Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Arch Nemesis posted:

that's the end of game club for me this year. we'll see if I manage to beat rodbeard for the silver or if he's got a couple more trophies up his sleeve, been fun racing

No, I'm stuck at work. Congrats.

Saila
Oct 24, 2011
: Get 64 stars
: Beat Bowser
: Get 120 stars

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

:hai:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Beat the game

: Beat the game without using Viper Boost

: S Rank the first stage

There is no way in hell I would've beat the last stage on hard mode, normal was mostly a breeze til then at least

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
: Beat epic.wad (5 levels, 2007)

tried out epic.wad which has extremely good level detail. that middle level takes a while but helltrain is a nice breather right after. this'll also be my last impmas trophy, happy new year y'all.

turn off signatures

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Evil Eagle posted:

: Beat Doom II

And that's my goal reached. Great year 2 of game club. Here's to an even better year 3.

hell yea

turn off signatures

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

thank you all imps :hai: and happy new year

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Ditocoaf posted:

I heard next year is daily games, right?

you shut your whore mouth

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

In Training, I'll put a copy of the "right" version of my map ("1.4") in the dropbox just to be safe, but it's still just the one from Oct 24. Sadly never found time to do that second level for the wad, or even finish the midi file I'd been working on. Oh well. Turns out December is busy!

EDIT: just checked the relevant posts and it says "dec 30" so uh, hopefully things are fine

In Training posted:

The IMP ZONE GAME CLUB COMMUNITY PACK DOT WAD will reopening at midnight tonight for our IMPSMAS UPDATE work!!

calling all imps to help work on the following elements:
- all levels are open for revision - whether bug fixes, finishing a half-done level or just redoing bits of design that annoyed you. its all game!
- We have 9 open level slots before we could make tbis bad boy a full-blown Megawad. Not a requirement that we release 32 maps but it would be cool.
- Art: we need a TITLEPIC, INTERPIC, ENDPIC and Logo. we have one of these already from the Kins, but it depends on how things go this month who winds up making what. Any kind of basic pixel art will work, the backgrounds need to be 320x200, LOGO needs to be 125x60.
- Lore and text intermissions. Lore text will be included in our .txt file, and intermission text displays before 5 levels in doom II: MAP07, MAP12, MAP21, MAP31 & MAP32. There is also a final text screen after MAP30. Just share the text in the thread and i will properly insert it into the pack

After Dec 30 I'm going to upload it to the idgames archive so our work will be forever preserved by the epic doom community.

In Training posted:

also this month I'm changing how I accept levels. it was a nightmare trying to juggle 45 different reallevel_final_rev2.WAD files and I obviously made a lot of mistakes when packaging everything together...so this time I set up a dropbox share folder that you can add files to. it collects an email address when you add something but I don't see it...plus you can put whatever you want in that box i think. it doesn't have to be connected to a drop box account.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 1, 2024

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

This 100%. I joined in a midway through this year, but it's been fun as hell. Looking forward to another excellent year of gaming!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ditocoaf posted:

In Training, I'll put a copy of the "right" version of my map ("1.4") in the dropbox just to be safe, but it's still just the one from Oct 24. Sadly never found time to do that second level for the wad, or even finish the midi file I'd been working on. Oh well. Turns out December is busy!

EDIT: just checked the relevant posts and it says "dec 30" so uh, hopefully things are fine

I haven't quite made fixes to my 3 maps, but its 1 thing I need to finish in each one so it'd probably take like 30 minutes. I'll try and upload mine to the dropbox some time tomorrow too

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

: Beat a third game of your choice

Cut my own internet line. Long story. Commander keen 6.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

condolences. but commander keen ftw

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

you shut your whore mouth

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

: Beat any game of your choice

: Beat a second game of your choice

New Super Lucky's Tale - was in the mood for another 90s-esque mascot platformer after spyro and this did the job. it's not trying to be anything groundbreaking but it's good at what it's aiming for.

Skyrim - it's skyrim. can't recommend anybody do this as a freestyle lol but it's what i felt like playing. will be going back but i did the main storyline so counting it

Kirby's Dream Land 2 - palate cleanser after skyrim. short and sweet

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mbt posted:

Lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress I need to post my impmas trophies.

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Klondike Easy

----------------

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
: Successfully infiltrate Outer Heaven
: Finish Act 1
: Finish Act 2
: Kill a Snatcher without missing or taking damage (PLATINUM)

was in the middle of buying my first house and moving when snatcher got picked, but playing it during the last part of impmas was perfect. i just finished a runthrough of MGS1-MGSV earlier this year so it was real cool seeing so many familiar themes and plot beats run through a pulpy sci-fi noir lens. if you're familiar with any of the source material or kojima you can probably guess a lot of the plot ahead of time but i was still really surprised at the reveal Harry was your kid, especially since it's only confirmed after he's dead. i haven't read a lot of the original devilman but elijah's spiel about suspicion really reminded me of ryo's scheme from crybaby. i never really thought about it before but i guess the latter was probably also inspired by invasion of the body snatchers. I really need to catch that flick.

i honestly can't believe how smooth this game plays for its age considering the typical jank of older adventure games. the translation and voice acting are great and it's funny as hell. just like gitaroo man i'd been meaning to play this one for years and just never got around to it before gameclub. thank you que sera sera for picking it and sub for running things

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Klondike Easy

lol

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
izgc owns. Huge thank you to everyone involved. It's given me compelling reason to play and complete games that have been on my radar a long time, or in some cases, games I was completely unaware of.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

thanks for this year, sub, and to all the imps who chose this year's games. see ya next thread (if you're making a new one) :cheersdoge:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

sub ftw, he puts a ton of work into this and it pays off

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sub ftw. Game Club has both made me finally play "get to it one day" games I've had in my backlog for 20 years (Skies of Arcadia, Snatcher, Suikoden 2) and has made me go insane (La Mulana, the time I blacked out for the entirety of August and woke up hearing swamp squelching noises)

tmfc posted:

sub rules

oddium posted:

thank you sub

Evil Eagle posted:

sub ftmfw. he's the goat

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

a perfect square. hope I didn't get the most impmas trophies.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

lol nice work

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

happy new year imps, and thanks for running this sub it scratches that 'ping! achievement unlocked' itch perfectly

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

French Accent posted:

thanks for this year, sub, and to all the imps who chose this year's games. see ya next thread (if you're making a new one) :cheersdoge:

:cheerdoge: yeah posting the new thread tonight. it'll take me a couple of days to get the website & new leaderboard up to date, and to make everyone's score cards, but the Mega Man X2 and Devil Summoner 2 trophies will be up tonight too. Bear With Me Imps lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

happy new year imps, and thanks for running this sub it scratches that 'ping! achievement unlocked' itch perfectly

meananast thing anytones ever said lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

you didn't, btw. lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Impmas and poo poo I forgot to post about trophy roundup

: Awaken Mulbruk
: Defeat four Guardians

: Beat one map in Adventure Mode
: Find the Master Sword
: Beat Legend Mode

: Complete the prologue (open the second door in the Temple of Time)
: Get the Master Sword
: Unlock every hand ability

: Lay Turbo to rest (obtain the Leaves of GreenWood)
: Defeat Lord Deathtoll
: Find every Sword/Armor/Magic
: Obtain the Magic Bell

: Beat the Sunken Ruins

hosed up year for me. Hoping for another global pandemic or a Powerball win to allow me proper IZGC time in the coming year. Bless the Imps and sub specifically. :cheerdoge:

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

you didn't, btw. lol.

good. seems like imps were overall less motivated this impmas when there was no one to murder

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ty for running sub feels like heroin entering my boossteam but without having to kiss dealer joes ring on a friday night

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Impmas and poo poo I forgot to post about trophy roundup

: Awaken Mulbruk
: Defeat four Guardians

: Beat one map in Adventure Mode
: Find the Master Sword
: Beat Legend Mode

: Complete the prologue (open the second door in the Temple of Time)
: Get the Master Sword
: Unlock every hand ability

: Lay Turbo to rest (obtain the Leaves of GreenWood)
: Defeat Lord Deathtoll
: Find every Sword/Armor/Magic
: Obtain the Magic Bell

: Beat the Sunken Ruins

hosed up year for me. Hoping for another global pandemic or a Powerball win to allow me proper IZGC time in the coming year. Bless the Imps and sub specifically. :cheerdoge:

la mulana ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ahh love ya joey and love yah impzne happy new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

:cheerdoge: yeah posting the new thread tonight. it'll take me a couple of days to get the website & new leaderboard up to date, and to make everyone's score cards, but the Mega Man X2 and Devil Summoner 2 trophies will be up tonight too. Bear With Me Imps lol

Take your time. No rush