Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For me it's tied between Spiderverse and Minus One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the boy and the heron

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kalel posted:

the boy and the heron

I wanna see this so bad but of course it didn't come to the multiplex near me. I would actually go to the theatre for that.

Next one will be DUNC 2

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Didn't see many good movies this year but I saw There Will Be Blood a few days ago so I'm gonna go with There Will Be Blood as my best movie of 2023

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Dúshé Dà Zhuàng
2. Xiāoshī De Tā
3. Cháng'ān Sān Wàn Lǐ
4. Bù Xū Cǐ Xíng
5. Fēng Shén Dì Yī Bù: Zháo Gē Fēng Yún

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cubone posted:

1. Dúshé Dà Zhuàng
2. Xiāoshī De Tā
3. Cháng'ān Sān Wàn Lǐ
4. Bù Xū Cǐ Xíng

Social credit score +500

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cubone posted:

1. Dúshé Dà Zhuàng
2. Xiāoshī De Tā
3. Cháng'ān Sān Wàn Lǐ
4. Bù Xū Cǐ Xíng

lol pretty basic to put 毒舌大狀 on the list. it was just the highest grossing film in hong kong to date. may as well just say avatar is the best film of all time while you are at it. *spits on ground*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rolling stone is calling the new Chappelle special “a barrage of trans jokes”, ugh. Dave u suck.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
thank god netflix keeps giving dave chapelle more money

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Between getting booed for dragging Elon Musk on stage and getting booed for supporting Hamas, Chappelle has obviously decided to stick with what he knows best: making fun of people who don't fit his idea of "normal"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Space Kablooey posted:

i shut off RM when they were taming the bird. did they really just leave it on dust planet? lmao

When I was watching it me and my friend were like ok I guess the clown posse is going to get a bird friend, and then they just got on the ship and left and we both said "uh...theyre just leaving without the murder bird?" and yup they sure did. Luckily they put together the Justice League of Yavin IV so they could promptly do absolutely nothing except for the original lady.

This is going to turn out to be another lovely Seven Samurai ripoff isn't it.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 1, 2024

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

dragging Elon Musk

well thats ok and good

Sydney Bottocks posted:

supporting Hamas

i think he supported palestine not hamas. but gently caress him anyway. transphobe rear end in a top hat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy new year to all my RLM fan posters

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Happy new year! 2024 will be remembered as the Return Of Plinkett! If I’m wrong may I be keelhauled until dead!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Hackers film 1995 posted:

well thats ok and good

Just to be clear, "dragging Elon Musk" was in the "he brought Musk out on stage and got mad at the crowd for booing him" sense, not in the "dragging as in making fun of him" sense

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just to be clear, "dragging Elon Musk" was in the "he brought Musk out on stage and got mad at the crowd for booing him" sense, not in the "dragging as in making fun of him" sense

lol oh. im an idiot.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:cheers:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

At least Chappelle was funny once, Ricky Gervais was never funny (in standup anyway)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just watched the first three episodes of The Bear and I liked it a lot.

Edit.

Aaaand now I'm watching Civil War and it's dumb as hell how Rhodes gets crippled from falling out of the sky but any other time he and Iron Man are flying around getting whacked like pinballs that somehow doesn't break all their bones.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 1, 2024

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Red Letter Media 2024: jay bauman COME ON SHOW ME HIM NAKED

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Watching John Carpenter's The Fog for the first time

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Arc Hammer posted:

I just watched the first three episodes of The Bear and I liked it a lot.

Edit.

Aaaand now I'm watching Civil War and it's dumb as hell how Rhodes gets crippled from falling out of the sky but any other time he and Iron Man are flying around getting whacked like pinballs that somehow doesn't break all their bones.

Rhodes injuries are supposed to be a huge loving deal when it only becomes a minor inconvenience.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And now Rhodes has got loving cyber legs and they're still making this a big shocking thing. Iron Man can invent nanomachines and time travel in his spare time but he can't fix a black dude's legs because it's good for drama.

It's still a mostly entertaining movie but some parts of it are so drat stupid.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
In the Civil War comic some d-lister hero that can make himself giant like ant-man gets killed during a scuffle between the heroes.

It's funny as he doesn't return to normal size after he's dead so Tony has to buy out half a cemetery in order to bury him.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vakal posted:

In the Civil War comic some d-lister hero that can make himself giant like ant-man gets killed during a scuffle between the heroes.

It's funny as he doesn't return to normal size after he's dead so Tony has to buy out half a cemetery in order to bury him.

Both the comic and the movie are dumb as hell.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

And now Rhodes has got loving cyber legs and they're still making this a big shocking thing.

:allears: like Fox McCloud…

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Watching John Carpenter's The Fog for the first time

It's definitely one of his most underrated films, enjoy :)

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Just watched Black Sheep, which concludes with our hero Chris Farley saving the day by stealing a cops gun, taking a hostage, having an unstable veteran threaten a crowd of innocent people with a rocket launcher, then accidentally sexually assaults the governor for an uncomfortably long time.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I prefer the New Zealand Black Sheep film where mutant sheep eat a bunch of farmers.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
taking a moment to honor those we lost this year 🫡
cowcaster - went to mexico
that dick! - decided to stop posting here. or was forced into hiding by the trickster wordsmith rod hoofhearted, it's unclear
silvergun superman - left after da mods unfairly refused to punish anyone for calling him the homophobic slur supergay stupidman
assepoester - probated for 11 years, apparently
trilobite terror - given an atomic wedgie and noogied to death while trying to usurp the thread from its rightful and honorable leader reignofevil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiZcCU36ss

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cubone posted:

they dont allow posting in mexico. feels a little prejudiced imo.

much love to you, cubone, on the new year ;) :cheers:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

low bones bud

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

that dick! - decided to stop posting here. or was forced into hiding by the trickster wordsmith rod hoofhearted, it's unclear
silvergun superman - left after da mods unfairly refused to punish anyone for calling him the homophobic slur supergay stupidman
trilobite terror - given an atomic wedgie and noogied to death while trying to usurp the thread from its rightful and honorable leader reignofevil

holding my hat in my hands and shedding a single tear. remember the lost :911:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Absolutely not.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Every year, an average of 5 good posters go silent after traveling to mexico. Together, we can join them and achieve enlightenment through ayahuasca

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Cubone posted:

RIP Cubone, mastodon quaked into the earth through the butthole by four perfect muscular pachyderm men supercharged by uncut Wisconsin dairy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Every year, an average of 5 good posters go silent after traveling to mexico. Together, we can join them and achieve enlightenment through ayahuasca

I spent 10 days in Cancun last year and lived to tell the tale.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Did glistening hodor leave us this year or was that 22

Sad

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol, that other thread got gassed

If a new thread gets made for 2024, can the OP not be like 20 YouTube links in a row please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
avatar 1 or 2 is on in the background and jesus what a boring waste of time