Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Happy New Year y'all

Here's to 365 more days of endless trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

whats your favorite movie involving motorsports

Mad Max: Fury Road

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

monique gabrielle is going to rend this thread asunder. let's get back to what really matters: the last Jedi is the best star wars film, thank you rian "lol jk" johnson

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

empire strikes back, fury road, t2, aliens, spiderman 2, blade runner 2049, and deathstalker 2

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

don't blame it on the sunshine
don't blame it on the moonlight
don't blame it on the good times
*does a twirl and points finger guns at the next poster to let them bring it home*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

blame it on the nukie

👉😎👉

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

two free quotes. congrats

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

colonelwest posted:

Harrison Ford will literally die on the set of some lovely Marvel movie.

and then the Hollywood ghouls will market his dogshit performance as "powerful" and "so right"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

colonelwest posted:

I see very little similarity between her and RLM, other than they very occasionally touch on the same topics. RLM sometimes uses childish humor, but they aren’t man-children. There are layers of irony and criticism in everything they do, and they’ve made fun of people like Jenny and their child bedrooms full of Porgs on many occasions.

:emptyquote:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1339282322999406593?s=20&t=FtlKKI5Uvrj7n9NI_xDHXg

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

any comics have their heroes do poo poo in a t shirt and jeans like a normal person, other than wolverine sometimes?

she hulk

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Randarkman posted:

I like the first lovely costume in the Sam Raimi Spiderman. I would have liked if he wore it for a bit longer in the movie and didn't just suddenly have this super slick costume.

it's my favorite unlockable costume in Spider-Man for the ps2

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Beastie posted:

I was working in a bookstore when it released so I only became aware of it from the manga crowd coming in to buy it. Manga readers looooooooved to talk your ear off about their purchases even if you were making polite conversation at the register.

Gripweed posted:

yeah manga fans are nice

listening to an enormous neck bearded weeb drone on about titty mecha #29521 and nodding along as if I have any idea what he's talking about because I'm starved for any human contact

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

til "I'm just so tired of all these Star wars" is actually from something, and isn't just an internet creation

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol at all of them tbh

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It was fine, but I’m bothered by any piece of media where the world ends at the end. You don’t have to do that, you can just refuse to take participate in the making of the sequels. It’s why I quit reading Alan Moore, he just loves ending the loving world, which is lazy. It’s a lazy cop-out.

the reason why cabin in the woods ends with the end of the world is because the world of the movie is a metaphor for the modern (at the time) horror movie landscape. the end of the world in that context signifies an end to the conventions of horror that had been stale for decades. it's not an entirely subtle metaphor but there's at least a reason for it. Alan Moore meanwhile is a misanthropic radical anarchist grandpa, there's nothing to read into the end of his comics beyond "all systems of human organization are inherently evil and must be destroyed"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

terminal list is stupid what's some good movies I can watch where A Guy uses Guns to Kill A Bunch Of Evil Shitheads

not John Wick or Rambo or Die Hard. maybe there's a Korean one I haven't seen ala The Chaser / The Man From Nowhere? please I need to see a dude kill just a lot of ppl, there's great rage in my heart today

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Django Unchained

Equilibrium

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

j.peeba posted:

Verbinski movies have Gore in practically every scene

you should have said "you don't see any gore because all the Gore is behind the camera" but A for effort

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

2ne will be great. nothing else on that chart interests me

I do look forward to the inevitable Wonka/dune mashup parody videos on YouTube though

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

he's gay smg in the sense that his posts are good (gay) instead of bad (not gay)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

thinking about doing 0 work today

way ahead of you

thanks COVID

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

never heard of this show and seriously thought it was a modern parody of early 2000s fox dramas. holy poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

colonelwest posted:

The last Avatar movie will just be James Cameron waterboarding actors in his basement for 3.5 hours.

don't be ridiculous

instead of the obvious punchline here's a link to donate to the center for victims of torture. together we can imagine a future without... the way of water(boarding)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Ah totally it’s so lame (watches the intro 90 more times)

I'm agreeing with you

he who assumes makes me and you into asses

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

Nah, just get to Pandora. Tell me Earth sucks and I’ll believe it. I can watch a thousand other movies about steamy dark crowded neon dystopias.

yeah there's no suspension of disbelief there, earth sucks right now and it's only going to get worse

in avatar 6 when the Navi invade earth in 25XX, the planet should look exactly the same as it does in 2023 so its inevitable destruction has the maximum catharsis possible for the audience. show me the Chinese iphone sweatshops getting overrun by magical plants. show me factory owners clawing at their skin as hundreds of mushrooms erupt from their bodies. show me the Capitol building getting obliterated by a magical friendship laser, armageddon-style, straight from Pandora itself like it's some kind of biological death star. then, and only then, will you have my respect, james frederick cameron

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

Wrong the final scene of the final movie is Neytiri shooting an explosive arrow into the brain of the last human baby, followed by a needle drop of “We Are The Champions” by Queen

lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

is m3gan good or is this some dumb ironic internet thing

it's by the malignant guy. hopefully that answers your question

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yeah i hated it from the first shot (the thing you mentioned). i think i said out loud to my wife , “ugh just fuckin great”

oh good now I don't have to feel guilty about turning it off three minutes in. thx

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Voodoo donuts is insanely overrated. It's better than other donut chains, but that's it.

tangentially, crumbl is only slightly overhyped. my gf underhyped them in fact, I had them for the first time a few weeks ago after she said they were "just fine" and I loved em

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

based on the skew of your ratings curve I would say you do, in fact, watch a lot of bullshit

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

four stars for goodfellas. delete you're account

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's mine too, since I'm taking shots. I don't know where to fit blade runner 2 into my favorites, any suggestions

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

loving dogshit list. boi has no business being that low nor avatar/fablemans being that high e:

almost forgot the old wisdom: "if to non-RLM videos you react, even more weirdos you must combat"

kalel fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 7, 2023

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

AutismVaccine posted:

Dont want to stalk you, but i like your addition of Predator in the "Ensemble of Smart People Dealing With A Bad Situation" List. Lol

lol thanks :unsmith:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

y'all are going to have to start identifying yourselves if you want the follow back on LB

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm... gay? (slowly turns and looks into mirror)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I respect those on letterboxd who avoid overrating movies and are harsh. like, don't give Yesterday four stars. that movie is a piece of poo poo. it's a 2/5

four stars are for movies near 8/10 or higher. do the math bro

I'm such a little loving worm, I give everything 3.5 or 4 stars

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

how would we get the ape to do karate

he learned it from cranky kong. idiot

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sorry for calling you an idiot sunk dunk. you're a good poster. I appreciate that you're always asking thought-provoking questions and keeping the thread discussion moving so we're not just talking about loving star wars for the millionth time. I love you mwah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

The thing is though, there were some parts in star wars 8 that didn't make much sense

the king is back baybee