two and a half times as many trophies this year as I did last year lol. Thanks to everyone, especially Lord Sub-Ac for all the hard work.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

: Beat a third game of your choice

figured i'd keep with the theme for my final freestyle and do a run of bloodstained randomizer. it's not as good as aria's, more like sotn's in that it just shuffles items and shards for the most part. it was fun though, great reminder that bloodstained is incredible. if i ever do another run i'll probably keep progression items on shuffle. i forgot just how many different things you need to get to the end lol, i actually got lucky and got most of it within like an hour and a half but then i spent the rest of the run grinding shard drops for every enemy to try and find dimension shift to get past the very last hallway. probably the final trophy of 2023..... game club ftw

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

American McGay posted:

Game Club ftw

and I also did the can recycling thing. I got pissed off this run for gc because I couldn't figure out how to do it anymore

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

been a weird december for me but i should grab these while i remember

: Complete the prologue (open the second door in the Temple of Time)

: Get the Master Sword

: Unlock every hand ability

: Fully map the surface

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Punished Chuck posted:

Thanks to everyone, especially Lord Sub-Ac for all the hard work.
Sub ftw. Game Club has both made me finally play "get to it one day" games I've had in my backlog for 20 years (Skies of Arcadia, Snatcher, Suikoden 2) and has made me go insane (La Mulana, the time I blacked out for the entirety of August and woke up hearing swamp squelching noises)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sub ftw, he puts a ton of work into this and it pays off

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Fungah! posted:

turn off signatures

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sub rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Absolutely. A real legend. Hope he doesn't feel the need to keep upping/expanding bc it seems insane to go bigger from here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I heard next year is daily games, right?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm on the 8th level of omega boost hard mode and think I basically can't beat it because I did so poorly on the stages leading up to it, I haven't even unlocked viper boost lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

sucking sub's dick isn't gonna get you outta that hole you living rat frenzy punchline, he's the predominant ace of the imp zone and the only thing that puts a smile on his face is cold hard cash.
if you really want to make this right then I suggest you head over to the izgc homepage and loving crush that donate button. The next post outta you better sound like first 9 seconds of secret of mana.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Absolutely. A real legend. Hope he doesn't feel the need to keep upping/expanding bc it seems insane to go bigger from here

It should go even bigger and wilder, IMO.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thank you sub

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

sucking sub's dick isn't gonna get you outta that hole you living rat frenzy punchline, he's the predominant ace of the imp zone and the only thing that puts a smile on his face is cold hard cash.
if you really want to make this right then I suggest you head over to the izgc homepage and loving crush that donate button. The next post outta you better sound like first 9 seconds of secret of mana.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

I downloaded the Imp Zone Doom wad today - was hoping to marathon the whole thing and grab the plat, but I think I might be all Doom'd out for the day at only about halfway through. Oh well. Just finished map 16, It's Pinky. Every map so far has kicked rear end. Seriously, there are no flops. Blood Eagle Tower has to be my favorite so far. Shotgun Zone was sick. Running of the Pinkies made me lol. Hats off to everyone who made a map.

: Play another Imp's level

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

shame you won't finish it until the end of the year. you should still play the whole thing though.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

French Accent posted:

shame you won't make it until the end of the year. you should still play the whole thing though.

Definitely will. Prior to this, my only Doom experience was the shareware. This is so sick. No getting trapped not knowing where to go. Playing with a mouse is a gamechanger too.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea

sine730 posted:

Imp Zone Doom wad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea

Lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

It should go even bigger and wilder, IMO.

Two weekly games?

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Reach the rank of Major
: Reach the rank of Super Hero
: Beat the game

this game was really fun, good one to end the year out on. the voice acting was very funny and the gameplay was basically just what I wanted today. nice and breezy for the most part but tough at the end, forgiving on retries and the autosave feature saved me when I accidentally closed retroarch about halfway through trying to get a screenshot which was pretty cool.

I got the black screen glitch after the final boss so no screen of that, but I did get some of a nice impmas snowman and the suspiciously detailed T&A of the blonde woman with one line

that's the end of game club for me this year. we'll see if I manage to beat rodbeard for the silver or if he's got a couple more trophies up his sleeve, been fun racing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Felt it would be appropriate to end my game club year with a run of Doom II: Hell on Earth on Ultra-Violence.

: Beat Doom II

And that's my goal reached. Great year 2 of game club. Here's to an even better year 3.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat